Format: DVD|Change

This is not a full review as I bought this as a present, but please be aware that this box-set also contains the series 3 special Benidorm - The Special 2009 [DVD] that is advertised as the frequently bought together companion to this complete box-set.
I was going to buy both but luckily I settled for this box-set alone, it turned out to be an even better bargain than what I was expecting.
0Comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Benidorm is like Marmite. You will either love it or hate it. I happen to love it. Every episode of this compilation makes me laugh, the characters are funny and their interactions with each other hilarious. If you have seen it before on TV, then this DVD is worth the money and a place in your collection. If you have not seen it before, try getting a glimpse of the series to see if it is your taste before making a purchase.

This set includes series 1, 2 & 3 and also the special edition.
I love Benidorm, it is a brilliantly written series with some excellent actors. Whilst some people complained that it got abit silly towards the end, I and many other people enjoyed every second of it.

However, I am worried that as the complete collection has been released it may mean that they will not be making any more which is a real shame as it has been one of the highlights on TV for the past few years.

This set really does include everything, including the one off special in between series 2 and 3. I am disappointed with the presentation of the box set. The publishers have literally put the 4 individually released DVD's which are in their own cases just like you would buy from a shop into a Benidorm branded cardboard box which has a tucked in flap which is hard to open! Benidorm is such a masterpiece that more effort should have been put into this release and perhaps include a little information booklet which other boxsets sometimes come with.

I would still buy this again as it is a good price and the content is just superb!

I hope the guys return in the future for another series!

5 Stars!
on 22 September 2010
This programme is total fun. Crude and liable to offend in places it exaggerates everything that can go wrong on a package holiday and people's character flaws that you'd like to escape but somehow can't. The bar-man is also the repair man, the flamenco dancer and the matador. The receptionist does everything else. The free trip to see a bull-fight includes an hour-long demonstration that unless someone buys an overpriced item no-one will actually get to see. The mystery meat burgers are lunch every day. Brilliantly written with an even better cast definitely worth getting and watching over and over again. Note the special is included, not just series 1-3.
VINE VOICEon 10 October 2010
Already ranking high amongst my favourite television comedy series, as with all good television comedies, it is the strong characters and some excellent acting that make it so funny. I am of an age where I remember cheap package holidays to places like Benidorm in the 1960's, all of which had real people just like many of the ones in this very well written and acted series. I know that comedy is a very personal thing but in my view, this is television comedy at its best and even on repeat viewings it still makes me laugh.
on 2 August 2010
Absolutely love this series and after borrowing it from a friend and having the whole family roaring with laughter just had to buy it! It has all the characters and the special features madge and mels wedding. (plus special guests including the late Wendy Richards and Sherridan Smith star) Fantastic price from Amazon a real bargain had to buy it twice, as my son wanted it too. Buy with confidence, you will not be disappointed :)
I wasn't overly excited when I first saw the first couple of episodes on TV, but I saw some repeats and it really got me that time. This box set is great value, as you get 3 series of what must be the best British comedy I can remember over the last 30-odd years. As long as you're not a prude, it has more laugh-out-loud moments in every single episode than I can ever remember, probably even more than Frasier at its peak. Series 3 is even better with each show being 40 minutes, which allows for more character and scene development.

The characters are simply wonderful, with my overall favourites being the shameless, unabashed swingers, Gavin the Gay and The Oracle's Mum/PA. Also, Madge is so disgusting, ghastly and vile that you can't help kind of liking her.

Having just finished all 4 parts over the last few days, I would say that it just doesn't flag at all. There are so many good bits that it's hard to single out any, but the bullfighting dog had us rolling around and also most of Gavin's countless one-liners were absolute classics which should be available for reference somewhere. The Oracle's mum is also endearingly dopey, with some great turns of phrase.

If you like a laugh, particularly at some Brits on holiday, this is for you.
on 16 May 2011
as a fan of the show i am delighted to have all these little gems in one place to dip into when i please. excellent.
on 28 January 2012
Great comedy. I watched all the DVD's over a few days and enjoyed it all!

Many laughs and excellent players. Series 2 and 3 contain some episodes with commentary track that I wouldn't miss - very interesting behind the scenes info and anecdotes and well connected to the video track.

Other extras - some very funny outtakes and nice behind the scenes as well.

They apparently had a very good time making it.

Nice to watch Steve Pemberton take a break from playing grotesque characters :-) Excellent performance, along with all the cast with no exception.

I found the age classification (15) border-line, as some of the episodes have very strong sexual references, even though usually implicit. While I found these to be LOL moments,It was at times embarrassing to watch with my 15-year old son..

As the series thankfully continued, this set is somewhat obsolete, since newer sets with series 1-4/1-5 are now available.
on 6 May 2011
If you are a fan of BENIDORM then this is the gift for you! It is compulsive viewing be it first viewing or repeat showings. Once you start you CANNOT stop the machine.
ONE OF THE BEST BOX SETS TO PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE PRE OR POST HOLIDAY. Just high quality acting and superb production values. BUY BUY BUY.....