5.0 out of 5 stars Bright
Published on 4 Mar 2011 by John_T11

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed product
i changed 4 at a time. 2 of them lasted just 2 weeks and the other 2 are still working (more than 2 months). Some old ones of the same brand are still working. considering the price I think if they last for another 6 months it will be all right.
Published 14 months ago by JS

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: Sylvania Halogen 12v Dichroic Reflector MR16 50mm Diameter 50w (60 Deg) 4,000 Hour (Coolbeam) 5 Pack (Kitchen & Home)
I have various downlighters that use 12v Halogen bulbs. The one's in the kitchen get alot of use and I have tried various brands including very cheap ones. The cheap ones such as poundlound are a waste of time - sometimes they have blown as soon as you switch them on, but normally only last 3-6 months and it seems I was always replacing them. So I started to monitor the brands and how long they last and how much they cost. Yes its a sad life I lead. I found the Philips lasted about 2 years at about 3 each from places like Sainsburys and B&Q. So decided to look for a better deal on-line. I found the Philips (2,000 hours), but then saw these Sylvania 4,000 hour bulbs for about the same price - so a no-brainer. The proof of the pudding will be whether they last 4 years...
What I can say now is that these bulbs are noticeably brighter than the other bulbs in the same room so that's a bonus and hopefully an indication of build quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, 17 April 2012
The bulbs arrived on time and as stated. Good light spread and bright. Does what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 20 Sep 2011
they fit and they work. been plugged in for 6 weeks without trouble so i expect they will last.well packed.

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 10 don't work, 26 Mar 2014
As my title says it... 4 out of 10 light don't work. we placed a bulk order for our offices and were not happy to see that so many bulbs don't work. There is no option to contact the seller either Will not reorder again

4.0 out of 5 stars work well, 31 Aug 2013
Bought these twice now and they all work and the light is good. They seem to last pretty well too

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bulbs with a good price, 25 Jun 2013
crashhot (UK, South Coast) - See all my reviews
not much else to say, they do exactly what they need to do and the price is pretty reasonable for the amount you get.

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars MR 16 12v replacement., 17 Mar 2013
Btcs (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
Just what I needed, working well. Does the required job excellently. Will continue to use these as required. Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide Angle, 17 Mar 2013
A. Lord "Gadget man" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
I buy these as it is unusual to get such a wide angle beam that spreads the light over a greater area

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed product, 22 Feb 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 7 Jan 2013
Nigel Cooper (UK) - See all my reviews
Replaced my existing bulbs for a fraction of the price I would have paid on the high street. I would have given five stars but recently I have started to replace my halogen lights with LED lights. Wish I had done that with these instead.

ARRAY(0xaa6afd44)