4.0 out of 5 stars The least worst solution so far
I've had several nutmeg grinders over the last ten years, mainly because most of them are rubbish and stop working, or are worse and never work at all. This one is elegantly designed, well made and works pretty well, although it can be fiddly to load and a bit inefficient to grind when the nutmeg rolls into a certain position. Nevertheless it's good enough value - so...
Published on 11 Dec 2009 by Mike Wade

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but not very functional
I bought this because a: I loved the way it looked and b: I was sick of grating my fingers on nutmeg graters. Although yes it does look great you have to work really hard to get any nutmeg out! I gave in the other day and went back to the old fashioned grater as was faster!
Published on 12 July 2010 by Acgay

4.0 out of 5 stars Nutmeg shaver, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cole & Mason Nutmeg Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this and the 'Laser Cut Nutmeg Mill', as I wanted a gift for my grandmother, and I didn't know which would be best. I found this one a little hard to start off the nutmegs grinding. It also has a very tight spring that needs to be lifted to allow a nutmeg into place. Of course it needs to be tight to have the pressure to hold it in place. I managed okay, but my grandmother would not. Also I found it awkward to hold, there was no where comfortable to grip it. Again fine for me, but wouldn't suit my grandmother. So I have kept this one and will give the 'Laser Cut' one to her. In saying all that, this one is a lot better than any other types I've tried in the past and you don't grate your fingers, big plus. There is a little wastage as it won't grind the last bit, but I couldn't do that anyway on my last one. Its more like small shavings that come out rather than a powder I would be used to, not that that matters. All in all its a strong little device, and does that job well. Worth the money if you use nutmeg regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent little machine, 4 Jun 2014
Mrs S Sharp (norwich, norfolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cole & Mason Nutmeg Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
this is by far and away the best nutmeg grinder I have ever used, and I have tried several. Cannot recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! Or should that be grate!, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cole & Mason Nutmeg Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
Very attractive, reassuringly robust nutmeg grater....efficient grating, good refil with lift of handle to slide new nutmeg into position....No fiddly screws each time! Can't fault it. Grate!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cole & Mason Nutmeg Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
This grinder is not as good as I thought it would be, I would not recommend it. You are better off with a hand grater.

3.0 out of 5 stars COLE AND MASON NUTMEG GRATER, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Cole & Mason Nutmeg Grinder (Kitchen & Home)
I ordered this grinder for a friend's Christmas present because I have one of these at home which I love. As I bought it as a gift I opened the box to check all was OK. The revolving handle on the top of the grinder had a slight mark, just above the Cole & Mason lettering. At first I thought it was just a water mark which I could remove but soon found out that it was a default in the chrome. As this was for a gift I decided to return the grinder for a full refund. This is such a shame, but it will not deter me from finding an identical Grinder from another supplier - unless the same supplier can guarantee me a perfect Cole & Mason grinder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Oct 2014