on 27 September 2010
This manual microwave is simplicity itself to operate. It's a neat size and has four power levels plus defrost. It's the ideal microwave for you, if, like me, all you are looking for is a simple microwave to heat up dishes, defrost frozen food and cook ready meals, baked potatoes, scrambled eggs etc.
0Comment52 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this because my seventy-seven year old dad couldn't operate the panasonic 'all singing and dancing' microwave that I'd bought some years back. Since the death of my Mum, I wanted to ensure that he could make himself a hot meal. I just wanted something with clear dials and numbers whereby he could pop in a potato and not produce a scale model of Haley's comet. That wish seems to have been fulfilled with this microwave. First impressions are that it is spacious enough inside for the biggest of ready meals, quick and easy to clean. It's not the most attractive of microwaves but it is functional and has four easy to select settings of warm, defrost, medium and high power. I'm always concerned with old people either over heating stuff and burning themselves while they eat or under heating and getting ill as a result. This microwave seems very good at heating evenly and the clear timer dial should mean my dad selects the right time. One worry solved I think. The microwave is still going strong four years later, as is my dad.
22 comments64 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2014
This is a brilliant microwave. It has been in continuous use since purchasing in Feb 2014. The only thing is that as pointed out in a previous review the microwave does slip but putting non slip stickers soon rectifies this (you can get them from homebase and amazon they're normally called furniture protectors ) If this is for an elderly/disabled person you MUST put these on. All the great points and why this product was perfect for my Mom and me are :

- Sturdy, strong handle - easy grip for someone with arthritis in their hands.
- A decent internal capacity to fit normal size dinner plates and the larger microwaveable cuddly warms - for some reason microwaves have got smaller on the inside so it's rare to find a decent sized one.
- The internal cavity is wonderful. Having had previous painted ones peel inside I was looking for powdered coated like my mother's old one but most are painted. At first I was unsure of stainless steel inside but it is excellent to clean. My mother's powder coated one used to be terrible to clean and as it was never wiped straight away gravy, soup etc would bake on. Now it can be left a couple of days and still cleans up new with little effort. This feature is good for someone who has to have a lot of microwavable dinners. The concave steel inner featureThis is a brilliant microwave. It has been in continuous use since purchasing in Feb 2014. The only thing is that as pointed out in a previous review the microwave does slip but putting non slip stickers soon rectifies this. All the great points and why this product was perfect for my Mom and me are :

- Sturdy, strong handle - easy grip for someone with arthritis in their hands.
- Good range of settings. 800w power is great for a microwave. My basic one that was used temporarily was only 700w and not adequate for cooking microwave meals every day.
- The internal cavity is wonderful. Having had previous painted ones peel inside I was looking for powdered coated like my mother's old one but most are painted. At first I was unsure of stainless steel inside but it is excellent to clean. My mother's powder coated one used to be terrible to clean and as it was never wiped straight away gravy, soup etc would bake on. Now it can be left a couple of days and still cleans up new with little effort. This feature is good for someone who has to have a lot of microwavable dinners. The concave steel inner feature also seems to cook food more evenly than previous ones.
- The dials are excellent for the older person or someone wanting quick and simple controls. They are sturdy and you can feel when you have moved the dial to a setting. The timer needs to be moved past 2 minutes and then back to required time if less than 2 - this is the same for all manual ones I've had but takes getting used to if you've never had manual. The settings are clear to see and easy to move and my my Mom is very happy as they are similar her last prestige microwave. This is one of the features that is important for a lot of elderly people who like a similar product to the one that's broken.
- Lastly it's white which was one of the most important things - it had to be white.

Personally I think manufacturers could make microwaves like this cheaper but I will not grumble and would happily buy the same model in 3-5 years or whenever it does conk out. It will have daily use until it does so for an essential kitchen appliance that ticks all the boxes the price is ok. Finding one with all the above features was like finding a needle in a haystack and when it arrived and started being used by my Mom ( after non slip pads put on ) I breathed a sigh of relief. So far not a bad word yet which is excellent. I just hope they keep doing this model or something identical.

Worth every penny!
on 21 July 2010
I bought this for my 91 year old mother after she set fire to her combi one (used the grill instead of microwave!), it's brilliant, she can see and use the timer dial easily, it's compact but will fit a dinner plate inside and it is what it says it is...a microwave. Would recommend to anyone who wants a plain, simple microwave
0Comment39 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2011
Finally, a really easy to operate microwave. I love how simple it is and it's so easy to use. Good price and a good buy.
on 20 June 2013
This microwave was delivered 2 days after I had ordered it, could not ask for better service.
It was very weel packed, and is just perfect for my needs. I use it 3 times every day, and am very pleaseds with it's size.
Even my largest dinner plate will fit in there comfortably. the wasttage is higher than my last one so it cooks my food quicker. It is very well built, and even it's appearance is great.
I am very pleased with this purchase,
on 9 July 2010
So easy to use. I am 84 and the more expensive microwaves I have had before I have found confusing, This Daewoo microwave is a delight as it is so simple and straightforward to use that there is no room for any confusion. Thank you Amazon and Daewoo.
on 13 March 2013
ok for grandma who has difficulties with digital timers, simple to use,basic microwave but does the job intended to do.
on 9 October 2015
I bought this model because it is one of the few models that combines simple dial controls with a stainless steel interior. I was prepared to pay more for the stainless steel. Our previous microwave was rusting badly on the inside because the paint had come off on both the upper surface and underneath the turn-table. Repainting is not recommended so a perfectly good microwave was wasted after a few years of use. When looking around for a new microwave, a shop assistant informed me that neglecting to clean the inside surfaces is the cause. It seems baked on splattered food concentrates the microwaves and degrades the paint. Fair enough, we had neglected to clean the upper surface, but this does not explain why the paint also came off from under the turn-table. So far this new microwave is working as it should, though it does occasionally make a vibrating noises as if something on the inside is touching, or resonating with, the outer casing. It's dial controls are simple to use, although this model lacks a door opening button, which the previous model did have. It's not a problem but it takes time to get used to pulling the door open without moving the unit. And I should also give a plug for the delivery company (dpd) because I was very impressed with them. Not only did they email me regards the day of delivery, but I was also sent another email telling me it would be delivered between 10am-11am. I was a bit sceptical about that but sure enough it was delivered well within the allotted time. A two hour time-slot would still have been very acceptable but it seems Dpd is setting a new bench mark. The only problem with using emails to inform of delivery is that not every one bothers to check their emails on a frequent basis.
on 22 February 2013
Exactly what I wanted, an oven with a timer and a control to alter the power setting. There are very few on the market of this type, none with a maximum setting of 900W like the one which died recently. Disappointing that the power is not infinitely variable, but otherwise I have no adverse comments. It is slightly noisier for the first couple of seconds but then quietens down and gives a satisfactorily loud ping when completed. What a shame that Amazon arrange their affairs to pay tax on their profits in another country instead of supporting GB, where their sales are made. Shame on you Amazon, this means that poor people pay more tax as they cannot avoid it!