5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun
Published on 24 Aug 2010 by Em13

2.0 out of 5 stars built for small people!!!
this is a great trike but the manufacturers clearly dont pay attention to the market. Everyone i have read that reviewed this product has said the same thing; its too small and kids grow out of it too soon. if they made a larger one then this would be one of the best toys/bikes. if your child is unusually small for their age then buy it if they arent then dont waste your...
Published on 9 April 2011 by paulie

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, 24 Aug 2010
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
I recently brought two Mookie Scuttlebugs for my twins who are now 18 months, one Red/Black Ladybird and the other a Yellow/Black Bumblebee. The scuttlebugs are sturdy and well made and the perfect item to just pack in the car when away visiting friends/family as they collapse right down...ours even took a trip to France and worked wonders on the tiled floors. What can I say my twins love them (especially my son) who tears around at speed. They even work on the grass but best on smooth surfaces either in or out. The only thing I would say about them is that they will have a limited lifespan as your youngster grows. My boy is currently 84cm and comfortably uses the scooter and could do prob for another 6 months but after that I am not sure. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Childminder, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
I brought a blue one of these for my own son for his 2nd Birthday- he loves it (i did wonder if he would be too big but no way!), its great to fold and pop under the buggy and get out when its a suitable area to play. I am a childminder, so decided to buy another one, now I take 2 in the bottom of the buggy when we go to the park, and my son & his childminding friend race about together on the scuttlebugs....

I have also taken the scuttle bug on holiday abroad, which has been great on the eveings as we like to wonder up and down the promanade of shops & restaurants, my son just rides along beside us, and when he is tired we just fold it up and pop it under the buggy! result!!!

My son is now nearly 3, and the scuttlebug is still used as much as when we first brought it. its very strong and even 2 older children I look after (ages 5&6) race about on them- ok they look abit big on them, but it shows they are strong and will have lots of play value!

I would definatly recommend the scuttlebugs, They store so well as they fold so neatly in the cuboard so great for childminders, play groups, mums & tots etc...

if you see them in the sale you'll get a bargin, but even at full price they are worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars another ride on, only better!, 10 Mar 2010
N. Purnyn (Lithuania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
It's coming up to summer, i'm expecting another baby in a month, and i really wanted to get my little guy (17 months)a trike, so that he could ride along while i push the baby in the buggy. After reading many reviews about the trikes with the parent handle i've come to realize that he won't be able to pedal well until he's 2 and can reach the pedals. I wanted something he could use on his own. This is perfect! We already have a ride-on, a jeep, however - as with most other ride-ons, they're 4 wheeled and quite wide...plus impossible to take outside it's so bulky. With this ride-on, when he gets on, he has a lot more control of pushing off from the floor because the seat is shaped comfortably narrow, which makes it easier for him, and as a result he seems to enjoy it a lot more. From day one he's made his preferences clear. He's on it daily.

This trike is extremely well made - hiqh quality, easy to fold and take apart (for me, impossible for the little one as it takes a bit more strenght). Nothing comes loose/can't get fingers stuck in anything.

I was a bit worried after a few reviews stated the legs aren't extendable and that it can get a bit small quickly - and, indeed, for the first days, even my little guy (small for age) would "jump" on it while pushing off. He quickly got used to it though, and is now scooting around smoothly and quietly.

As a conclusion - even though I purchased it to use outdoors, the fact that it's 2-in-1 (indoor and outdoor) and compact sold it to me. I don't regret it, even if it doesn't work outside (which i have yet to test as it's freezing still) this would have been worthwhile as my little one loves it indoors, it doesn't take up space, and if not this - nothing else would work outdoors either as a big ride on is no different, even worse, he's too small to reach the pedals on a real trike, and i'm not prepared to push him as well as the buggy ...so it's either walk or this! so definitely worth the money as far as i'm concerned! If i could i would have bought this even earlier and not have purchased the other ride-on. Fantastic little trike!

UPDATE:

we've been outside with this trike - fantastic! When he's walking - he goes forwards and backwards and sideways and into puddles... With the trike - he loves going forwards which helps me get to where we need to be! It has taken him so little time to learn to steer it's amazing! We take this trike everywhere we go - to our friends' house, to the city, to the park... My little guy follows me, or more often rides ahead of me pushing the buggy i love that he loves it - keeps him occupied :)

downside: the wheels got all beaten up from going on asphalt and it's not as quiet indoors as it was initially.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 22 Dec 2009
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
Wd dont have a large house & wanted some type of scooter. This was perfect as it folds down and will hide away.
my daughter loves it & has had many a good time rolling into the doors & furniture

4.0 out of 5 stars small and sturdy, 4 Oct 2010
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
good quality, sturdy. easy to set up but too low to the ground. too small even for my 22 months daughter i feel. wouldnt recommend for child above 2 yrs. also not that easy to operate on carpet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
This is fantastic product. I have bought two for my twin boys when they were 1,5 years old and they love them. First month they did not ride much on them, but now they are 2 years old and ride all day long. They also developed a very good technique for turning. It is fun to watch them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 21 Oct 2010
H. Jones "J, T & C's Mum" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
Bought for my son's 2nd birthday, he loves it!! Suitable for both indoor and outdoor play but havn't tested it outside yet like to keep it clean to play indoors but sure it woulod be great. Very easy to fold and carry around, folds quite small.

5.0 out of 5 stars bumble bee, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
This was a present for my daughter's first birthday, chosen based on other reviews. Although she's always been tall for her age it's only now at 19 months that she's starting to ride it. She liked the trike's friendly face from the start but found riding it hard and frustrating until now.

The trike itself is well designed and made, is sturdy, very manouverable, lightweight and folds fairly easily. I definitely recommend it. Even if the child isn't keen at first they may grow to love it later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy little boy, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
Amazing my 18 month old masterd it in seconds and it fits under the pushchair with ease.He race around hour floors and garden and the friends kids love it too great Price

4.0 out of 5 stars bubel, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Mookie Scuttlebug Bumble Bee Trike (Yellow/Black) (Toy)
Generally toy is very sturdy and well designed but for children from 12 to 18 months and not as is suggested by producer 1-3 years

ARRAY(0xa3190528)