5.0 out of 5 stars Interview Experts - Job Interview Skills Made Easy for me
I had applied for a Directors Position for an International Company.
My comfort zone is a Senior Departmental Manager and I was accepted for a first interview from the contents of my CV.

I had recently purchased the Interview Experts DVD's 1&2 and studied them with
interest. I was able to play, pause and digest their contents, taking notes
along...
Published on 29 Sept. 2009 by Mr. C. Groves

1.0 out of 5 stars utter garbage
I regret wasting my money on this DVD. I suspect many of the reviews on this page are bogus. The answers given by the candidates are very poor and I wouldn't employ someone who said such things. You would have to be extraordinarily bad at interviews to benefit from this. My main criticisim is that in an interview, the candidate should do a fair bit for the talking, to...
Published on 20 Feb. 2011 by bigflat

5.0 out of 5 stars Interview Experts - Job Interview Skills Made Easy for me, 29 Sept. 2009
Mr. C. Groves (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 135 Interview Questions & Answers DVD (Definitive Guide to the Best Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions) (DVD)
I had applied for a Directors Position for an International Company.

I had recently purchased the Interview Experts DVD's 1&2 and studied them with
interest. I was able to play, pause and digest their contents, taking notes
along the way. After I had looked at both DVD's I was made to feel at ease with any interview questions I may encounter. I attended a First Interview and was able to meet the challenges and be informed, using the recorded techniques. I was able to research around 100 questions, which I may have been asked and found 25 possible questions to ask my future employer. Now, I have been accepted for a 2nd Interview.

In summary, I could not imagine going to another interview without giving these
discs another run through.

A worthwhile package and worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy! Highly recommended, 24 Nov. 2010
I was so pleased to have found this DVD, which was a combined package with Interview Techniques (and a CD).

The information is imparted in a very clear and easy to access format, on a whole range of issues/situations and with excellent guidance on the psychological aspects of the interview process - such as mirroring posture/tone/pitch, etc.. The quality of the contributors was also excellent.

From experience within the job-hunting marketplace, I have to say that this has been one of the best forms of insights I've encountered - both imparting highly valuable information succinctly and intelligently, and in being in a format which is easily accessible and well paced and, most importantly, with memorable content.

I would highly recommend the series of DVDs by Cavendish Films, as they cover all the essentials of excelling in the interview process, in associated tests, skills assessment, confidence-building, etc..

For me, it has been a very positive purchase and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful Material, 3 Aug. 2010
To get to interview stage in any jobhunt is a result. But you still need to create an impact so that what comes through on your CV is brought out by how you perform at the interview. Image and Performance count more at inteviews than technical ability, so preparation for the event matters.
This DVD highlights what you could be asked at interviews, and what the interviewer is looking for in your response. This way you have the means to formulate and deliver better responses. In previous experiences I could only identify with the examples of how NOT to answer questions...
Some of the questions may not be relevant to your situation. But in reviewing the material you receive ideas on what to prepare for, how to sell your skills during this process.
This DVD is essential interview preparation material. And the team who produce the DVD are also very helpful. What more can you ask for? And the DVD is cheaper than the best consultancy. Go for it - Give yourself an edge - and best of luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one to get if you want that job, 9 Sept. 2009
Having enjoyed their other DVD title, The Interview Experts with 207 Interview Techniques, I had to get this. I wasn't disappointed as both products are excellent. The quality of the content and the actor's performances is very high.

You can select by topic e.g. Competency Questions, or watch Good Answers or Bad Answers. The latter is like watching outtakes from TV! I didn't know whether to laugh out loud or cringe at some of the snswers.

Interviewing is a bit like a sports match. This DVD puts you in the zone ready to respond to the interviewer's questions. As a senior manager with 30+ years experience I have found it very useful. With 2 daughters shortly to be Uni graduates I will let them watch these as well as they provide essential preparation for the "real" world.

Both buy and get that job! But please, not if I'm the rival candidate!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB INTERVIEW GUIDE, 21 Dec. 2010
A fantastic addition to your library. Be ahead of the game, they say fail to plan and prepare to fail, no such thing if you watch and digest the content.

Good CV advice on layout and follow up.

Objective, precise and practical, these techniques are simply superb and will put you in the driving seat in any interview.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide to succeeding at interview!, 9 July 2010
I purchased this after buying the Interview Skills DVD from the range. I was really impressed with the first DVD and this one did not disappoint either.

I would especially recommend it to be watched and used in conjunction with the Interview Skills DVD, which has lots of tips centre around preparation. This DVD concentrates on the interview itself and provides both "right" and "wrong" answers to each question. It's also packed full of advice from professionals.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 15 Aug. 2010
I bought "The Interview Experts 3 DVDs pack" which included the following:
Disk 1 - 207 Interview Techniques
Disk 2 - 135 Interview Answers
Disk 3 - Audio CD

I must say all of these have been an indispensable guide in my recent interviews (waiting for outcome).
It provides a guide to answer tough questions and the interview technique are very useful.
Although it seems bit expensive initially but if you get a job then it will pay off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 9 Aug. 2010
Absolutely fantastic to have all the information relayed in such a constructive, supportive snd concise way. Wish I had found these DVDs months ago, I can now see where I let myself down and looking forward to putting it into practice at my next interview.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got the job!!!, 11 Aug. 2010
Delighted with purchase! I watched the DVD two weeks ago which was very good. Played the CD in car on way to interview last week to help get me focused. Guess what - They offered me the job at the end of interview. The CD definelty helped. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential viewing in the current market, 15 July 2011
I cant vouch for how well this will get a job since I have only just received it and currently am still unemployed. This is primarily aimed at those in the business world rather than trying to get a job as a fitness trainer or in a retailer for example. The principles still work but for those not in the business sector this may come across as a little daunting.

It starts with a brief view on CV preparation and this is essential to get you the interview. That said I have found that a combination of online jobsites and assistance from my previous employer helped me more since I was able to see and apply the layouts more easily than with a DVD.

The interview preparation, questions and your performance are the most important things on the discs and these are very thorough. Its long (set aside about 3 hours or more to work through the DVDs) and you may neet to pause and take notes as to how you would answer some of the questions suggested.

I found the whole thing initially made me concerned about the number of pitfalls I could make and how hard this all seemed but by watching this I feel I am better prepared and after a few more viewings, some practicing with friends etc I think its quite possible to give yourself a bulletproof interview technique.

This DVD will open your eyes to the interviewer's perspective and without it you are in danger of being fundamentally under equiped.

I have but one criticism and that is that I ordered mine direct from the publisher and whilst its professional and you get a lot for your money the discs used seem to be like those you burn in a dvd writer (ie purple data layer) which are not as resilient as pressed ones.