5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Coats
I have two 10 month old German Short haired pointers and I looked high and low for dog coats suitable for their physique ie barrell chested.
I purchased two of these Luxury Ebony waterproof dog coats as I wanted the design to incorporate a cover for the chest area.
The coats fitted perfectly and both dogs enjoy wearing them.
During the recent freezing/snowy...
Published on 14 Dec. 2010 by Kentryn94

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for deeper chested dogs
Published on 9 Jan. 2011 by Alena

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Coats, 14 Dec. 2010
The coats fitted perfectly and both dogs enjoy wearing them.
During the recent freezing/snowy weather the coats have kept them warm and dry.
I would definitely recommend these coats as they are of high quality and reasonably priced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for deeper chested dogs, 9 Jan. 2011
The manufacturer does not provide the chest measurement for each size and my experience is that you either get a too long coat that fits the chest or right lenght and coat too small over the chest that is not usable. If you have a boxer or any other deep chested breed this coat is not for them. Also the picture might suggest the coat covers the whole side of the dog but that is not true. I bought the coat for my older boxer that needs his joints (such as shoulders)kept warm and the coat doesn't cut it from this point of view either.

5.0 out of 5 stars When you need a dog coat, you need a good one, 17 Dec. 2010
Over the years, I have always had dogs who (if they could speak) I'm sure would not thank you for putting a coat on them. However in some cases you want to prevent the dog from getting wet or dirty to avoid discomfort if you are not going directly home.
I have tried a number of coats. Tartan fur lined, wax jackets, and more. The problems were always the same. It slipped round in sat unevenly, it shrunk, the bindings didn't last, they frayed after a few outings. Many went back for refund.
You can imagine therefore my reluctance to order such a thing off the internet.
However a number of things caught my eye about this product. Firstly, Danish design (as an Architect I have a lot of respect for Danish design) secondly the head goes through and the under panel then goes from the neck through the front legs and lastly this under panel gives full protection to the underside of the dog's chest/torso. All this creates stability and provides maximum protection.
Furthermore the material seems robust, slightly padded, yet very light and the price is about 2/3 of what I have paid in the past for the "rubbish" sold from pet stores.
It is early days though and if I get bored in a years time I may post an update.

5.0 out of 5 stars dog coat, 3 Mar. 2010
Mrs. C. Heaven (Fairford,Glos) - See all my reviews
My little dog absolutely loves her new coat.When she sees me get it off the peg she goes crazy.It really keeps her warm and dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart dog coat, 22 Jun. 2011
Michael Finn (Blackburn, Lancashire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We ordered this coat for our beloved Black Labrador Harry to keep him warm and dry for the last couple of years of his time with us. He looked very smart. It sometimes needed a little tug to keep it straight on his body but it did the job very well. We were very happy with the way it kept his joints dry as his bones were very fragile in his old age.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice little dog jacket, 24 Jan. 2011
I bought this coat for my 4 month old westie puppy, it's lightly padded and keeps her warm, it's also waterproof, the straps fasten underneath and round the coat so it stays on her really well, I intend to buy a bigger size as she gets bigger but this one's quite roomy and should see her through to the warmer weather

1.0 out of 5 stars Reflective beading is very poor quality., 29 Oct. 2010
This coat was a disappointment to me due to the reflective beading around it being of extremely poor quality. It is made of plastic, threaded unevenly into the coat edge, all over. This makes the whole hem rather hard and where the beading sticks out in several places, rough. As the coat extends underneath to provide chest protection, its harsh edge is close to dog's tender parts. Apart from letting down the quality of an otherwise fine coat, I think this would cause discomfort, even chafing.*

Because of this I would not keep this coat and returned it. Shame, as the fabric is good, colour appealing and for me the 18 inch size is spot on for a tall miniature who usually comes between standard sizes.

Another point is that the description does not make it clear that this coat is not wrap-around but must go on over dog's face, snugly - may not suit every one.

* I see that another reviewer reports on the beading issue with this coat, but I missed their review before purchasing because every size and colour variation of this coat has its own separate reviews - rather unfortunate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof dog coat, 9 Nov. 2011
This is an excellent well made coat. I got a 16" which fits my cavalier king charles perfectly. It has reflective beading around the edge and leg loops, although i have not used the leg loops as the coat stays in place and does not move around. The coat also keeps his belly dry and is secured with a thick velcro strap. The check design is great and makes him look really smart along with keeping him warm and dry. Well Done!! Will definately order another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars the dog loves it!, 6 Jan. 2011
really useful coat that the dog actually likes wearing and it has kept him warm and dry during the recent cold weather. Easy to put on and get off. Would recommend the product although the supplier was a bit slack with the delivery of the coat, altering the date for delivery without telling me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality Dog Coat, 12 Jan. 2012
Gaps (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I ordered this dog coat just before Christmas 2011 and it arrived in plenty of time. I was amazed at the quality. My dog is 10 years old and has a bad back and this coat is warm, comfortable and stylish. I love it.

Danish Design Waterproof Dog Coat, 14-inch, Ebony