Price:£32.95+ £3.95 shipping

My six year old boy loves lego and has spent all his hard earned money on LEGO Atlantis products this year. The Typhoon Sub is a nice piece of lego engineering which is fairly simple to build. There are a few technical elements to the building - the front propellers tilt back and the back propeller rotates - but there is nothing that was really beyond his ability. It comes with a Manta Warrior and a standard Lego Atlantis diver, who sits in the sub itself. The sub is quite large, not as big as the LEGO Atlantis 8075 Neptune Carrier but it is still a good sized toy for a six year old to play with.

It's really quite robust when he plays with it as well, although a few bits sometimes fall off but that is part of the fun of lego you can always rebuild/improve the original design. If you give this to a younger child you can fully expect to be building it yourself as some of the bits are fiddly, but not complex.

I wish we had had lego like this 30 years ago!
on 7 February 2010
LEGO's new theme is suitably aquatic and the Typhoon is the best of the vehicles I've seen so far (still waiting on the Neptune Carrier).

My 6-year-old was able to build the majority of this model by himself (although the more technical part was beyond him). The instructions are simple and the build itself is uncomplicated.

The ability to rotate the front propellers/impellers is nice (even if I still really dislike the 'flick torpedos') And the model is pretty robust - although still subject to the usual wear and tear during play.

The sharkman seems hopelessly outclassed - but I'm assuming that imbalance will be redressed in other sets.
on 9 October 2010
My 10 year old son loves it, that's all there is to say really! I'm sure our household has more Lego than the Lego shop. My only gripe is that I do think the themed sets are overpriced, but then it's worth it as my son is constantly playing with it, or adapting it with other Lego pieces that he has. It certainly stimulates his imagination
on 19 January 2011
This is good fun - my 8 yr old son and I have enjoyed building and playing with this and the transforming sub/ base. The torpedo on this sub is like the ones on some of the lego agents toys - quite impressive. It also has flick missiles and the propellers spin by blowing on them. All in all good fun though I bought this from Tesco not Amazon as it was cheaper there - the transforming sub was much cheaper on Amazon -£32.85 instead of 40. This one flicks the torpedo launcher and grab claw into action positions very easily and doesn't even threaten to fall to pieces. Very impressed with it's durability and quality.
on 3 February 2013
My nephew who is 7 is Lego mad! It's amazing what he builds - however he has become very precious about it and members of the family are only allowed to see his 'city' when accompanied by himself! He found the Turbo Sub challenging but not too difficult :-)
on 17 April 2012
... its great fun putting it all together in the beginning but once it's made up and played with for a few days it tends to sit in the cupboard un-played-with. guess we could take it apart and start over? wonder if anyone does that?
on 28 January 2014
Happy son who,has enjoyed building this and playing. It was not too complicated to put together. A good present for a 10year old.
on 12 May 2013
This is a great product and my son loves the Lego Atlantis vehicles because they are so creative and versatile. Thumbs up!
on 7 August 2015
My nephew loved this. Thanks
on 25 April 2015
Great gift for LEGO lover!