on 1 August 2010
I thought this looked brilliant, ideal alternative to an iphone. Son not too impressed as pen became detached and reception not great, neither were photos. Should have got the real thing!
on 14 August 2010
I love this fone's features.
Plusses are:
Quad band means you can take it abroad - it also has aircraft safe mode, so you can still do stuff on a plane.
I work on sites with analogue closed circuit tv systems, so the tv tuner is brilliant - really sensitive. However, there are only a few places in the UK you can watch broadcast TV now.
Having 2 sims active all the time is handy too. It means that I can usually get a signal on one or other sim wherever I am.
Downsides are the lack of 3G (there is no 3G in China apparently!). So it won't work on the Three network.
For all you skype users out there, you can download Nimbuzz for free, and use it to skype on a suitable wifi connection, or on GPRS if your call plan allows.
The touch sensitive screen isn't very - especially at the edges. To overcome this, I am using a Nintendo DS stylus which I keep in my 'sock' (bought from Tesco's) with the phone.
The handwriting recognition is a bit rubbish, and the on-screen keyboard is fairly small and annoying. Texting is a bit of a pain to be honest.
In daylight the screen appears to be very dim, but not much worse than an iPhone.
I would recommend getting a scratch protector straight away, otherwise you will end up with a scratched screen very quickly.
Oh yes, I haven't figured out how to get album art for my music yet!
Apart from those gripes, I'm really happy.
I'm just about to make a headphone adapter cable, so I can play tunes in the car - wish me luck.
on 30 May 2012
Instructions minute Poor English Poor instructions Batteries show wrong replacement details ! OS Symbian and Java but most software unsuitable/does not function. Many gadgets but gimmicky junk ,TV is analogue so wont work ,Digital software impossible to find. Manufacturer is probably FLY or FLY YING .This is a piece of garbage DONT TOUCH IT You can get far better Blackberry for less.