5.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic Collection and it works wonders!
This collection features 80 original songs and 20 karaoke tracks not performed by the original artists or endorsed by them.

Published on 25 Sep 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't argue over this
The 100 series is really aimed at people who are not serious music buffs and its why they're so cheap.There's plenty of more authentic Halloween collections cost twice as much for one CD-eg the Viper "Ultimate" set and the Ace one "These Ghoulish Things".
You get here 4 CDs plus a DVD for under 9 quid so its hardly worth nit picking.
But haveing said that no two...
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic Collection and it works wonders!, 25 Sep 2009
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)

I bought this as a 'soundtrack' to my Halloween party and my favourite tracks are Amityville, The Time Warp, (Don't Fear) The Reaper, Ghostbusters (of course) and I Put A Spell On You (although I do prefer Bette Midler's version from Hocus Pocus but this is yet to have a release).

Anyone having a Halloween party would be highly recommended to buy this as I doubt you'd find a better collection!

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow this will make for a Spooktacular Party, 30 Oct 2009
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
There I am rustling around Asda looking for sweets for the Trick or Treaters, Toffee Apples and other items for my Halloween party when I suddenly remembered I needed a CD for my Halloween Party this weekend, I rushed accross to the entertainment section when I came across this fantastic CD.

Ok so what was I looking for in a Halloween CD, well seeing as all my friends like different styles of music I wanted something that would appeal to all of them. On this CD we have Super Furry Animals, Japan, Andy Williams (for my Nan), Judas Priest all varying artists from different age groups which will enable my party to be enjoyed by all.

I thought it was a great idea to have the themes from films on one of discs, as I vividly remember at a party last year we got around to talking about them but no-one could play the songs as they didn't have them.

And to my surprise when I got home I actually found myself putting the Karaoke
DVD on I actually sat there singing along to Ghostbusters, Time Warp, and Hungary Like The Wolf.

For anyone looking for a CD for Halloween, look no further than this CD, it covers every corner and guarantees to add a spark to your party and send your guests home remembering the best Halloween party thery have ever been too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sountrack to a halloween party!!, 30 Oct 2009
Belinda Kirby - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
I have purchased this product for my eight year old daughters halloween party tomorrow night and we are both very much looking forward to having a go at the kareoke with everyone..it will create the perfect background to our party!!! I have purchased several titles in the 100 hits range and have always found them to be fantastic value for money and look out for the new titles. I honestly do not understand the negative feedback as they are always good fun and quite often have drawn my attention to tracks that I didn't know before but have liked all the same!

Whoever does compile these titles, keep up the good work, I for one will be looking forward to the next title!!! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't argue over this, 12 Oct 2010
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
You get here 4 CDs plus a DVD for under 9 quid so its hardly worth nit picking.
But haveing said that no two people anywhere are going to agree that the 100 items here are all equally necessary-some may wonder just why a track from the 30s by blues singer Robert Johnson is here or why there's a CDs worth of soundtrack recordings.
Course there's always stuff missing which should have been included-the Modernaires'The Rocking Ghost which was once on a vinyl album but no longer even with over a dozen Modernaires CDs.Or even why there's such a waste of space with a kareoky CD.
Which is why there's only 3 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars A monster mash of hits, 30 Oct 2009
A. Pemberton "old man" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
I normally avoid compilation albums like a speech from Gordon Brown. So it came as a shock to how good this is. Most would be full of 'lift music' but this has managed to find a huge list of good spooky party music. The minute I checked the track listing and found Andy Williams I was sold. It has tracks for the young and living dead (the elderly) alike. The bonus karaoke disc is a nice touch. The way my family sing, anyone would feel their in the real rocky horror picture show. So sit back, throw sweets at the kids, check granny for a pulse and enjoy. Fang-tastic stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Halloween Party? Then get this, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
I have got to say the audio mastering on this CD is very good.All the Tracks are crisp and clear.Original artists too.Some great classics on here and some tracks that bring back memories.
the 4th CD is a Krapyoke.Again the tracks sound good.But I did find the writing a bit small when singing along to the tunes.And the background is just graphics not video's.But all in all this is one of the best Halloween disc I have found.So don't go to pound land pay a bit more and get the 100Hits Halloween.

