5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Summary of Box Set Contents
This box set is basically a bundle of two Blu-Ray packages.

Life [Blu-ray][Region Free] - 4x BD50 Blu-Ray disks, approx 585 mins runtime. The disks and the packaging of Life in this box set are identical to the standalone product.

Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray] - 5x BD25 Blu-Ray disks, approx 550 mins runtime. The disks are identical...
Published on 30 Oct 2012 by J Yendor

3.0 out of 5 stars Planet Earth did play on my PS3 but Life did not play. why??
I bought the "Planet Earth/Life" combo blu-ray. All of "Planet Earth" blu-ray disks played normally on my PS3, but Non of "Life" played. It only played the 1st part until where it's about to show the menu. It played the intro, blu-ray... This happened on all 4 blu-ray disks of Life.
Anybody experienced this? Amazon???
All my other ordered blu-ray movies played...
Published on 19 Jan 2010 by Tomo

5.0 out of 5 stars The reason you buy a Blu Ray player, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Planet Earth & Life Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I watched this on my friend's projector and I was mesmerised. I had to buy my own. It is documentaries like this that make having a blu ray worthwhile. I bought two copies of this. One for me and one for my bro.

5.0 out of 5 stars blueray version, 29 April 2011
I ordered the planet earth and life collection over the April Bank holiday and still got it delivered promptly by Amazon... Well done,

The blue Ray quality is next to nothing, it is stunning and feels as if I am there... It gives a 3D effect

The Planet earth collection consist's of 5 discs & the Life series consist of 4 discs

It is very entertaining & knowledgeable as it can be watched by the entire family... From grand parents to Grand children and all those between....

It makes you reflect on your position in this world and really makes you appreciate this planet

For once I am happy with my T.V license fees being spent correctly

Well done BBC.... Keep it up

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Nothing short of absolute class., 19 Dec 2010
M. Walker (Chester, England) - See all my reviews
Always enjoy a bit of BBC wildlife programming, and this is 2 great series' in one box!

And with the BluRay its just beautiful to watch! If you have a bluray player (you're looking at it, so you probably do!) then you need this in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars B Kirkpatrick, 7 Feb 2010
Bought this box set to test out the new blu-ray player and TV we bought over Christmas and the quality of the images is stunning, as is the amazing photography and brilliant narration from David national treasure Attenborough. A must own for anyone interested in the natural world

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the best !!, 4 Mar 2010
S. Liu (AUS) - See all my reviews
Nothing more to say, simply excellent in all picture, colour, scene, content and sound. I thought DVD was great, this is simply excellent. Enjoyed it every single moment I was watching. World Class and definitely worth the money to upgrade my DVD to Blu Ray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 28 Jan 2010
GregK "GregK" (Amsterdam, Holland) - See all my reviews
This is the pinacle of nature filming, jaw dropping in every respect. Have no hesitation its worth every penny. My wife and I just kept turning to each other in disbelief, it really is totally extraordinary and the best Blu ray in my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful, 7 Feb 2011
After seeing this from ordinary television broadcast couple years ago
this is just what I expected. Crisp and plain beautiful to watch over
and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Dec 2010
If you were a fan of these shows when they where on as I was then this is a definite must buy the quality is amazing defiantly sir David at his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars A High-Def Beauty, 9 Aug 2010
If you're looking for a blu-ray disk to showcase your new 1080p flat screen TV this is most definitely it. Beautiful natural scenes covering a large array of life on our blue planet perfectly narrated by the ever green David Attenborough. Simply brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like looking at a living photograph.., 15 July 2010
B. T. Aris (UK) - See all my reviews
You reach out and want to stroke the animals and that's how I feel watching this on Blu-ray. It's hard to explain if you don't have Blu-ray but it's like nature come to life in a box in your living room it's all so real.

You need to see Life on Blu-ray rather then DVD and you'll see what all the fuss is about (",)

Planet Earth & Life Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Planet Earth & Life Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by David Attenborough (Blu-ray - 2009)