4.0 out of 5 stars Delkin Fat Gecko Mini Camera Mount
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:09 Mins
Published on 12 Feb 2011 by willc

1.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't worked once!
You get what you pay for? Wrong in this case!

Trying to mount Garmin Virb minicam - a matter of ounces - on glass with this over-priced rubbish and it can't cope.

Packing gone, so I'm stuck with it, but will buy £4.99 alternative - with more optimism - after Christmas.

I may just have one with a faulty suction cup, but buyer beware.
Published 12 months ago by Doc R

4.0 out of 5 stars Delkin Fat Gecko Mini Camera Mount, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: Delkin Devices Fat Gecko Double Knuckle Single Suction Cup Camera Mount (Camera)
Length:: 1:09 Mins

This is a video of the Delkin Fat Gecko Mini Camera Mount.It is very strong and remained firmly fixed to the glass surface for several days.My camera a Sony TRV950 is no lightweight,nearly 2 kilos.The only concerns I have is the release handle.This seems a little flimsy and if not handled with care I felt could snap.I have tried it in car with the extension-& despite a bit of bounce, the camera & mount stayed firmly in place.Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, 28 Nov 2009
J. S. Atherton "JSA" (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a device to hold a second camcorder when videoing meetings and classes, and this has been almost perfect. It has enabled me to mount a camcorder high up near the ceiling simply by attaching it to the window to get a wide-angle view. The suction mount is secure and powerful, and the press-button and flip-lever combination is quick and reliable. The extensions and ball-and-socket joints allow for a wide range of adjustment, but the large knobs make it easy to tighten them into the desired final position. The whole thing is reassuringly robust and solid. The extension arm makes it possible to fit a camcorder to a windscreen despite the screen's rake. A great product at a very reasonable price considering its rather specialised market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gecko wont let your camera down, 30 Jan 2011
I got this for my home videos but was a little worried putting £1000 worth of kit on the outside of my car and racing down country lanes, within the speed limit of course! This thing is stickier than super glue, just make sure there are no cracks or hairs underneath and you'll be fine. Cars, snowboards, canoes, windows all been fine and it's not dropped my camera once. I even fixed it to the skylight in my kitchen and hung my entire weight off it without it letting go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gheco mini - sticks like a limpet, 2 Dec 2010
I ordered one of these from Amazon, arrived in 2 days in perfect condition.

I wanted this device for attachment to the front drivers window, in order to attach my point and shoot Kodak digital camera so that I could video through the windscreen of my car whilst driving.

With the extension included in the pack, the camera can easily be positioned facing forward in a way that does not restrict my vision and clears the front pilar.

It is quick to attach to the window and stays there for hours without falling off. It is easily removed and can be adjusted so that the camera is in exactly the right position and within easy reach to both see through the camera screen and to start and stop the video.

The results are very good, day and night, when I will leave the video on for whole journies of an hour or more.

This set-up using a digital camera is better than using an action cam which I have tried with disappointing results.

This product sticks well to glass, but not so well to the smooth plastic on the dash, where it fell off after 5 minutes when I first tried it on that surface, not tried it on any other surface, so can't comment.

A well made product that deserves 5 stars, price is reasonable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mount, does what it says on the box, 1 Mar 2011
After hearing good reviews about this product, despite having a heavier camera than the described weight limit I thought I would take a punt and purchase the mount.
The main purpose for the mount would be to fit it onto the exterior and interior of my car in an attempt to create short films of car shows I have been to and apart from the obvious camera wobble from the road the footage was spot on even at 40-50 mph! The mount worked perfectly and I honestly believe it would easily hold pretty much any weight camera with ease.
The suction cup is great and works extremely well on glass in particular however you do have to make sure any surface is cleaned well before hand. The only problem I have found using a larger camera with this mount however is it can be a pain to keep screwing it on and of the mount and it can get rather fiddly.

All in all an excellent product and an excellent price and delivery service to go with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid as a rock, 30 Dec 2013
Bought this to mount a Sony HDR AS15 to my 180mph super bike. This thing sticks like hard setting glue. I use a separate tether just in case. But it's not come adrift yet. It's been mounted to the fairing at various places. And the top speed I've done whilst it's in place is 165mph.

Does what it says on the tin, and then some!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera mount., 9 Jan 2012
I purchased this to be able to film when I'm on holiday, so I can show others what the country lanes round Somerset (well Cheddar Gorge really) are like to drive down, (a picture just can't do it justice!)

I bought it for mounting to the windscreen, but tried it on the front wing of my car, its brilliant, wonder if Top Gear use these for their filming, it is solid as a rock on the car. I was a bit wary of attaching an expensive camera outside the car, I needn't have worried.

Roll on June for the holiday!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Gecko suction cup camera mount, 16 April 2012
I have used a few suction cup camera mounts in my time, but I have to say that the Delkin Devices Fat Gecko double knuckle single suction cup camera mount to be the very best by far, having the extention piece is a great bonus. looking forwar to using this for a long time. I have just ordered some more for when i use multi shot various angles filming

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit!, 24 Oct 2012
An absolute bargain, the quality is fantastic, very solid. I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ45, DSLR sized, which is fairly heavy and it supports it no problem. Not a chance it could just fall off the windscreen, even when you release the suction it's still hard enough to get off (a tab is provided to make it easier though). Can't fault it really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job!, 15 Aug 2011
Terry Bowyer "slanda18" (Worthing, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this camera mount for a very specific purpose: to attach a Kodak Playsport camera to a 350cc quad bike! As part of a "Stag Day" I organised for my brother-in-law I had arranged a quad biking activity for the morning of the day. I knew I'd have difficulty finding a static location for filming as the quad biking route was through a forest so I thought it would be more interesting if a camera was mounted on one of the quads - the last quad of seven with camera facing forwards.
I'd had the opportunity to look at the quads previously and decided that it would be possible to mount the camera on the fibre glass fairing IF the suction mount was good enough.
After some research on Amazon and eBay I went with the Gecko as it seemed to have the most effective suction cup. As a "just in case" measure I also attached a chain to the Gecko which I affixed to the Quad bike bull bar. If the suction cup failed the theory was that I wouldn't lose the camera, the mount and, most importantly, the memory card!
I "field tested" the mount on my little Suzuki 4 x 4 and it worked well.
Then came the day of the quad biking event...
Due to a shoulder injury I couldn't participate in the "quading" myself so I attached the camera to the quad bike driven by a friend. I pressed "record" and hoped for the best!
Despite constant vibration from the terrain and engine vibration the mount held firm for the entire event (over an hour). The resulting 35 minute footage (I think it stopped due to file size) proved to be pretty good. A bit wobbly but perfectly watchable. If I were to do something like this again the only change I would make would be to remove the mount extender as I suspect this may have amplified the vibration effect.
An excellent piece of kit which will provide me with some interesting options for filming in the future.