4.0 out of 5 stars Delkin Fat Gecko Mini Camera Mount
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:09 Mins
This is a video of the Delkin Fat Gecko Mini Camera Mount.It is very strong and remained firmly fixed to the glass surface for several days.My camera a Sony TRV950 is no lightweight,nearly 2 kilos.The only concerns I have is the release handle.This seems a little flimsy and if not handled with care I felt could snap.I have tried it in car with...
Published on 12 Feb 2011 by willc

1.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't worked once!
You get what you pay for? Wrong in this case!

Trying to mount Garmin Virb minicam - a matter of ounces - on glass with this over-priced rubbish and it can't cope.

Packing gone, so I'm stuck with it, but will buy 4.99 alternative - with more optimism - after Christmas.

I may just have one with a faulty suction cup, but buyer beware.
Published 6 months ago by Doc R

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Delkin Devices Fat Gecko Double Knuckle Single Suction Cup Camera Mount (Camera)
Great product, sticks well to my Triumph fuel tank so I can take movies on the go. Would recommend for all sorts of photograpic applications. Speedy delivery and a good quality piece of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 28 Oct 2012
If you find this review helpful ... please click the little "yes" box below.

This is a well made, solid mount. I bought this instead of the Drift suction mount because a lot of the reviews I read seemed to imply that they were pretty close to identical, and the Fat Gecko version came with an extender. I'm glad that I picked this over the Drift, because I have used the extender several times. It's particularly useful when attaching the mount to my car windscreen. Without the extender, I wouldn't be able to attach a camera because the slope of the screen us too steep.

I've used the mount on my motorcycle (Kawasaki Ninja) and found that it sticks great to the tank and the fairings. Really, REALLY solid. I doubt very much that this will come off once firmly attached.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but could do with a quick release clip., 3 Sep 2012
I used this to capture in car video on a recent trip to Europe. First Impression this is a well made piece of kit and very sturdy and that is still my impression.

I used it in combination with a Canon compact camera. When driving the camera appeared to be Bouncing a lot and wondered what the resulting video would look like, well it was fine. It was the car that was bouncing and the Gecko was taking out the shakes and the smaller bumps keeping the camera relatively still.

Only draw back we found was there is no quick release for the camera. Every time you want to remove the camera you have to unscrew it from the mount and we were in and out of the car a lot, this became a pain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disapointed, 18 Dec 2012
Mrs. Ce Clayton (Tamworth, UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased this and also the extension kit, but no matter what we have done we can't get the extension kit to work with the Fat Gecko Double Suction Mount. Which is really frustrating as we did not read that there where not compatible and you'd presume it was compatible.

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed bacg of nuts, 6 Sep 2011
No had a chance to really properly test this item, but i would say that what i received has a slightly naff ball and thread for the camera connection. I struggle to get the camera attachment really tight, which makes me nervous about attaching it to my car and going for it. that said, the sucker and rest of the construction is great.

I bought it to work with my go pro, but with the added versatility of attaching other cameras etc. I found that the ball joint wasnt super tight, so got some sand paper and stuck it into the socket and that seems to have solved that one.

1.0 out of 5 stars crappy crappy crappy, 21 Nov 2010
I bought it to use on my snowboard and after 2hours of use the base broke in half. LITERALLY in half!
It's an absolute piece of crap and I wasn't even bothered to get a refund or replacement.