on 18 December 2009
Bought it for backups and external storage. Looks great, small, light, quiet, doesn't get hot. Has backup software. Preformated as FAT32.
Although backup software seemed good used just once and then went back to Windows Backup.

One thing to note: it comes with a short USB cable (about 15cm) - perfect for use with a laptop, might not be perfect if you intend to use with a desktop PC.
on 7 October 2010
HAving spent years saving pictures etc on my laptop I decided that I wanted to 'put' these files somewhere else. A friend had bought a hard drive recently so my search began. I have always liked Toshiba; not only is it a well respected brand but they tend to have that little extra.

I was not disappointed! Having found this on Amazon, not only was it a great price but it is also VERY stylish. I have seen some that look very chunky and are or look quite boxy. This not only has a massive 320gb memory but is SO stylish!! I no longer use a pen drive when i go to relatives to give them pictures that I have taken and using this has prompted other members of my family to buy one as well.

I bought this item with the case recommended by amazon and i'm so glad that i did!

Downside....mmmm...none really. I have NO problem recommending this product. If your looking for a stylish hard drive that doesn't break the bank then look no further...this one is great and even in the case I haven't found it too bulky!
on 25 September 2010
I bought a Toshiba external drive to be able to keep a backup of documents etc. while I take the toshiba laptop away on business trips. The laptop has been excellent, so I bought a matching external drive (320GB).
My expereince has been that its true that it works out of the box, but it is painfully slow. Typically 3 hours to run a simple "my documents" backup. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong, but there is no manual and I cannot find any operating instructions on the Toshiba website. Very frustrating, and the unintentional result is that I just dont use it. I would not buy another because of the lack of backup.
Can anybody help?
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2010
Great product. Easy to use, just plug it in. Have had no problems using it so far (which is great as my previous hard drive corrupted all my music files)!
on 19 February 2010
I love this product, it works very well for me, fast, quiet, and very portable. The price is also very reasonable for the machine
on 16 February 2010
Arrived in timely fashion. Plug and play with XP, lightweight and very portable. Very impressed with it.
on 19 March 2010
Sharing a laptop with my son gave me concern for my 6000 plus images stored on its hard drive, after many weeks of serching for a reliable storage device and reading other people's reviews on Amazon, I went for the Toshiba HDDR320E04EL CS 320GB USB. Unwrapped it, plugged it in and transfered my data, all over in less than 30 minutes and data is tranfered and safe, what more could I ask for.
on 5 June 2012
Looks nice, confusing software for back up. However within 6 months problems started occurring.
Now I have lost all my data, all my work, the drive has failed and I may have to pay £400 to have data recovered in a clean room. which will obviously invalidate the warranty and with no guarantee of success..
I am gutted that I trusted my data to this drive..
on 29 November 2010
Hi

just I am using the item from one 1 month go, but Until now is works good
on 15 July 2013
I don't go into too much details but it has worked for me for ~3 years now and have had no problems. Haven't been using any of the software that came with it. I've got no reason to complain (even the cable what I slightly suspected is still working) and hence full stars.