5.0 out of 5 stars a product that does its job and more besides

2.0 out of 5 stars Baby not interested in it
Published 19 months ago by xyz

2.0 out of 5 stars Baby not interested in it, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
I bought this on the strength of all the good reviews and was very disappointed. My 5 month old baby's not interested at all, we've had it a month. The squeaker is much too difficult for him to press himself, the corners are hard and hit him in the face if he waves the blanket. Only one corner crinkles. Worst of all the blanket isn't textured, only the plastic corners are for teething. I thought that the blanket would be rough to help his gums - he loves to chew muslins and flannels for this reason. But the blanket is quite smooth.

It says on it that it can't be washed in the machine.

What my baby does really like is the set of teething rings held together by a black and white ring (also on Amazon), which can be a rattle or attach toys to buggy. Or, as I said, nothing beats a muslin!

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost its appeal quickly, 6 Feb. 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
This wasn't a bad little fun teether, but my little one grew bored of it quite quickly. He had the frog, which was a fun looking thing, with plenty of colours and chewable textured corners. It was well stitched and pulling firmly on it doesn't show any likelihood to rip apart. In all I was happy that it was completely child safe.

I find with my little one that he likes the crinkly textures and noises, so I was pleased that the one corner had such a texture. What was disappointing is that it became a dull washed out noise after a few weeks. Other toys with similar crisp packet texture have retained their fresh crispy appeal. The other corners were just fabric with a slight different feel that he had no interest in from the start.

In respect of the teething corners, he had no inclination to chew on them and preferred trying to put a large plastic farmyard radio in his mouth.

It is difficult to judge these things as another child could have great fun with it and find it relieving to chew on. I can only give this 3 stars as our baby was plain uninterested with it, otherwise I would have given it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars a product that does its job and more besides, 24 Jun. 2013
theTramp "thetramp" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
My daughter is 3 months and teething. We decided to try 3 different products, a dummy, sophie the giraffe and this blanket. The blanket was the clear winner. The bright colours and smiling character face at its centre attract her attention. The different sounds and textures amuse& stimulate her and the plastic corners will fit in her mouth and clearly do the trick because she enjoys gnawing them. Because its a blanket she is also able to hold it and play with it herself. I suspect Sophie may be a hit when she's older, but right now she is too big. So 5 stars for us - a product that does its job and more besides.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous product, 14 Jan. 2014
Gogol (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
I posted this review earlier today not long after it arrived and my son began to play with it. I thought it was a lovely product and my son was happily playing away, bright colours, crinkly paper and squeaky toy.

Just half an hour ago with my son playing with it I picked it up to check and found a large piece of cotton from the corner had frayed and was sticking out from it. 3rd stitch down from the teether! To say I am angry would be an understatement that such an obviously shoddy product is on sale fit for babies. I can also see the cotton around the teether itself doesn't look like it would last 5 minutes.

I have already reported it to amazon, I suggest they do something and urgently. This product doesn't even deserve 1 star.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for teething baby, 7 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
My daughter loves to chew on the corners of this blankie. it has different textures like other nuby products i have.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, my baby doesn't!, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
I had to give this product 3 stars because in spite of my liking for this product, my baby hates it! In fact I think he would give it 1 star and I would give it 4. He has just started sucking/chewing on everything. He hasn't taken to any teething rings, and constantly chews on his clothes, so I thought I would try a blanket type item. But he pulled a face as soon as he put the plastic part in his mouth, as if it were disgusting, and after my attempts, just isn't interested in it. I liked the colours and textures, although the stitching isn't great in places ( hence me wanting to give 4 stars). I must just have a baby who prefers chewing on clothing! Fusspot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
The item is really good and a lovely colours. The only downside is that you cant choose and you will have to take the one they sent you. I was hoping for frog but ended up with bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
I bought this for my 4 month old son and he loves it :) he finds it easy to hold and loves the colours :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Teething Blankie, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
Bought this as my daughter likes to snuggle up with blankies and thought it would help her teething. However she is not interested in chewing this in the slightest. She likes the colours and likes to crinkle it up but that is about it. Also it can't be sterilised so I had to use tommee tippee wipes on it to kill the germs. (my daughter is too young to be chewing things that can't be cleaned).

5.0 out of 5 stars she loves it, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary) (Baby Product)
Just the right size for a teething rug,I bought this for my granddaughter,she,loves this rug the colours are bright the rings are in the perfectly position place just the right size for a baby's tiny hands.
Just the perfectly item for a baby who is teething.There is no negatives everything is positive about this product and I would recommend this for every baby who is teething.

Nuby Teething Blankie (Styles May Vary)