on 6 April 2012
Finally a fine grater! Excellent for nutmeg! But be aware: it is SHARP! i was zesting a big orange and managed to zest some skin off two fingers :) otherwise, it does the job and cleans easily.comes with a plastic cover, keep it for storage, it will prevent future accidental skin zesting :)
on 8 July 2012
damn the blades are sharp and make grating effortless, really fine grating. At first it felt wierd coz it grates soo well and i wasn't used to it. Soft stuff like cheese just disappears through it and turns into a huge pile of fine shavings underneath. For the price of this its great value. straight into my kit box
on 24 October 2012
Very sharp fine grater. Good size, good grip. Perfect for lemon zest, nutmeg and parmesan. Good quality, cleans well, good value. Quick Amazon delivery.
on 5 February 2013
Bought this product based on other reviews and not disappointed.

I tried it out on a lemon immediately and impressed at the fine zest it produces.

Can see it being good for ginger, nutmeg, garlic etc too, it is very sharp, take care when washing and use the plastic cover provided when storing!

Great price too have been looking for decent zester for ages, amazed at this for less than £10...

would definitely recommend this product.
This is marketed as a grater, but I actually use it mainly as a zester.
I love parmesan cheese, and this will grate that well if necessary, but I have a more dedicated parmesan grater for that.
I also love lemon/lime/orange zest in some dishes - and that's where this little beauty comes in.

It's small enough to handle easily, yet big enough to use seriously.
It's very sharp and zest comes out really 'zesty' (not chunky).
It has a very useful rail on the bottom so that you can stand it on an angle to zest or grate and a handy plastic cover to store it.

It's very good quality and I can recommend.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
on 18 May 2014
The frame on my previous grater was plastic which eventually broke due to the pressure applied when grating. This one is all stainless steel with an easy grip rubber handle and a rubber tube at the bottom to stop it sliding about when grating. The grater itself is about 4" long and comes with a see through plastic cover to stop you catching your skin on it whilst in the kitchen draws. The grater is very sharp and very quickly grates parmesan cheese. A great addition to my kitchen gadgets.
on 14 July 2014
I own several zesters because the older ones weren't really that good. This one is very good - easy to use and creates a very fine zest. It's easy to get the zest off so not much is wasted, the way the older ones used to. I only use it for zesting, I haven't grated parmesan or anything like that with it. I have other parmesan graters that work very well. I would think this one is too fine and would take forever to get a good amount.
on 22 June 2014
I needed a good quality fine grater , after much deliberation this one came out on top .
I ordered it by Click and collect , it arrived for collection in next to no time at all.
The grater is good quality , and does just what it should do , grates superbly .
Highly recommended .
on 28 September 2013
As soon as I took my Lacor Grater from its packing I knew it was going to be good. It has quality written all over it. It is sharp, very sharp, cutting through lemon zest with no effort at all. It is an extra fine grater so it won't be suitable for all your grating needs. It has easily grated everything I've thrown at it but the results will be too fine for some jobs.
It looks built to last, is easy to clean and comes with a plastic cover to protect the blades and prevent accidents.
All in all a quality product at a fraction of the cost of some of its rivals. I would definitely recommend it.
on 23 January 2016
Wow !
I saw the luscious Nigella Lawson using these types of grater whilst preparing some of her recipes, and I resolve to search and find where she got them from and purchase one toot sweet!

Reading the reviews on this site, I quickly settled on this example and it arrived promptly and well packaged. And - what can I say ! So much better than my old graters - but watch your fingers as they are really, really sharp. So easy to use, and works a treat. And the best thing is they come in all different grades - perfect.
Highly recommended.