5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by eloise

3.0 out of 5 stars Great boots for DRY weather only!
Published on 24 Jan 2010 by Laura

3.0 out of 5 stars Great boots for DRY weather only!, 24 Jan 2010
This review is from: Fly London Women's Maos Lace Ups Boots (Apparel)
I bought these boots at the beginning of January 2010 and loved them - they are really comfortable and fit my wide calves perfectly. However, the first time I wore them it was raining slightly, I walked less that 1/2 a mile and my socks were wet through. I returned them (to Amazon) who replaced them - very quickly I must add. I weatherproofed the new pair but they still let water in. Very disappointing for a 'quality' pair of winter boots. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had the same problem or if I've been unlucky enough to have two pairs of faulty ones?!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 Jan 2011
The boots were ordered over xmas period and i recieved within 7 days . The Boots are gorgeous to look at and i have recieved lots of good comments from other people when i have worn them. The only down side is that they are not waterproof at all..... i had read other reviews before purchase and i was aware of this, but i did expect them to be at least showerproof but they are not. However, i will not be returning them because they look good and they are extremely comfortable but i will just have to wear them when it's not raining!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: Fly London Women's Maos Lace Ups Boots (Apparel)
Unfortunately, I didn't wear these boots in the rain until I had them for quite a while, thus when I discovered (to my dismay) that they let water in I felt it was too late to return them. Very disappointing - not much good for Irish weather. Would make me wary about buying Fly boots again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaky boots, 23 Oct 2013
L. Bassett - See all my reviews
I loved these boots, I still do. Unfortunately they leak catastrophically, and in only the slightest drop of rain. This was so bad I thought they must have a whole in the bottom. No its the stitching/gluing on the sides. After the leather bubbled and turned white (normally plain back not Paten) in moderate rain across most of the front part of the boot, I managed to resurrect them using a hot spoon and a whole tin of polish. It took about two hours but did get them back to almost perfect condition. I then took them to a boot menders to seal them. He refused to charge me for the work because he couldn't guarantee it. Apparently its a design fault. The way they are put together between sole (take a careful look at the picture) and boot means that basically they are only good for countries with no rain - definitely not the UK. I still wear them I just have to look at the weather forecast before I go out. Fortunately I got them on very special offer only 42 from Amazon last year. When you look at the manufactures normal price, it is a bit of a damn cheek to produce something so "leaky". If they come back on the market, be warned!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly London Maos Boots - recommended, 11 July 2013
I have several pairs of these boots in a variety of colours and never tire of them. If you have narrow legs and boots usually gape then Fly London is the make to go for - you will not be disappointed with the fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer comfort!, 16 Feb 2013
Love these boots - comfortable, look good and the elastic laces make it a doddle to fasten and tighten to my leg shape

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly Maos Boot, 14 Jan 2013
such a smart comfortable boot, can be worn with dress/skirt, leggings or skinny jean. arrived very quickly (about 3 days).

4.0 out of 5 stars These boots are made for walking, 8 Nov 2012
Great boots - even better if I had managed to get a discount on them. Super fit and extremely comfortable - the only downside is the extra time it takes to thread the laces through the eyelets like ice-skates. I didn't expect the laces to be elasticated but it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars What can I say?, 23 Feb 2011
I think the fact that I now own 3 pairs of Maos boots from Fly London says enough. They are beautifully styled in a feminine yet rock chik way. Not as 'in yer face' as my Doc Martens, yet they do have attitude and are sooooo comfy. I always get comments when I wear them and tend to choose my outfit around my boots. The sizing (with this particular style anyway) is spot on. The elastic lacing is great - I have them permanently knotted and just loop them round and off we go. The dark brown patent leather is such a dark brown, they would easily pass as black. I also have a green pair and a purple pair (although the purple is more of a dark red). The non-patent leather does mark easily and it would be useful to know which shoe creams are the best match. I know from other reviews that they do tend to let the water in, but I've worn mine in light rain and they've been okay. If you can get them for a good price at the end of the season, they are a definite purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Boot, 12 Jan 2011
Buy these Boots!
They are just fab.
I got them in green and I am buying the brown for my daughter.
They are extremely comfy, first day I wore them allday without a problem.
I usually take a 4.5 in Clarks and Hobbs shoes and bought a 5 in these, but i probably would have got away with a 4 but my calves are very wide and i was worried about them fitting there, but because they are laces i didn't have to worry and there is sufficiant leather in the tongue to overlap with the rest of the boot, I would agree with another review that the elastic laces aren't great but i've ordered some leather thonging off ebay to resolve this.
I would recommend these boots to anyone...
I would love them in red but can't risk a divorce!!

ARRAY(0xa91bdc18)