5.0 out of 5 stars So get a witch's shawl on, a broomstick you can crawl on; we're gonna pay a call on '100 Hits of Hallowe'en!', 20 Sep 2013
Hermes Love "You can call me Hal!" (In the Kindle Store... Somewhere!) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
I bought this last year for, you'll never believe this, a Hallowe'en party I decided to throw. It was a bit impromptu, inspired very much at the last minute by the fact that I'd just found this collection in Asda and felt a sudden need to justify my immediate purchase of it. I don't think I even had time to find a costume. It was just this box-set, a big bag of pick 'n' mix and two dozen of the strangest people in my particular neck of the woods by some distance - and I include myself in that number as well, don't you worry.

So strange am I in fact, that I have managed to get quite a bit of pleasure from this product at other times during the past year, on days that are perhaps not quite so synonymous with darkness and nightmares. I even played a couple of discs on what would have been the anniversary of my wedding, although that is a day which is probably more associated with terror and fear in my own mind than Hallowe'en itself. One thing's for certain, I would rather spend the night asleep with Freddy Krueger than to have to suffer the horrors of my wedding night all over again.

This is a thoroughly entertaining and really impressive collection of songs. Since their only real link is their association with 'Hallowe'en, they combine to give a very eclectic mix of different musical genres. The first two discs contain perhaps the most memorable songs, my own personal favourite probably being 'Clap For The Wolfman'.

The third disc provides treasures galore in the form of some truly iconic horror theme tunes. They are not the original versions, but that takes nothing away from them in terms of quality. Trust me - once you've had a couple of Babychams you'll never be able to tell the difference. And I defy anyone to put Track 20 on ('Tales Of The Unexpected') and not instantly find themselves shimmying around their living room to that very sultry little move from the classic ITV title sequence. No? Oh well, that must just be me then.

CD4 gives a few older tunes the chance to shine although, in truth, if this box-set and I were ever alone together in a hot-air balloon that was rapidly losing height, this disc would have to be the first one over the side. And I can honestly say I would probably never even miss it.

The karaoke-style DVD is a really nice little bonus. The songs are all 'in the style of' and there are no video clips to look at while you're belting out the twenty songs. Irrespective of that though, they really do sound good. The on-screen words are very clear and, while I wouldn't like to admit here that I am often found at home during the daytime with the curtains closed, doing 'The Time Warp' in the company of this DVD... I also can't exactly deny it either.

It was nice of them to include 'People Are Strange' on this DVD just for me, wasn't it?

4.0 out of 5 stars We love this album, 30 Oct 2009
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
I brought 100 haloween hits album as we are having a big fancy dress party this Sat...me and my daughter have been dancing around the kitchen to it all week!

2.0 out of 5 stars CONFUSING!!, 6 Nov 2010
M. McIntosh (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
Delivery of item was Good.

On playing discs, the information on the discs did not match the information on the packaging!! The packaging was correct.

Every disc said it had the same music on it.

The song names did not match the information on any of the discs!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who you gonna call?, 30 Oct 2009
L. Hurrell (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Hits: Halloween (Audio CD)
You could not want for a better soundtrack to your halloween party! The opening salvo on disc 1 of Ray Parker Jr and Monster Mash alone should be enough to get everyone dancing.

There really is something for everyone across these discs and they are nicely themed with spooky sounding tracks, some dancy tracks, older tracks for your Nan etc all sequenced together. In fact the previous comments about tracklisting and whoever compiled the songs miss the point entirely. This is a party compilation!

As anyone who has held a party will know the music needs to be right. This compilation does a good job of collating halloween themed tracks and just good party songs, who cares if the link to halloween is a little tenuous, you want people to have a good time don't you? And I wouldn't give stereo space to Aqua or MC Hammer, that's for sure.

This CD is a perfect addition to any halloween party and the entire family will find something to enjoy, which is what I would imagine the compiler set out to achieve. It will certainly be on my stereo as I fend off trick or treaters.

ARRAY(0xaed07fe4)

100 Hits: Halloween
100 Hits: Halloween by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2009)