on 21 August 2014
Best PC fans I have ever used, they are biblically good in fact, I have put two of these on two separate 120mm watercooling radiators on my pc case's side panel and the amount of air they push is unreal, also there is no case hum or motor vibration even on full speed.

they have 9 blades which is a bonus and of course they are PWM which means theyre ideal for air cpu and graphics coolers too.

I personally think however they are suited more as radiator fans as the airflow is very focused, the dead spot is minimised tool as the centre motor housing is tiny which is great.
on 25 January 2015
I fitted this as a (lower) front intake fan in my tower case. It was straightforward using the four supplied screws to attach the fan to the case, but you do need to fix two diagonally opposite screws first (e.g. bottom left, top right) or you might find it difficult to locate the other two screws. I needed the cable to reach the fan socket at the top of the motherboard, and needed to take the cable out of the cable restraint to the rear of the fan to reach this; it really needs to be maybe 10cm longer. The instruction manual is an A5 sheet in small print which explains how to connect the cables, and daisy-chain up to five fans, either via the four-pin CPU cooler socket or a separate four-pin chassis fan socket. Plugging my single fan into a single four pin chassis socket didn't show the fan speed in the BIOS or in Argus Monitor, however; I needed to plug the second, single cable three-pin plug into the other chassis fan socket for it to read out, which was listed as Optional in the instructions and not made clear. I thought that the main-four connector cable should do this.

I'm inclined to buy a separate cable and to plug the power cable into a spare SATA cable to free the first chassis fan connector, as I want to fit another couple of F12s. The instructions note that daisy-chaining fans on the chassis fan connectors is limited to 0.7A, and an F12 draws 0.25A so you might get away with running three. An F8 draws only 0.16A, so you might mix fan sizes.

There's a noticeable improvement to airflow through my case after fitting this beast. There is also an indication of the direction of airflow - an arrow - on the side of the frame.
on 28 May 2014
This was bought for a new system build that was lacking a rear exhaust fan. I'm running an AMD 6300 Processor which doesn't come with that great of a heatsink cooler, and so whilst my system didn't appear to be suffering any performance detriments in the few days I had it running without a rear fan, the closest stick of RAM and the motherboard connector at the back were getting noticeably hot as a result of the hot CPU air being pushed around the case and not really going anywhere. I was getting idle temperatures of around 50°C on the CPU and 45°C on the Motherboard. (GPU and Hard Drives were largely unaffected due to the GPU being an XFX DD card so excellent built-in cooling and the Hard Drive being closest to the front intake fan)

After installing this fan, my CPU now runs at 35°C or less at idle, barely scraping above 55°C under the load I've tried it with over the past week.

The cables on this item come with a built-in splitter. So I plugged this fan straight into the CPU fan header, and daisy-chained my CPU fan onto this. I had actually purchased a splitter separately not realising this, which may be something to bear in mind for anyone else using it for a similar purpose to mine.

I've also installed this fan with my own rubber screws harvested from an old computer. I've no idea how noisy this thing would be without them, but I can honestly say that with them I'm yet to hear a peep from this fan even under load.

Not an ounce of disappointment from this product for me as of yet. Would gladly buy another as a side-panel intake but the temperature improvements from just one extra fan have meant I don't look to be needing it for a good while.
on 29 September 2014
I did a lot of research to find the best fan for my PC. I researched (in online comparison articles and reviews) lots of different brands including: noctua, corsair, be-quiet, arctic, gelid, coolink, noiseblocker etc etc. I went for the arctic F12 since it was the cheapest and none of the others were consistently better by a meaningful margin on the review sites I looked at (hardwareinfo, xbit, madshrimps etc etc).

After installing, this proved right. The fan is virtually silent at 40% PWM duty cycle and indicates 770 rpm. At this speed there is more than enough airflow for my needs (should be good for most people). I would like to run it even slower, but my motherboard does not allow settings below 40%. There is no bearing noise and very little vibration. At higher rpm, the fan noise is noticeable but still a quiet and fairly gentle 'woosh'. At 100% duty cycle my sample runs at 1450 rpm, and then it is quite loud, but few people will need that amount of airflow.

This is one of those rare products (like intel processors, if you ignore their price) I can strongly recommend without reservation. You get a high quality fan for next to nothing.
on 9 January 2012
This fan looks good and has a high rate of airflow which is perfect for my setup. It is a little loud however but this did not bother me.
on 23 January 2014
For the cheap price the product offered, it worked perfectly its not even that noisy on full RPM. Im using this on the radiator of a Water cooling unit and it reduces my temperatures by more than 10C. My previous fan span at the same RPM, but this one seems to be much cooler due to the amount of fans means it can get a lot of airflow through. Would recommend this product.
on 5 November 2014
perfect in every way, comes with a handy spiltter system so you can connect other PWM fans up without the need for a splitter cable, great fan, excellent build quailty, very quite under full (my GPU is drowns out all my other fans on full) perfect for someone looking to increase cooling or just reduce noise on their desktop
on 21 January 2013
I purchased 4 of these fans for my recommissioned Antec 900 case as the stock fans were pretty noisy. If used with power drawn direct from PSU they can be a bit noisy, but just the shifting of air. I also purchased the Akasa AK-CB002 PWM splitter witch arrived Today(21/01/2013 so over the weekend I had the fans connected to the PSU, now I have the Splitter cable it has made huge difference noise wise. Now my PC is extremely quiet while having adequate airflow to keep my components happy.

2x front of case for cooling HDD's. Cool HDD equals happy HHD. :-)
1x Rear exhaust.
1x Side panel (no stock fan included with Antek 900 but has mounting for a fan) this fan is to help my graphics card stay cooler as the stock fan on graphics card is really loud!

All in my pc is now quiet. If you choose to go with these fans it's advisable to also purchase the PWM splitter cable as this regulates the rpm of the fan for a quieter pc.
on 16 April 2014
I love these fans. They work without any annoying whines like some older OEM PWM fans from intel. Motherboards have been PWM aware for quite a few years but only fairly recently have the matching fans become available at commodity prices. I now replace old fans with these at every opportunity. A word of warning however, please only replace fans if you understand how the cooling airflows in a computer case work, which components need active cooling and are prepared to get stuck into playing with 5 year old BIOS options to set the fans up properly. If you do it right the results are very rewarding, most people think their system isn't working correctly when they get it back and it doesn't sound like a jet taking off! On a serious note there is significant risk to hearing from long term exposure to medium level computer noise, so the quieter the better, consistent with keeping the electronics safe too.
on 18 November 2013
It has more blades than the one it replaced. Tried out coupled to CPU and it ran at about half CPU fan speed. Now using with separate PWM mb connector, extracting what feels like more air at low speeds. And it didn't cost a lot. Arctic F12 PWM 4 Pin 120mm High Performance Case Fan

See one answered question