Thunder In My Heart & Leo Sayer
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£7.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 19 December 2010
After having really dodgy audio versions of these 2 albums for years, I was pleased to see that another record company had taken the option of releasing them. I was quite wary of ordering them at first fearing that the sound on these releases may not be up to much either, as it does not state that they have been digitally remastered. My fears were unfounded as the sound on these releases are excellent. With notes written by Leo himself, original artwork pictures inside and all lyrics (provided the album came with lyrics originally) and publishing details it is a well thought out package. The 2 albums in this set are quite different from each other in the fact that Thunder In My Heart is quite a dance scorcher of an album with mainly faster songs, it also includes bonus tracks one being the 2006 Number 1 remix of Thunder In My Heart. The album Leo Sayer combines gorgeous ballads, country sounds, rock and even a track co-written with Ghostbusters songwriter Ray Parker Jr. I will be certainly investing in the rest of these twin pack re-issues to finally get rid of the old dodgy versions that I accquired years ago.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 2 June 2014
Must say i dont like the remix but glad it gave Leo deserved success and maybe brought some new fans. Although those wanting more dance music like the thunder remix will be disappointed. I didn't like the Thunder in my Heart album when i first bought it, but having downloaded it again, i have begun to love it. Always loved the title track, should have been number 1 back then. Perfect vocal and driving song. There isn't anything is another of my favourites. I like it better than When I need you, however it sounds very similar and was a flop. I think they album was ahead of its time. Leo changes his style and vocal a lot on the album. Easy to love sees him switch effortlessly to falsetto (make me feel like dancing).
His eponymous Leo Sayer album is less good imo. Dancing the night away was average as a first single, though still good. I cant stop loving you was good, but seemed to be going too mor for my liking. Rest of the tracks are below par apart from the brilliant Frankie Lee. All in all a good purchase for the thunder album.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again