5.0 out of 5 stars Bright
Published on 4 Mar. 2011 by John_T11

2.0 out of 5 stars peculiar colour
Published on 14 Dec. 2012 by D. Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, 4 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Sylvania Halogen 12v Dichroic Reflector MR16 50mm Diameter 50w (60 Deg) 4,000 Hour (Coolbeam) 5 Pack (Kitchen & Home)
I have various downlighters that use 12v Halogen bulbs. The one's in the kitchen get alot of use and I have tried various brands including very cheap ones. The cheap ones such as poundlound are a waste of time - sometimes they have blown as soon as you switch them on, but normally only last 3-6 months and it seems I was always replacing them. So I started to monitor the brands and how long they last and how much they cost. Yes its a sad life I lead. I found the Philips lasted about 2 years at about £3 each from places like Sainsburys and B&Q. So decided to look for a better deal on-line. I found the Philips (2,000 hours), but then saw these Sylvania 4,000 hour bulbs for about the same price - so a no-brainer. The proof of the pudding will be whether they last 4 years...
What I can say now is that these bulbs are noticeably brighter than the other bulbs in the same room so that's a bonus and hopefully an indication of build quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars peculiar colour, 14 Dec. 2012
D. Atkinson "Roamerdan" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought these to replace the ones that eventually blow in my kitchen. The first was fitted two weeks ago and it's a most peculiar colour. Totally different to the others (which are a plain bright white). These bulbs give off a pinky/orangey glow and don't seem as bright as the originals. The colour would probably be OK in a lounge with all the bulbs being the same but it stands out like a sore thumb when viewed with other white bulbs in my kitchen. Will probably have to come up with some other arrangement when the management turns her attention to it... Would be helpful if the colour was mentioned in the blurb...

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, 17 April 2012
The bulbs arrived on time and as stated. Good light spread and bright. Does what it says on the tin.

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 out of 10 don't work, 26 Mar. 2014
As my title says it... 4 out of 10 light don't work. we placed a bulk order for our offices and were not happy to see that so many bulbs don't work. There is no option to contact the seller either Will not reorder again

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 20 Sept. 2011
they fit and they work. been plugged in for 6 weeks without trouble so i expect they will last.well packed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as described, 18 Sept. 2014
H. Brooks "sniffs" (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
I have not tried these lamps yet, so cannot comment on their performance. However, they are only rated for 2500 hours and not 4000 hours, as listed. Also they are Warm White, which was not mentioned in the description, so will probably not match the existing lamps. At least they are 60 deg, which are difficult to find so they will have to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been searching for the best, 9 Dec. 2012
d was not sure about this---Had bought other makes and been disappointed---Sylvania initially would light then go off after a couple of minutes?However after a week or two it decided ti behave and has been working well since:Fingers crossed.The transaction and seller were fine--no complaint.Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed product, 22 Feb. 2013
i changed 4 at a time. 2 of them lasted just 2 weeks and the other 2 are still working (more than 2 months). Some old ones of the same brand are still working. considering the price I think if they last for another 6 months it will be all right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 7 Jan. 2013
Nigel Cooper (UK) - See all my reviews
Replaced my existing bulbs for a fraction of the price I would have paid on the high street. I would have given five stars but recently I have started to replace my halogen lights with LED lights. Wish I had done that with these instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide angle, superb light, 10 Oct. 2012
A keen reader "A reader" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These bulbs give wide angle, clear light. We use them in the hallway and on the landing. Some bulbs give a narrow beam, but these are just perfect. Good value, too.