5.0 out of 5 stars NIce bulb
Bought to use in my Anglepoise type 1228 lamp. Nice light and max brightness in 2secs, as says on box. Pretty much the same as bulb lamp came but with with the slight second delay. Highly recommend!
Bought from Amazon and unlike other reviewer didn't see this cheaper elsewhere.
Published on 6 Feb. 2012 by D. Greenlees

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok once its warmed up
Bought this as a replacement for my angle poise stock bulb which lasted all of 7 months! I hope this will do better.

Looking at the packaging the bulb came in it details:

Initial light in less than 2 seconds (I suppose this is what passes for "fast start")
Published on 18 Mar. 2013 by OldCynic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok once its warmed up, 18 Mar. 2013
OldCynic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Looking at the packaging the bulb came in it details:

60% of max light power after 60 seconds (I suppose this is what passes for "fast start")
10,000 operations of switch on / off

Bulb weighs 50 grams so it doesn't unbalance the anglepoise spring system

Roll on the day when LED bulbs are good enough to emit a decent amount of light.

5.0 out of 5 stars NIce bulb, 6 Feb. 2012
D. Greenlees - See all my reviews
Bought from Amazon and unlike other reviewer didn't see this cheaper elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Bulb for Anglepoise Type 75 Floor Lamp, 7 Sept. 2013
The original bulb that came with the Anglepose lasted just under two years, which is a bit disappointing. I've bought one of these as a replacement and was pleased to find that it not only fits but works. The world of Edison screw bulbs is not one I've visited before.

This bulb takes a second or two to come on but then goes up to full brightness, unlike the original bulb from Anglepose which would take around a minute to get there. It appears to be a slightly brighter than the original, although it may be that the original had dimmed over time and that I hadn't noticed its decline.

The bulb seems to emit a buzzing sound at times, possibly amplified by the Anglepoise shade, not too distracting and not noticeable if there is music or TV on but might upset users who are reading quietly.

The real verdict on this bulb will only come when its longevity has been put to the test. See you (I hope) in ten years time.

4.0 out of 5 stars A compact, fast starting. warm white CFL bulb., 29 Jan. 2013
JB (Chudleigh, Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sylvania Energy Saving Spiral Fast Start 6,000 Hour 12w (60w Equivalent) ES / E27 / Edison Screw Cap Warmwhite (Kitchen & Home)
Bought for table lamps with a relatively shallow lampshades.

Short (in length) ES bulbs are not available in my local hardware shop, and I
wanted a bulb that wasn't going to stick out of the top of the lampshade.

Looking on Amazon, I was quite surprised to find quite a few ES CFL bulbs that
looked okay but did not give details of the length of the bulb in the specification
(if indeed a specification was presented).

This Sylvania bulb has a very detailed spec' and I was able to buy knowing that the
bulb was the correct length.

Anyway, the item is as described (88mmm long!), fast start, good colour temperature
and to top it all arrived quickly and well packaged; very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact in size and useful, 19 Mar. 2015
Stuart (Close to The Malverns) - See all my reviews
I'm going to be a bit picky with the information given in the product description - the headline description says 75watt equivalent but the product details say 67watt. Can we tell the difference in domestic use? The bulbs start probably quicker than the 1 second indicated but they then have a brief warm up period before reaching full brightness, and the full brightness is satisfactory for my situation - being used in the hall and landing lights, in translucent glass light fittings. Good value: I bought 2 so made a saving, and free delivery too (as I bought with a light fitting). The retail pack of each bulb is wrapped in bubble wrap and then the 2 bulbs were packed in a cardboard box for shipping, so they got delivered safely.
There is no doubt that these bulbs are much much better than the early attempts at low energy bulbs and with the high price of electricity forced on us by having to pay for useless windmills that despoil the countryside and coastline I am pleased that the lighting manufacturers continue to make progress in cutting electricity consumption for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sylvania Energy Saving Spiral Fast Start 6,000 Hour 12w (60w Equivalent) ES / E27 / Edison Screw Cap Warmwhite, 5 Mar. 2013
Small bulb and fits easily into existing outdoor security light. Gives good strong output that doesn't flicker. It does take a couple of seconds for it to come on though for some reason. Not a porblem outside, but using it indoors might be a nuisance.

Update: Reduced star rating as I have had two bulbs out of ten stop working with less than 2 months usage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quick to brighten, 17 May 2013
Previously had Philips Tornado but found them slow to brighten. With the Sylvania there is a split/fraction of a second delay in them coming on but once they do the brightness is excellent. Hopefully they have a long life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy saving light bulb, 27 Dec. 2012
It's a good quality light buld that lights up very quickly, unlike some others I have. It's small and fits my ceiling light very well. At a good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars small and light, 23 Feb. 2013
Dominic (Polegate, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Small bulb but bright output. Works well and starts quickly. Value for money which also saves on the energy bill.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Better, No Worse Than Other Brands., 26 July 2014
I use these bulbs for table lamps and wall lights. They give a good light and last a reasonable time. Can't compare these with other makes so I rate them as 'no better, no worse'. Amazon was a convenient way of buying them when I ran out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›