5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted
Smart and just the job
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. J. Dunn

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful
Wobbly - had to put a magazine under it to make it level. It is so flimsy and the hotplates don't get hot enough. Awful to cook on. Real disappointment for Russell and Hobbs - chose this item instead of others because of the brand. Very disappointing.
Published on 28 July 2010 by Lj

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 28 July 2010
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 15199 Stainless Steel 2 Plate Mini Hob (Kitchen & Home)

1.0 out of 5 stars wonky legs and unclear knobs!, 29 Nov 2009
J. Howe (east sussex, uk) - See all my reviews
not a very good review i'm afraid. the dials arent very clearly marked at all - slightly raised black numbers/marks on black knobs ... and the small feet werent evenly balanced, so i've had to stick additional plastic discs under one of the feet to even it up. apart from that, it cooks ok!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 7 Sep 2010
Bought this item as I had previously associated the Russell Hobbs name with quality. After very little use both the control knobs became very loose and eventually both broke leaving access to the electrics. I contacted Russell Hobbs and was met with indifference. Unable to give me an indication of the likely repair cost until I had sent the item back to them. This would have involved me in paying at least 10.00 postage both ways plus the unknown cost of repair.

I am afraid I will not be buying Russell Hobbs good again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 7 Nov 2010
Russell Hobbs 15199 Stainless Steel 2 Plate Mini Hob
While our gas supply was cut off to have new central heating installed we were supplied with this item as a temporary back up. It was only slightly better than useless. When I put boiling water from a kettle into a pre-heated saucepan instead of continuing to boil it cooled down.

It takes an age to heat anything up or cook something - to fry sausages takes 30 minutes.

Once our gas is reconnected I will be getting rid of the hob. It retails for around 40. I wouldn't give 40p for it. I've only given it 1 star because I can't give it none!

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE piece of kit and horrible company to deal with!, 22 Aug 2013
This was sent to me as part of a 'replacement of goods' package. I was refused a refund on faulty goods and told I had to either keep them or have other goods to the same value. To cut a long story short, rather than come away completely empty handed, I accepted replacement goods.

I hate the Russell Hobbs hot plate! It's a nightmare trying to get the temperature right, the damn thing wobbles and when you pick it up, you risk slicing your fingers to shreds on the cheap, tacky unfinished metalwork underneath! I don't even bother to use it anymore and it's just one more piece of Russell Hobbs rubbish to get rid of. I definitely won't be buying any more Russell Hobbs rubbish again (or Remington Steel - manufactured by the same company).

To add further insult, they tried to make me believe they were doing me a favour and collecting/replacing their rubbish for free as a "gesture of goodwill". How to win and keep customers - not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Sep 2010
I've had this hob for a couple of years in my lodgers' area, and it's not had heavy use. I have found it slow to heat up, and not very hot. And now one of the control knobs has broken. I shall try to replace it with a different brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 11 Mar 2011
Ray Dart "Plingsby" (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is a Russell Hobbs, it ought to be OK. Someone else remarked on a broken knob. Happened on mine too - took it back to the shop - Guess what - the new one out of stock also had a broken knob. I finally replaced it with a good one - one of the hotplates packed up a few weeks later. I didn't even bother taking it back again. Complete rubbish.

1.0 out of 5 stars it's easy to burn your hand when using it, 21 Aug 2014
zac 1948 (London, England) - See all my reviews
Attention! Don't buy this product! I have had it barely 6 weeks, and there is smoke appearing from behind the dial of the hob that I'm NOT using! Also, when in use, the dial gets so hot, it's easy to burn your hand when using it, like I just did. How did this EVER get past quality control?? Please DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! Zero stars, but I have to put one to submit my review.

2.0 out of 5 stars 2nd class product, 23 Feb 2010
F. Ghafoor "Jack" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
iam surprised how cheap this product is ..
It cooks ok but its frame is our of balance
One of its leg is small and one is long:) very funny its NOT BALANCE AT ALL
They must sell quality products as they are charging very high price already

Thanks Anyway