5.0 out of 5 stars Phillips Black and Red Speakers
I read the other reviews on these speakers, and at first was a bit wary to whether or not i should actually buy them. However, after braving it, i'm so glad i did.
They're literally fantastic speakers! I use them on my laptop and for music are incredibly loud (if you like loud music) but they also still sound great when booming loud, or even quiet :)

They...
Published on 6 Feb. 2011 by Bradleyjames

1.0 out of 5 stars A Big Disappointment
When I decided it was time to get some new speakers I spent ages looking around and comparing models. I chose these speakers for several reasons,

High Wattage
Good Looks
High Rated Reviews

I got these to replace some old £35 Logitech speakers which id been using to listen to my iPod. My first impression was 'wow', these speakers really do...
Published on 18 Oct. 2011 by Thomas M. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Phillips Black and Red Speakers, 6 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Philips SPA5300/05 Multimedia Speaker 2.1 - Black and Red (Electronics)

They fit next to anything nicely, and look great too. The bass speaker is brilliant too, totally adjustable and easy to use.
Setting them up couldn't be simpler either, took about 2 minutes.
Only 1 down side, is the wires are pretty long, so they're all over the place, but you can tidy them up easily :)

5 stars for me :)

4.0 out of 5 stars its nice but....., 10 Jan. 2010
I purchased this item over xmas as i needed an overhaul on my my comp table. i had a creative 5.1 system to replace which was taking up space and hiding all the leads is a nightmare but in fairness the creative sound system will dry your hair on half volume it just doesnt look that chic. so i had to get a smaller pc desk for a different part of the room i thought i would purchase these speakers.. i must say i have a glass desk and these speakers look very very nice the little volume cone looks very designer just ahead of my keyboard the instructions you get with it you could print on a grain of rice! as it is they is only a few sockets to connect then away you go. i do confess it has a lovely sound but it does lack in a bit of loudness but 10 out of 10 for the look and setting up of it. it may be me who doesnt think its loud enough as most of my hifi gear is over 500w plus but i was a dj for ten yr maybe my ears need cleaning out! hope this helps you

5.0 out of 5 stars BASS MAYHEM!, 5 Oct. 2011
well, I can describe these by two words "Clarity and BASS!!!!" I MEAN.... BBBBAAASSSS!!!
You won't regret buying them...not at all.

One thing though...the wires are a bit short. But heck...loving these speakers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers, 6 April 2010
D. Johnson (U.k.) - See all my reviews
Bought these over the easter weekend so was expecting them to take forever to come but as usual Amazon excelled themselves and they were delived half 9 on Tuesday morning!
The system was really simple to set up, didn't even need to use the manual. I found that putting it on the floor rather than a desktop was much better as the subwoofer vibrates a fair amount and has no legs to lift it off the ground.
Plugged straight into my PC or iPod with the fairly long 3.5mm jack.
The sound quality of the satellites is very good, they're very loud and don't distort or rumble at the top end and they look really nice. (They're 12watts each).
As for the subwoofer, like I said it doesn't have any legs so I advise placing it on the floor instead of a desktop etc. Again, it looks very nice and is fairly compact so doesn't take up much space. As for the sound quality it's very good and very very loud but it does vibrate a lot when turned up full and on very "bassy" songs does tend to distort a little bit. (26watts).

All in all though very good speakers for a laptop or PC and I would recommed them to anyone. Especially at this price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 19 Sept. 2011
After seeing the reviews of these speaking I was pondering whether to buy them or not. But I took a dare and done so. I can only say, WOW. Words do not describe the clarity of them you can drown anything with the huge bass speaker. Or turn it down to make anything sound crystal clear. To sum this up I think these are amazing for the price you are paying, You get what you paid for and so much more.
If you're thinking about buying these, Don't hesitate, Do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips speakers, 8 Jun. 2011
Ordered this item but one of the speakers didnt work properly. I contacted the company, who i have to say were fantastic. Another set of speakers were sent out immediately and they sent a courier to collect the other set, so there was no cost to us. They have provided an excellent service and the new set of speakers have been great. Very good sound, and good value for money too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips Multimedia Speakers Black and Red, 16 Jan. 2012
I wasn't sure if I should purchase these speakers, it took me a while to decide but when I decided it was a good decision. There actually really good I plug them to my Computer and my TV when I'm playing PS3, the sound quality is really good especially in your bedroom. I'm a person that loves bass and the bass is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 3 Aug. 2011
These speakers are great quality (especially for the price).
I kept seeing alot of cheapish speakers with good reviews, but most had waaaay too much bass (and in my opinion it makes them sound cheap).

But with this product it does have a bass variation on the sub.

The only bad thing I can say about it is when I set the product up was silly- o'clock in the morning and I turned the volume waaay down (on the device attached to the unit). But when the sound came on it blasted me for 6. Turns out that it looks like the controls were mounted the wrong way round, so when I turn the sound "+" it goes down and visa-versa. But this doesnt really matter lol.

Defo would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan-Booming-tastic, 19 Mar. 2012
I had a set of really basic speakers attached to my PC and have been looking for a new set for quite a while. I came across these online and it is honestly one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. The sound quality is amazing, so amazing that my hi fi system has now become redundant. The sub-woofer produces a baseline that will rattle anyones bones. Really simple to connect up and looks great. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade their PC speakers. Philips SPA5300/05 Multimedia Speaker 2.1 - Black and Red. You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Look good, sound good, what more do you want?, 18 April 2010
The satelittes aside from looking good, have brilliant sound quality, especially for their size. Surround sound works brilliantly through them to the point on more than one occassion ive thought noises on films ive been watching were happening round my house (door bells..etc) The sub is powerful and managed to make my floor shake at about 10% volume. Brilliant set that looks great.
The only problem ive found is the sub is best left on the floor under a desk, as te padding that act as its legs dont work to great meaning it vibrates on high bass.