4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all-rounder - A phone with more applications and accessories than you could ever expect!, 1 May 2010
KWren "KWren" (Wye Valley) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sony Ericsson W595 Black Sim Free Unlocked Mobile Phone (Electronics)
This is my 4th Sony Ericsson phone and they just keep getting better.

Like all Sony phones I've used, it excels in and, as well as being able to make and receive calls, it also offers a mass of other applications and features, some of which are not listed in its specification so purchasers are likely to be very pleasantly surprised, particularly if you're a fan of small electronic gadgets.

Pros
Excellent Sony design as always: neat design, slim and compact
Very clear display
Large, easily-navigated menu icons
Recess to affix a wrist/neck strap
Doubles as an MP3 and MP4 player -
Walkman provides excellent sound quality with 2 speakers
FM radio
Camera (3 megapixel) with adjustable white balance and other settings
Video mode - 2 resolutions
Photo blogging and video blogging
2GB MM2 memory card included
Voice-dialling
Good battery life
Can synchronise with a PC or other mobile phone to backup contacts/data
Huge range of features and applications including:
Photo and video editing, themed slideshows with backing music, step counter, organiser, calendar, 5 alarms, games, world clock
Fast internet access
YouTube compatible

Cons
Very flimsy back cover - it feels as though it' about to break while being fitted
Keypad may be too fiddly for large fingers
Camera is fixed focus - a big backwards step in my opinion
No LED light

I feel Sony Ericsson has put together a superb package with this little phone. My one and only disappointment was to discover the camera has a fixed focus lens so it loses the 5th star I would have otherwise awarded it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Good product

5.0 out of 5 stars great basic phone, 23 Feb 2012
This is the second one of these phones I have had, I looked at other phones and brought a Nokia but sent it back, because it felt flimsy also not keen on the touch screen. Then I checked to see if this one was still available, and it was. Then checked the prices and found that they vary to a huge extent. I had my old one for five years. I use it mainly for texting making calls and to take pics. It is also a good walkman and easy to download music, I have another walkman so don't use the phone for that cos don't want to use up battery life. I did not want an all singing all dancing phone and this is great for that [U can use it for other stuff as well] As to price over £300 on Amazon I paid £47 plus p&p on Ebay unlocked bargain. Check out prices before u buy, I do not thing it is worth £300 plus pounds. If you want an easy to use basic phone then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant phone!, 21 Jun 2010
Bought this as my phone was stolen at work. Tried a Nokia 6303 classic having read which report rating the phones reception as 5 star. Wouldn't work in the house. The W595, however has brilliant signal all over the house. It's easy and intuitive to use. My jawbone bluetooth earphone paired no problem either. Delivery from this seller was next day so well done for that. Very pleased with it no dramas whatsoever. Can't comment on the camera or other features, just needed the thing to work and it does.

Sony Ericsson W595 Black Sim Free Unlocked Mobile Phone