5.0 out of 5 stars ear phones
Published on 4 Jan. 2011 by sunflower

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound
Published 21 months ago by Racer X

5.0 out of 5 stars ear phones, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Philips SHE6000/10 In - Ear Virtual Surround Sound Headphones (Electronics)
Always had Philips headphones - they're the only one that have surround sound - its fab!! And they actually stay put in my ears too which many dont. The one thing I always suggest is to avoid wrapping the flex around your ipod - my other ear phones got damaged at the point where it goes into the socket. I think the wires inside come undone with wrapping it all the time. The sound though is amazing for something so small. Will keep buyiing these no matter what. They look designer too which is very important but without the ridiculous costs involved. Brilliant!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable mid range headphones with decent sound, 25 April 2011
I wouldn't normally consider Philips headphones over offerings from Sony or Sennheiser, but I was impressed with the initial reviews of this product (originally 5) and by the asking price. Having now used these headphones for roughly a month I'm really pleased with them and I think Philips have come up with a quality product. I was a little concerned about getting 4 ear pieces to choose from, but the faff has been minimal and I literally opted for the second smallest option from the outset without any issues. The ear pieces aren't rocket science, they just appear to be soft silicone tubes, but I've got plenty of use out of them with no discomfort. I will mention that the ear pieces are prone to falling out for anything other than sitting around enjoying music or walking around the house, so perhaps not ideal for running.

The sound quality is also very good considering what you pay and you don't have to crank them up to really appreciate your music. The bass and treble is impressively responsive, I guess this is down to the 'reflected-speaker' technology, just don't cover the earpieces as it dulls the sound. The mid-tones are ok, but lack the same responsiveness and I wouldn't go as far as to describe the sound as 'Virtual Surround', I think this is just sales speak for 'good sound quality'. However, for under £20 (or £15) I've been really please with these headphones and they make an excellent replacement to a basic or budget set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, 5 Nov. 2013
I usually don't write reviews but thought I would this time around. Its the firdt time I'm using Philips headsets and I must say these offer very very good SOUND QUALITY. The packaging is excellent and I love the little carry case, very sleek. I only fault Philips on two counts hence the 3 stars: first: the bass is ok, though I feel it could have been a liiiitle more pronounced. 2nd, the cable does feel very cheap and fragile, I recommend you handle these with EXTRA care. But hey the sound quality is fantastic!! The surround makes common songs sound different and yes! Ul hear instruments u never heard in your most common songs, try it, I have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Surround Sound Headphones, 14 Jan. 2011
I have these about a month now and use them in work with my pc. I had been using the standard earbud type headphones, which were hurting and irritating my ears. These are a great improvement for me, in fit, comfort and quality of sound. They are supplied with four different sized caps, so I tried each one until I found the best fit for me.

The surround sound is also good, in that it seems to be cutting out background noises much better. The sound of dogs barking, engines running etc. from outside is now reduced considerably, without having to resort to turning up the volume too much. I can still hear people in the office if they need to get my attention!

I am no audiophile, but i definitely notice a huge improvement in the sound quality using these headphones! I listen to lots of different types of music including classical, hip-hop, rock, r&b, and they all sound good to me!

These headphones are suppied with a lovely little zip up pouch, which has a little pocket that would safely hold some memory cards as well as your headphones. The pouch will fit snugly in the palm of your hand.

I bought these in a well-known retail store and paid 33EUR - so I definitely think these are well worth the price Amazon are selling them for and would recommend them if you are looking for a good fit and acceptable sound, but are on a budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound and good value, 9 Jun. 2015
Although these come with a range of sizes for the in-ear buds I didn't find a really good fit. Despite them being a bit uncomfortable after an hour or so usage they have a decent sound and can't really complain for the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Best earphones I've had, 17 May 2013
I am not the most careful man when it comes to earphones. Mine tend to end up breaking every three months or so and require replacing. The surprisingly short production life of most earphones meant that I would usually get a different model every time I needed to buy new ones.

These earphones broke that trend. As long as they remain in production I will never buy another model of earphone.

Unlike most 'phones, which require a period of getting used to, I liked these ones straight out of the box, with their warm bass, surprisingly punchy mids, and clear but not tinny trebles, to say nothing of the rather stylish design. They come with various sizes of rubber tube, as do most, and as usual getting the right sized one is essential. I'd estimate that a large number of people who didn't like these couldn't find tubes that fit properly. I know I have had to requisition adapters from old pairs of earphones before.

If I thought I liked them when I first started using them, I grew to love them with use. The sound quality improved noticeably over time, softening the slightly harsh highs and deepening out that extensive midrange, so rare to find in earphones.

