4.0 out of 5 stars Gained a new fan!
Published on 19 Feb 2010 by Gemma Calvert

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
I expected hit after hit on this album with his first few realeases being really good! But the songs released are by far the best on the album, so don't be expecting any more chart toppers from Catch 22. Still a good buy though, with Never Leave and No.1 being fantastic songs.

Published on 20 Aug 2009 by A. Stokes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Gained a new fan!, 19 Feb 2010
Gemma Calvert - See all my reviews
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)
I'm not usually into this kind of music, but ever since I won the album and listened to it, I've started getting into it. One of my favourite songs on this album is 'Stryderman' and 'Express Yourself' I think these two are best performed live too, as I won tickets to see him in concert, and it's really changed my opinion of this type of music. His music is awesome and how he gets the crowd going is awesome too. This album has gained himself a new fan! I'd definitely recommend this album to anyone that is looking for something new to listen to and get into it. I'm sure anyone would like it!

Gemma C

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 20 Aug 2009
A. Stokes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)

For hardcore fans they will find he has moved away from his 'roots' and become more poppy. True, but still very effective and has gained alot of new fans. For me though, the more mainstream, poppy stuff is what it's all about.

Looking forward to some new stuff for the Stryder man, none the less a good second album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)
Mint CD, Mint Cover, Mint Artist/s, Awesome Song/s, Well Played, Nothing entirely wrong with this CD, Reason for buying it cos i loved this Person's/Peoples Music.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry tinchy, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)
Bought this as a gamble , has to be the worked cd I've listened to in my life ! And I've heard Cheryl Cole live. I would rather play a fork scrapping a plate constantly , for the whole time I drive than ever listen to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, Just Brilliant!, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)
For someone who definetly isn't a fan of Brit Rap or Hip/Hop this is different. The album is mainstream enough to appeal to people like me (pop fans) and has enough orginality to maintain his core base. Hit after Hit in an album that is beyond brilliant. From the excellent to the sublime this album has it and more in spades. Buy it, love it because stryder is a genius and a star who will be around for years to come if he can maintain this level of quality on all albums

5.0 out of 5 stars good choice, 28 Dec 2010
Ms. J. L. Conway (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)
This cd was purchased for my son. It has some catchy songs on it as I play it in my car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tinchy is a real star in the hood!, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)
Although his previous efforts Star in the hood and the Cloud 9 EP were good grime albums, Tinchy has outdone himself with Catch 22. Instead of sticking to the grime sound of his previous albums he has incorporated much more pop elements into it and the sound is simply amazing. Going into the mainstream pop style I think was the best thing Tinchy could've done. This is was easily the best album of 2009. Ever since I first head it I was blown away by the inspirational and motivational songs where Tinchy talks about his career and his life.
I first came across Tinchy Stryder when I heard Take me back on the radio. I wasn't a fan of this song but when he released Number 1 with N-Dubz, this was when I began to take serious interest in his music. After hearing the brilliant You're not alone I knew I had to purchase the album and since I did I've never looked back. This album is a masterpiece and whether you're a fan of grime or pop or anything else, there's something in this album for anyone.

The album starts off with a track that appears 3 times in the album, as the first song, track 10 (halfway through) and as the final self-titled song. The music is the same every time but the lyrics are different. This sets up the epic sound for this album, that Tinchy seems to be telling a story throughout. As soon as the song kicks off you'll notice how clever Tinchy is with his rhymes and that's what immediately drew me to the album. Take off is one of the best and is an inspirational track about making it to the top. Take me back I'm still not a big fan of but it's a pretty good pop song featuring Taio Cruz. Spotlight is a great sounding track where Tinchy talks about his music career. Just like with any MC Tinchy does boast a little on times but I like it. Number 1 is the song that got me into this guy's music so is an obvious favourite of mine. I love the sound and the smart lyrics. Shake me isn't one of the best but is good and talks of how he feels like he's in a dream. Stryderman I really like, even if it is a big boost to Tinchy's ego. I think it's really clever sounding. Warning is another great song where Tinchy tells of how he got left behind but is still chasing that dream. The motivational songs are the ones I love best. First place is another inspirational song about only settling for the best. Pit stop cleverly drops a line from First place and Halo in there and then Halo is another one of my favourites where Tinchy boasts about how girls love him (again!). "Once it's gone it's gone for life" are some of the inspirational lyrics which made me love this album.

Tryna be me is a song which sounds much more like his older stuff and features Ruff Sqwad who featured on his previous efforts too. Never leave you featuring Amelle from the Sugababes is a pop hit and has some good lyrics by Tinchy. We got dem featuring Chipmunk is a more grime sounding song but I like the sound and the way the two talk about their careers. You're not alone is another of my favourites and has great lyrics about staying strong and moving on. Great song. Preview inspirationally has to be the best song on the album. It's definitely one of my favourites if not my favourite of all. The song is so inspirational and Tinchy talks to the listener which makes me feel really good every time I listen to it. It's completely awesome! After Catch 22 the bonus track Express yourself is another nice sounding influential song where Tinchy tells us to express ourselves cos "you can even impress yourself".

Anybody who purchases this album will surely not regret it. It's definitely one of the best that I own and has been a great influence in my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's catched more than 22 fans., 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)
Catch 22 is the second studio album from British hip-hop star, Kwasi Danquah better known by his stage name Tinchy Stryder. The album consists of two number one singles, both of which are collaborations. He rose to fame to Take Me Back which is a collab with Taio Cruz. The album peaked at number 2 in the UK charts.

The album art is interesting. On a blue background, it includes Tinchy surfing. The tracks and song -writing is good and can easily appeal to the target audience. The stand out tracks are Never Leave You (Feat. Amelle) and Number One (Feat. Ndubs.)

if you enjoyed this album, I'd suggest you check up on his free ep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real british talent, 22 Feb 2010
This review is from: Catch 22 (Audio CD)
One of the best albums of 2009. Every song has amazing lyrics which shows his talent for song writing. In all the songs he is talking about the road to success and trying to reach your goals in life which a lot of people can relate to. What i love about Tinchy is that he talks about things that are real life in a way people can relate to and delivers some killer lines that are almost like quotes. In my opinion Tinchy has climbed to the top of british urban music and has a lot more talent to show. The only thing that would of made this album better is if he had a song about love/relationships as every song seems to be about the same thing. Overall i would give this album 9/10 and definitely think this album is worth buying.

Gemma C

5.0 out of 5 stars Class Act!, 16 Feb 2010
T. Quinn - See all my reviews
This album is by far the best grime album ever released and builds on the quality of Tinchy's previous albums, although they werent as big of a success commericially. this album contains two number one singles ( number 1 , never leave you ) and many top 10 hits which has bought the uk grime scene out of the shadows and firmly into the limelight. if your new to this type of music then theres no better starting point than here. Evry Grime/Urban Fan must hav this in their collection!! jack q

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›