4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cheap entertainment
The Onion is a great source of humour often poking fun at current events or - if news is lacking - making up their own stories. Each week there is a new selection of articles broken up into various sections.
Published on 3 Sep 2010 by Mr. R Anderson

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the Content, Hate the formatt
I don't read the Onion often but I do enjoy their podcasts and visit the website. I enjoyed the content that I could access and it was I as expected from the Onion.

Published on 1 Nov 2010 by Brace, Brace, Brace

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cheap entertainment, 3 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
As an added bonus there is a section of reviews for new music, films, books and video games. These are all written in much the same style as the rest of the paper just with a little more opinion and truth thrown in.
The only problems I see with this newspaper are the fact that it is American (sports news is all about the NFL, NBA etc) and the fact that some people might mistake it for real news as it is so well written!
All in all I am in love with The Onion and will be continuing my subscription for the forseable future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the Content, Hate the formatt, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)

I have to say I don't like the format of the newspaper on the kindle at all. Keep track of articles across pages can be hard. Many articles empty or just titles. (That's the kindle right? Not the onion trying to be funny). I found it hard to browse pages and use the index. Title run across pages. Having the content is not enough when compared to other sources for the onion. Sorry Maybe it's all too soon for the kindle and Newspapers.

Despite the price I cancelled after one issue until I hear better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very unreliable, 23 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
I subscribed to the Onion on my Kindle because I had enjoyed the on-line version for many years, but recently they have been trying to make it a pay-to-view site. The first issue sent to my Kindle (as a one-off, not subscription) was full of jokes, news, reviews etc.
As soon as I subscribed, the issues I have been sent have lost either 90% or all of the humour, and just consist of interminable reviews for American TV shows.
Plus the downloads are very unstable and keep crashing the Kindle.
I'll give them a couple more issues (perhaps things are slack around Xmas) and if the humour content doesn't return to something approaching the original one-off issue I downloaded, then I'll cancel the subscription and get the occasional one-off.
I have to say, giving a full issue as a one-off, but a much truncated version for subscription holders seems a very cynical move to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always sharply fuuny., 30 April 2014
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
Very funny, sharp, often ironic. Readers in UK will be amazed how outspoken it is, in a way not possible there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great when taken with a pinch of salt..., 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
Enjoy a glimpse into the shreds of humour and common sense that prove independent thought is still possible, even in North America...

4.0 out of 5 stars funny stuff, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
The ONION has to be one of the best things on the planet . It can be so funny that a giggle is not enough , though saying that as it is american it can lose me as people can be not understood who are not notable here in europe . Overall it is laughable .

3.0 out of 5 stars Great content, unreadable format, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
Firstly, it's not available on the Kindle Fire, which is just stupid as it is the format which would seem best suited to it. Instead, it goes to the Kindle app on my phone...which simply doesn't work. Far too small and hard to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, very witty, 11 May 2012
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
For many years, The Onion has proved that America can indeed produce fine satire. At its best, readers don't even realise they're being fooled - such is the fine line between today's reporting styles and a spoof at its best. Completely in touch with The World of Today, I cannot recommend The Onion more highly. To my mind, there is rarely any publisher and set of writers so consistently excellent and, moreover, funny!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous format, 22 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
I adore The Onion. But the Kindle edition is vile. Horrid formatting. My advice is to stick to the web site/print edition - far more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Onion (Kindle Edition)
The Onion isn't really well known this side of the Atlantic, but it's a great "newspaper" full of spoof news stories. When I'm ever in the States I will try and pick up a copy, it can be hard to get as it's free, the copies go very quickly. As others have said, like many newspapers, the format isn't great on a Kindle but it doesn't take away much from the actual articles.

As another reviewer pointed it, it's written by Americans for Americans, so natuarally all the "sports news" is about American sports.

Highly recommended if you like satire.

The Onion