I can't comment on the 'virtual surround' or 'reflected speaker' - so many earphones have such phrases on and I have never noticed any major differences - but they do sound nice, and being in-ear, are reasonably good at noise-cancelling.

The durability is also outstanding: I've had my current pair for over a year now, the longest any pair of 'phones has ever lasted me, and though the casing has split apart where the wire joins the jack they are still reproducing musically as perfectly as ever.

I read that some people have found them uncomfortable, and have heard this from some friends too, but these people appear to be all people that find this kind of 'phone that goes deep into the ear always uncomfortable. So if you generally like this deep-ear style, I can't recommend these enough.

Finally, I should note that I use them mostly for drum and bass, electro, house, and other dance music, although I enjoy them just as much with rock and metal. They are not so great for classical music, and I cannot comment on other genres.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for very decent earphones, 4 Jan. 2012
I bought these because I've been through so many more expensive earphones and wanted ones that weren't too expensive to be able to replace regularly if needed. However, I'm pretty happy with them for the long-term!

I actually got them for £11.99 from Comet/PC World and wasn't expecting much from them but I was proved wrong with lovely, clear sound that seem suitable for any kind of music. I found that the EQ on my iPod affects the sound a lot (more than with other earphones I've had) so you should be able to find your ideal sound with ease. There isn't overwhelming bass or highs etc - it's just a great, crisp all-rounder.

The earphones come with three different sizes of buds, all of which are comfortable and effective at preventing the 'phones from falling out. I was also very impressed with the noise cancellation they provide. For earphones of this price, the whole performance was surprisingly good.

The aesthetics of the product also increase its appeal. They certainly look far more expensive than they are and the 'reflected speaker' design surrounded by the line of orange looks really smart. On top of this, the lead is thick and strong, and the whole product is clearly very sturdy and perfect for chucking into a bag with no worries whatsoever.

I'm staggered at what good value these beauties are. The sound obviously isn't going to be up there with the £50+ earphones but I can't really fault it, regardless of its price. It's the perfect earphones for casual listeners - certainly better than the standard iPod ones. Brilliant stuff from Philips.

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep buying them., 4 Jun. 2014
I've owned many pairs of these as the bass sounds amazing through these. The only frustration is losing the buds as that seems to be the main reason I buy a new pair. Only 2 pairs have broken (out of 7 I have owned) the rest lost buds. The broken ones were through shear everyday use for hours and after 2 years (both took over 2 yrs to break) they started to wear at the connections, so even then it was understandable. I lost buds usually after 12-18 months and every time I saved the buds for the next pair.
The quality of the sound is incredible for the price.
I've found these are better than the majority of high end brands. (personally I feel Beats are pretty poor for the price you pay although the style is nice.)
These are the only headphones I have bought for years. I do go round shops and listen to other kinds and whenever I have the chance to try friends ones but these are without a doubt the ones I come back to every time.
Love them.

con:
I can't find replacement buds.
It's so unimportant and frankly so rare that I lose them.
I just felt I should put a con as it sounds like an advert.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones I have ever had, 29 Mar. 2012
J. Fryman "jerryfn" (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I never pay a huge amount for headphones, as they tend to suffer damage or I loose them. Therefore I can't compare with some of the 'so called' audiophile headphones which of course come at a 'price'. Nevertheless these headphones are significantly better than average. In particular the 'surround' effect which is remarkable. Quite freaky sometimes as it is so lifelike. The tonal range is excellent, the definition is superb and there is excellent bass. I particularly like the stereo imaging which reduces that 'voice in the middle of your head' which can be very tiring. Quite comfortable, even in bed. (But then most headphones irritate after a while).
Highly recommended and worth that bit extra. My last pair went through the wash and still worked! but I am sure this cannot be relied on all the time.
Just did a head to head with my nephew's 'Bowers & Wilkins' @ £130, no comparison the Phillips are SO much better with more precise imaging and deeper tighter bass.
I find them comfortable too, the B&W are difficult to fit properly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but a tight fit in narrower ears, 9 April 2011
Flyboy (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought these after my Sony in-ear buds finally gave up after about 7 years. The sound reproduction is good with really nice base and mid tone reproduction. I did think the treble was a little light but that might have just been me. There are 4 different types of rubber bud that allow you to tailor the fit just right. They don't seal the noise out quite as well as the others around but that may well be a consequence of the better sound. The one thin I would caution is that the outside of the headphones is quite large and was too large for my ear and pressed painfully on the hard cartilage piece on the front of my ear. If you have narrow ears then maybe choose something else.

Liked - good sound, nice customised rubber caps

Not so good - large outside hurt my ears, not as good at sealing out the real world as some other types