5.0 out of 5 stars At last!
Published on 29 Jun 2007 by P. Bennett

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic and mainly black and white low quality printing.
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 29 Jun 2007
P. Bennett (Staffordshire England) - See all my reviews
What a super book this is. Having moved from an auto pocket compact to a bridge digital (and with no past experience of cameras and their settings), I have been really struggling to understand what aperatures and focal points were, and what the difference is between a lens and a filter. This book explains it all so clearly. I have been going to a class for two hours a week but, after purchasing this book it is as though the scales have fallen from my eyes and I am really starting to enjoy my photography for the first time. Julia Adair King holds your interest and explains things clearly. There are also lots of tips that the professional photographers use. This would make an ideal present for anyone who has a little understanding of photography. I am delighted I found it and can thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book I was looking for, 29 July 2007
I have got this book on loan from my local Library after borrowing and returning many others and will be buying my own copy. I also own a digital bridge camera which is the Fuji S9600 as well as two compacts one having advanced manual features. I am an experienced film and digital photographer also experienced with photo editing software but this book has enabled me to understand certain aspects of my S9600 which were not too clear to me. It is a beautifully written and presented easy to read book and at the price which Amazon is offering it is a bargain and essential reading for newcomers and improvers to DSLR and bridge cameras or indeed to any digital camera user who wants to learn more. I reckon I won't need the advanced digital photography classes I was going to sign up for at my local College after reading this book but will still go along and benefit more than I would have without the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE DOWNLOAD OF SHOOT LIKE A PRO, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Shoot Like a Pro! Digital Photography Techniques (Kindle Edition)
New to digital photography I was looking for a simple and not too expensive guide for beginners to the hobby. This was down via Kindle download and suits my needs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic and mainly black and white low quality printing., 25 Sep 2013
Amazon Customer (PLYMOUTH, DEVON United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As an enthusiastic amateur I thought this book would provide lots of pro tips but alas I am very disappointed. Much of the book is very basic stuff with only the centre section in colour. The rest of the book is printed on cheap quality paper with black and white low contrast images which make it difficult to see any differences in "before" and "after" photos. The 35 "Pro" tips are in colour but are so basic that many people will already know them if they have been photographing for some time. The book is ok for a beginner but there are lots of much better and higher quality books out there from ILEX or DK publishers.

ARRAY(0xb171a6e4)