5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Summary of Box Set Contents
This box set is basically a bundle of two Blu-Ray packages.

Life [Blu-ray][Region Free] - 4x BD50 Blu-Ray disks, approx 585 mins runtime. The disks and the packaging of Life in this box set are identical to the standalone product.

Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray] - 5x BD25 Blu-Ray disks, approx 550 mins runtime. The disks are identical...
Published on 30 Oct 2012 by J Yendor

3.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth did play on my PS3 but Life did not play. why??
I bought the "Planet Earth/Life" combo blu-ray. All of "Planet Earth" blu-ray disks played normally on my PS3, but Non of "Life" played. It only played the 1st part until where it's about to show the menu. It played the intro, blu-ray... This happened on all 4 blu-ray disks of Life.
Anybody experienced this? Amazon???
All my other ordered blu-ray movies played...
Published on 19 Jan 2010 by Tomo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like looking at a living photograph.., 15 July 2010
B. T. Aris (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Earth & Life Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
You reach out and want to stroke the animals and that's how I feel watching this on Blu-ray. It's hard to explain if you don't have Blu-ray but it's like nature come to life in a box in your living room it's all so real.

You need to see Life on Blu-ray rather then DVD and you'll see what all the fuss is about (",)

5.0 out of 5 stars Life in HD, 21 Jan 2010
David B (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
The product description tells you all you need to know about the content. So here is a bit about actually viewing it. If you've got an HD TV and blu-ray player you will not be disappointed with this. With so much fine detail in nature this really is a blu-ray that shows HD at it's bets.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Must!!!, 5 April 2010
S. Brown "Chubs" (Maidstone, England) - See all my reviews
For anyone who wants to experience bluray/1080p/fullHD at its very best then this is a must buy! My bluray collection has been rising steadily for a good few months now but this boxset is still my pride and joy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 16 Mar 2010
I have a blu ray player and this is the first title to really make it worthwhile. The filming is stunning and these discs do full justice to it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov 2014
Mrs. C. E. Hart "Christine" (Notts.) - See all my reviews
Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Quality, 26 Dec 2009
This set in Blu Ray is just out of this world. I watched on a 55" screen and it was like being in front of a stage, the quality of the picture and colour depth create an almost 3D effect that will revolutionise your idea of good quality tv viewing. You must give Blu Ray and Life a go, you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Blue Ray discs, 29 Dec 2009
J. Barry (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This combined blue ray DVD is one of the best I have ever seen. If you are investing in a blue ray player for the first time, make sure that this is at the top of your list - you will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth did play on my PS3 but Life did not play. why??, 19 Jan 2010
Anybody experienced this? Amazon???
All my other ordered blu-ray movies played just fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great content pity about the Blu Ray flaw., 3 Mar 2010
R. Walker (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Please be aware I would give the content of this Blu Ray disc a definite five stars my complaint is about the functionality of the discs. Namely that if I stop the play back and come back to it later the disc does not remember where I was and I have to go right back to the start and spend some minutes, selecting the language, watching the copyright notice, the disclaimer about the interviews, loading the disc, the film studio logos and then jump forward / fast forward to reach the point where I stopped the playback. This annoying flaw does not seem to be widely reported but it was confirmed to me by Sony. Now I am no doubt unusual in that I like to watch a disc for a while then stop it to return later. However to me the the disadvantage of not being able to stop and restart at the click of a button outweighs the relatively slight improvement in picture quality. I am unlikely to buy any more Blu Ray discs and I think it is shameful that this design flaw is not highlighted. According to Sony it is the discs rather than the player that is at fault. I am using a Sony Bravia 46 inch TV and Sony Blu Ray player with surround sound system.

Anyway if you like to stop playback and restart I'd buy the DVD set.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Planet Earth & Life Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Planet Earth & Life Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by David Attenborough (Blu-ray - 2009)