5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Coats
I have two 10 month old German Short haired pointers and I looked high and low for dog coats suitable for their physique ie barrell chested.
I purchased two of these Luxury Ebony waterproof dog coats as I wanted the design to incorporate a cover for the chest area.
The coats fitted perfectly and both dogs enjoy wearing them.
During the recent freezing/snowy...
Published on 14 Dec 2010 by Kentryn94

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for deeper chested dogs
Published on 9 Jan 2011 by Alena

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Coats, 14 Dec 2010
The coats fitted perfectly and both dogs enjoy wearing them.
During the recent freezing/snowy weather the coats have kept them warm and dry.
I would definitely recommend these coats as they are of high quality and reasonably priced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for deeper chested dogs, 9 Jan 2011
The manufacturer does not provide the chest measurement for each size and my experience is that you either get a too long coat that fits the chest or right lenght and coat too small over the chest that is not usable. If you have a boxer or any other deep chested breed this coat is not for them. Also the picture might suggest the coat covers the whole side of the dog but that is not true. I bought the coat for my older boxer that needs his joints (such as shoulders)kept warm and the coat doesn't cut it from this point of view either.

5.0 out of 5 stars dog coat, 3 Mar 2010
Mrs. C. Heaven (Fairford,Glos) - See all my reviews
My little dog absolutely loves her new coat.When she sees me get it off the peg she goes crazy.It really keeps her warm and dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury Ebony Waterproof Dog Coat, 19 Dec 2010
This product is excellent and covers the dog's chest so is warmer than other coats. It is almost like a duvet on your dog. My dog loves it and willingly puts his head into it when going out into the cold. The collar is a bonus and keeps more of him dry in the rain. Product arrived on time and in good condition. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury dog coat, 31 Jan 2011
This is an excellent dog coat waterproof, warm and very easy to put on your dog. Unlike other coats I have tried this one is secure once put on it does not slide about on your dogs back. Would fully recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little dog jacket, 24 Jan 2011
I bought this coat for my 4 month old westie puppy, it's lightly padded and keeps her warm, it's also waterproof, the straps fasten underneath and round the coat so it stays on her really well, I intend to buy a bigger size as she gets bigger but this one's quite roomy and should see her through to the warmer weather

5.0 out of 5 stars When you need a dog coat, you need a good one, 17 Dec 2010
Over the years, I have always had dogs who (if they could speak) I'm sure would not thank you for putting a coat on them. However in some cases you want to prevent the dog from getting wet or dirty to avoid discomfort if you are not going directly home.
I have tried a number of coats. Tartan fur lined, wax jackets, and more. The problems were always the same. It slipped round in sat unevenly, it shrunk, the bindings didn't last, they frayed after a few outings. Many went back for refund.
You can imagine therefore my reluctance to order such a thing off the internet.
However a number of things caught my eye about this product. Firstly, Danish design (as an Architect I have a lot of respect for Danish design) secondly the head goes through and the under panel then goes from the neck through the front legs and lastly this under panel gives full protection to the underside of the dog's chest/torso. All this creates stability and provides maximum protection.
Furthermore the material seems robust, slightly padded, yet very light and the price is about 2/3 of what I have paid in the past for the "rubbish" sold from pet stores.
It is early days though and if I get bored in a years time I may post an update.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality Dog Coat, 12 Jan 2012
Gaps (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I ordered this dog coat just before Christmas 2011 and it arrived in plenty of time. I was amazed at the quality. My dog is 10 years old and has a bad back and this coat is warm, comfortable and stylish. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars the dog loves it!, 6 Jan 2011
really useful coat that the dog actually likes wearing and it has kept him warm and dry during the recent cold weather. Easy to put on and get off. Would recommend the product although the supplier was a bit slack with the delivery of the coat, altering the date for delivery without telling me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof dog coat, 9 Nov 2011
Another excellent dog coat from Danish Design. Great for keeping your dog warm and dry and also dries a lot quicker than the 2 in 1 version. (Which you need in our wet british weather).
The underneath and belly are also protected from the wet weather. The only negative is the colour, it actually does not look anything like dusty blue but more like charcoal grey. I didn't send it back because overall I was very pleased with the product.

Danish Design Waterproof Dog Coat, 14-inch, Ebony