5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down - Highly addictive!!!
Published on 2 Oct 2009 by Bramley

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but not THAT good!
I love playing Puzzle games on my DS, I've got lots of them. I would probably have bought Puzzler World anyway eventually but having enjoyed the first version and seeing all these 5 star reviews on here I made it a priority.

Published on 19 Nov 2009 by Fingers11

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down - Highly addictive!!!, 2 Oct 2009
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Wow, what a great game - Only arrived yesterday and can't put it down, even my 5 year old has picked it up to play some of the more visual puzzles including a puzzle called link a pix. After picking it up, instantly you can see the improvements over my old puzzler collection game with lots more puzzle variety. Along with the normal puzzles such as crossword and sudoku, you can now play wordsearch, codewords, fitwords, silhoutte, link a pix, spot the difference, and at the end of a completed puzzle you also get some great little bonus games to collect more tokens. The tokens are excellent as I am useless at codewords, and can now use the tokens to help complete the puzzle.

Now need to keep it away from my husband!!!!

Happy to recommend this game

Kate x

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Oct 2009
David (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Picked this up today and have only just put it down to write this,

I now own both Puzzler titles and this is great improvement on the original. The screen is clear and easy to work with the new puzzles are fun and intuitive. It takes up from where Puzzler 1 left off but seems to have ironed out the graphical and gameplay flaws of the original. The new reward mechanism is fun and something that was missing from its first outing.

Its a must have if you like Puzzles, this is genuinely very good indeed

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Improvement, 10 Oct 2009
Mrs V (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is a huge improvement from the first Puzzler game (which we loved). Much clearer, more to do, easier to move around and more games and challenges within each mode. A total must-have if you like this sort of thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puzzling fun at its very best!!, 19 Oct 2009
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I've been playing puzzle games since the earliest days of video gaming. As an avid fan of Crosswords and Codewords I picked up Puzzler World on the advice of a friend. The game is quite simply brilliant. From a massive range of varied puzzles to an inspired progression system, that makes you want to `have one more go' every time you try and put it down, Puzzler World is genuinely hard to fault.

From a puzzling purists point of view the Crosswords, Su-Do-Ku and Codewords are very easy to use, with a perfectly balanced difficulty curve. However the game comes into its own with the excellent range of puzzles. If you find that your brain is fried after a particularly tricky Su-Do-Ku then simply play a Word Search or a Fit Word to unwind the grey matter. Other puzzle type include Spot-The-Difference and Silhouette which is not so much a puzzle as a diversion but that said it's a hugely enjoyable one, allowing you to easily earn hint tokens.

Hint tokens are a God send when you are playing a particularly tough puzzle as they always give you just enough help to complete the most dastardly of Crosswords or Codewords. I've started playing the easier puzzles just to build up my hint tokens, ensuring that I never find myself stuck and unable to continue. Each of the major puzzle types has a sub puzzle as a bonus game, which you unlock once you have successfully completed a puzzle. From a game of Hangman to the massively enjoyable Chain Letters the bonus games add another dimension to an already complete gaming experience.

And then there is the hidden gem that is Link-A-Pix!! This is not a puzzling concept that I am familiar with and at first I could get my head around exactly how I was meant to play it. And then I had an epiphany (I actually read the in game instructions) and now I cannot stop playing the game. It's sublime in its simplicity and devious to the `nth degree. I don't k now if this exists in print form and if it does I don't know how it works BUT as a digital puzzle its incredible and I am totally addicted!!

Puzzler World has everything that I could wish for from a puzzle game and I for one would recommend it to everyone and anyone that I know that has a DS!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but not THAT good!, 19 Nov 2009
Fingers11 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)

Once it arrived I was a little suprised and dissapointed! When you buy a puzzle game you know what to expect (and it's what you want) crosswords, sodoku etc. all the stuff you'd usually do on the way to work in the paper but it's so much easier on a DS. All that is there and it's fine. However, the new stuff that's been added is not great at all, it's too simplistic and seems to be aimed at kids with stuff like hangman, colouring and Jigsaws. Also the handwriting feature is so frustrating, no-where near as good as in other games I have. Maybe thats to tempt younger people to play, but lets get real, what chance have I got of getting my son to ditch his Fifa 10 or Super Mario Brothers for Puzzler world...none!

All in all I'd say the game is OK, but i as an avid puzzle fan I was hoping for more complex puzzles to keep me hooked on my way to and from work on the train everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puzzler World, 19 Nov 2009
H. Miller (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This game has Wordsearch, Crossword, Sudoku, Spot-the-Difference, Silhouette, Codeword, Fitword and Link-a-Picks. They are all addictive but I liked Link-a-Picks the best. Although you can play any type of game you like in quickplay mode, there is also a challenge mode with a mix of 560 games to complete. Also when each game is complete you get another small game added to each one and each time you win a game you get treats to add to the fun. I really recommend this game and I have hardly put it down since getting it.

5.0 out of 5 stars DS PUZZLING FUN, 2 Oct 2009
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Fabulous game, and so much more puzzling fun than the normal word style puzzle games, and even better than my last puzzler ds game - more puzzle types, easier to use, clear screens and instant reactions when something is touched (Something my last game suffered from). Also has the benefit of bonus games to help add hint tokens to use against those harder puzzles.

You won't be dissapointed if you love puzzles.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Puzzling fun, 23 Nov 2009
Fatcatkim (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I have been playing this every day for a couple of weeks and am still loving it. I love the fact there are so many different types of games/puzzles on here for all levels and ages ~ it will keep me and my family entertained for a long while yet as there are so many puzzles on there. My absolute favourite is Link a Pix, and I enjoy hangman. You wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars raineys, 2 Oct 2009
L. Morrison - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I really love! Easy for kids to play. Lots of games to play and if you enjoyed the first one you will love this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mix of games, 16 July 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This has the following games:
Crossword - quite easy - ie not cryptic and straighforward clues - very easy to navigate around the puzzle
Sudoko - starts with grid with numbers 1-6 and then has full size grids - not too challenging - and has the facility to note up to 4 digits in a square
Wordsearch - probably aimed at children - no real challenge in looking for words
Fitword - just fitting words into a grid - not very challenging
Codeword - excellent - much more fun to do than with pencil and paper (crossword grid with numbers replacing the letters you have to work out what letter is represented by which number)
Silhouette - just a childs colouring in game - but actually quite satisfying to do on the DS
link a pix - I'd never seen this before - joining numbers in a grid to build a picture - very addictive
spot the difference - childs game but some of them are quite hard

Also some bonus puzzles like hangman, equate (insert + - X etc to get the required answer from combining three numbers) jigsaw, a memory game, and a missing piece puzzle.

I really only play codeword, crossword and link a pix - but am happy with the puzzle for these

It keeps track of your best scores and there are slots to save progress for up to three people

Puzzler World (Nintendo DS)
Puzzler World (Nintendo DS) by Ubisoft (Nintendo DS)