5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for carrying emergency cash
I got one of these originally as a stocking filler, but was so impressed, got one for myself.

Published on 2 Mar. 2010 by A. J. Parkes

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stocking filler
Quite fiddly but does what it says with a little practice. Have to remember to place folded note in the LID part, otherwise hard getting it out without a temper tantrum! The picture shows the note placed in the main body of the capsule, if you do this, it is very difficult to remove.
Published on 2 Jan. 2011 by M Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for carrying emergency cash, 2 Mar. 2010
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)

You fold your money in half, then half again. Slide it in a metal clip and start winding it up. Then push it in the lid and screw the base on tight. This is a waterproof seal and when attached to your key ring, no one would know that you are carrying money around. A great device that appears to be well thought out and well made.

The only slight criticism is that it is hard to fold away larger notes due to their bigger size, and sometimes can take a few attempts to get it right.

Nevertheless, whenever I go out, I can always be assured that I will have some cash on me if needed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stocking filler, 2 Jan. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Cash stash - great for travelling!, 21 Jan. 2010
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)
When looking at the pictures I did wonder how on earth you could fit a note into such a small space - it just doesn't seem possible - and I'm guessing no thief is going to be eyeing up your keyrings with that in mind either.

I spend a lot of time abroad and a secret stash like this is just the thing when you find you've been stolen from - or even if you simply forgot your wallet on the way to the shops, or have spent a liiiitle too much on a night out when it comes to the taxi home...

Whatever you use it for, its handy, waterproof and you never know when it might save the day!

5.0 out of 5 stars feng shui, 24 Jan. 2010
R. YORK (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)
I folded up a £50 note into mine, on the premise that if I never spend it - I can never be broke and "I'll always have enough money" and it took a month or so for the resistance of keeping it rather than spending it to subside and once I got past that point, keeping it is easy and since then, my wallet has always had more money that I need in it - it's really a weird psychological shift to make but well worth it.

The actual cash-safe itself is sturdy, solid and waterproof and fit for purpose, whether it's emergency cash or otherwise.
It could also be used as a lost-keys-reward if you stuck your phone number in with the money.
"This is a cash reward for returning my keys safely back to me +phonenumber+".

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, 28 Mar. 2010
H. Edmond (Uk, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)
I bought this item for my sister as a stocking filler, when it arrived I thought I must have one of these. They are small and compact and do exactly what it says on the label. Although sometimes it is quite fiddly to put the notes in. Other than that its a great pressie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 3 Jan. 2012
Amazon Customer "Fiona" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)
What a great little gadget, you can carry spare cash, great if you have a habit of forgetting to go to the ATM.

The capsule is truly tiny, I was wondering how I was supposed to fit the cash into it. However once the package was opened and the capsule was unscrewed there is a fake note wrapped round the little winder thing you get to tighten the note. The winder thing means you can easily pull the money out.

Just as well as the note has to be very tightly twisted round the winder. to get it into the capsule. It took me several attempts and a lot of fiddling to get the note in.

The capsule is small enough to be attached to a keychain or snapped onto a zipper. I have mine attached to my rucksack.

One quibble I have is that the packaging the capsule came in was those horrible sealed jobs that required scissors to open them. I hate them they are very tricky to get into. Plus the capsule is very small and the packaging was very large. Waste aware anyone?

Another quibble is that the capsule is so tiny that the note has to be very, very tightly packed into the body, if you pack it incorrectly then the threads of the top are covered, and the top does not screw tight properly. I needed several attempts to get the darn thing screwed on tightly.

Overall I like this item and would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Emergency money, 4 Mar. 2013
Simon B (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)
This little chap has been dangling off my keys for 2 years now. It's had a fairly rough existence - mostly spent in the dark of a jeans pocket, wrestling with loose change and other sundry items, but it's still in good working order!

I took out the metal clip thingy in the capsule itself, as it only took up extra space and didn't help (imho) to roll up a note. Overall a handy little thing to have on your keyring.

People who see it seem to feel perfectly entitled to open it up to see what's in it. For this reason, I have replaced the £20 note with a small piece of paper on which is written: 'If you're reading this, then you're owe me a pint. And you're a nosey parker.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Cashstash, 19 Jan. 2010
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)
Great gift, practical and well made, makes giving money a little bit different and you know they will never run out. Small enough and tough enough to go on a key chain.

4.0 out of 5 stars A tale of two capsules, 11 Oct. 2010
J. Cooper (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)
I bought a couple of these capsules as stocking fillers for members of my family. It's a good design but a little bit fiddly to assemble with the cash inside. I would advise people to take their time and make sure that the seal is tight.

If put together well, it's a very handy and discreet capsule for use in emergencies. It seems robust, well made and perfect for its purpose.

If not put together well, the owner of the capsule is left with a useless swinging lid and the small consolation that they have helped brighten the day of the stranger who will come across their £20 quid...

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little cash reserve, 4 Sept. 2010
TonyD "biotone" (Up North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver (Sports)
Very neat, well made, matt-finish capsule with a screw closure, that doesn't take up much space on a key ring, and will always be there for those times when you don't have enough (or any) cash on you.
There's a bit of a knack folding a larger denomination note up small enough and rolling it around the clip provided in the capsule, but once it's in, you can forget about it until you need it - definitely recommended.

True Utility Cashstash Cash Capsule Silver