5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and informative. Well laid out., 14 April 2001
I am in my third year of a dressmaking course. We only have 2 hours per week in class. This year we are learning to make trousers. My class tutor bought this book from Amazon as a christmas gift for me. The book was extremely well laid out and very easy to understand. As I don;t know a lot of the dressmaking terminology, I found that this is one book I can understand and I am now lost without it as a reference book. Anyone who has difficulty grasping the basics of sewing trousers I would highly recommend this book. You won't be sorry at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars good for all ranges of skills, 6 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This is one of an excellent series. The book starts at the real basics and works up. Very easy to follow. Clear pictures show what you need to do. Looks at fabric basics, construction techniques and fit. Tells you how to adjust patterns for things such as wide thighs, bow legs, large tummy etc. Considers various styles & talks through thoughts around these styles. Also recommends style details to use/avoid depending on your shape. I've been sewing for a long time but I still found things to learn here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good reference book, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Easy Guide to Sewing Pants: Sewing Companion Library (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend this book to anyone who wishes to make closer fitting trousers. As it says in the book, to sew a pair of trousers is very simple; to get a good fit isn't. It highlights the differences between basic trouser patterns and how to refine the fit to your own measurements and uniqueness; it shows you how to construct the pattern every step of the way, showing you how to alter the pattern design to make it more your own; it analyses different fabrics and notions to use. I am not a novice dressmaker but have found this book to be of great use; I have found myself referring to it more and more. A great buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and detailed, 1 Oct 2013
I particularly liked the photographs of fitting problems and fine tuning the fit, which were comprehensive. This book sits alongside the excellent Pants for Real People by Pati Palmer and Marta Alto - both being excellent guides to pant making. I will use the Lynn Macintyre's book as a quick reference, when checking fine tuning details, as I sew, I think, as it is the Kindle format, which makes it easy to find things. The Palmer and Alto book is in hard copy, and I will use this before cutting out, when I get new patterns, to alter them to suit. Or I will check in both, just to make sure. Very pleased with both books.

Easy Guide to Sewing Pants: Sewing Companion Library