5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Retro Style!
These are back in fashion and I have been pricing them in the high street stores. I found one on Amazon at a fantastic price. Ordered one in purple, and when it arrived I was really pleased at the quality it is even better than expected. Chunky, weighty, easy to use and looks fabulous and matches my colour scheme perfectly. Only problem is I will need to get a few in...
Published on 2 Jun 2010 by LindieLou

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap materials
I returned this product as I was very disappointed with the quality. The bit the receiver sits on to end the call was flimsy and I could imagine the phone falling off also the 999 is a big button in the middle! Great colour and funky design but not practical.
Published on 20 July 2012 by C. Puckett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 24 Feb 2012
This phone is great.
Great colour, very retro look and sound of ringing tone which is exactly what I wanted.
Wires are good length so no complaints there.
Does what it says on the tin - simple retro phone.
Looks and plays the part and for just over 25 great value especially when I have seen this in certain stores for 40.
Well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Purple Phone!!!!!, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple (Electronics)
I have had this awful BT cordless thing for about ten years, and when I eventually decided I would replace it with something nice I immediately thought PURPLE! Thanks to Amazon I found this and fell in love with it. I ordered one straight away but was told it was no longer available. I ordered it again and it arrived shortly afterwards so I don't know what that was about!!
I plugged it in, and of course nobody phoned all day! I rang it myself with my mobile to see what it sounded like! I like the ringing, and I love the way it looks, and the colour is fab, and it's clearer, louder and easier to use.
The only thing is I can't see who is phoning but I don't really care, I'd rather have a funky purple phone.
Lovely long cable (also purple).
Very happy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars They really do block out external noise, 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple (Electronics)
Great price, great at blocking out noise, perfect for casual usage which is why I bought them. Would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Genetically Modified Nostalgia, 6 Jan 2013
C. P. Lewis "Christian Lewis" (Croydon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple (Electronics)
This is a fairly faithful replica of a 1970's era Trimphone. The rotary dial has been replaced with push buttons, adding room for '*' and '#' keys. This is handy when calling numbers where you have to make a selection from a list of options, as you can't do that on a rotary telephone, and often have to hold the line to be put through to an actual human in order to proceed.

The big drawback with this telephone is the stupid 999 speed dial button in the centre of the dial. Seemingly, someone in China saw a photo of a genuine Trimphone and assumed that the innocuous disc in the middle of the dial that displayed emergency information (and your own number underneath) was actually a functioning button! They also added a redial function to the bottom half of the dial centre, potentially leading free-range toddlers/the poorly-sighted/the chunky-fingered into an infinite loop of hoax 999 calls and possible court appearances that follow.

Those who aren't screwdriver-averse can circumvent this by opening up the body, undoing 3 more screws on the reverse of the dial and cutting off the pad beneath this centre button which corresponds to the 999 circuit. You don't need to have any electrical knowledge to do this, just a modicum of common sense, and you can also chuckle at the lump of lead screwed to the base of the telephone to give it some weight.

All in all, it's a fun conversation piece that won't fool telephone geeks but, arguably, is more useful than the real thing, which costs 4 times as much and wasn't available in so many lurid colours as these ones are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little phone, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple (Electronics)
Great little phone.Had a few problems with setup but customer service at Wild & Wolf were brilliant. Glad I got it

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't phone out!, 16 Feb 2012
J. B. Egan "ridgeway" (somerset, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple (Electronics)
Got this handset to replace what we thought was a defective set.Had to call out BT engineer to sort phone and broadband connection. When this done he tested both handsets. The old one worked but this new one didn't make outgoing calls.Waste of money.Requested return and refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really terrible phone, 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple (Electronics)
The phone looks good and that is really the only good thing about it, I have had to buy a new phone as the reception on this one was terrible (no problems with new phone) if you wantna nice ornament but dont need a phone then this is the one for you, if you want a phone you can talk to people on buy another phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple (Electronics)
I love this phone - it's so cute!! I'd like one in every colour, which is a bit sad. No problems with connections and a good, clear line. Only downside is I suppose I'll have to get an separate answering machine now, but then again....

Wild & Wolf Trim Phone - Purple