5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with mine
Published on 13 May 2011 by IanS

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Warrenty Service
Having been intially please with my watch, I was disapointed when after 2 months the Braclet lug on the watch snapped off while I was typing on my PC.I return the watch to Casio under Warrenty only to be informed that Casio warrenty does not cover the watch case.How they justify that the case is not part of the watch, but a consumable I do not understand. Having had...
Published on 20 July 2012 by tonyr

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with mine, 13 May 2011
IanS "ians" (South West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Gents Illuminator Combination Watch AW-81D-2AVES (Watch)
I bought this as a replacement for a Casio that gave great service for 18 years but was a bit irritating mainly due to the plastic strap breaking every three years. Replacements are still available direct from Casio UK but I decided to have a new watch with a metal strap instead, also solving two other minor irritations with the old one. I wanted the ability read the time in the dark, and prefer an analogue display for quicker time reading, but did not want to lose useful digital bells and whistles such as stopwatch and alarm.

This watch fulfills all my needs and looks better than the oversaturated colouring in the photo suggests. The blue is much more subdued.

The case is basically resin with an upper shell that may or may not be metal - hard to say - with a stainless steel back. The strap is all stainless steel. I needed to remove a couple of links which I did after reading a guide I found through Google, though I used different tools from those shown. Some people would probably want to take it to a shop instead.

The electronics are supposed to give 10 year battery life, according to a stamp on the back. If you want to see the manual, search for Casio module 2747 - Casio makes a PDF available for download.

I paid £25 for mine including delivery. This was the cheapest in-stock price I could find on the net - from a seller on That Very Well Known Auction Site.

I have only just received the watch. First impressions are very good and I will post again if I change my mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good watch, 19 July 2013
D. Stevens - See all my reviews
This is the second of these that I have ( the old one still works well but is a bit battered after 7 or more years of me not being careful with it), don't get me wrong it is not damaged but just a little tired looking. I am surprised that it is still in production. That in itself says how successful this watch is. I was really looking for a different watch but this still seems to be one of the nicest looking watches. The plus or minus 30 seconds a month seems a bit pessimistic I find perhaps + or minus 8 seconds is closer ( I have never had to reset the time until BST changes) The battery in my old watch has never been replaced so the 10 year life looks good. All in all excellent value.

4.0 out of 5 stars TIME to get a new watch !, 25 May 2012
Stylish looking watch at a nice price. Easy to set up and comfortable to wear. Reputable brand , always good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars casio never disappoints always delivers, 14 Jun 2013
the quality of casio products is very good, I have never had any complaints in the past and would recommend them to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality built product, 25 Jun 2013
I'm really happy that it's as described. I'm buying for my friend and he is happy as ever. It feels really nice on his hand and plan to buy one for his dad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks more expensive than it was..., 24 Jun 2012
This watch was bought as a present for my uncle, never seen him take it off. It looks like it cost more than it actually did, which is the basis of all good present buying ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars great looking watch for the price, 2 May 2013
love it easy to work & clear to see fits with comfort on wrist and looks well and fits in with all my gear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for everyday use, 14 Dec 2012
I had purchased an identical watch many years ago and when the battery eventually ran down, I decided to buy a new watch as the old one ( understandably ) was looking a bit worn. I was delighted when I found that the identical model was still available.
I like the clear dial and the countdown timer is a boon when cooking and for keeping a check on parking!

4.0 out of 5 stars I am impressed by thiswatch but I have a very small wrist and I ..., 11 July 2014
I am impressed by this watch but I have a very small wrist and I had extreeme difficulty in taking links out of the bracelet even though I have a multitude of tools and have had former workshop experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 20 Feb 2013
It does what it says on the label. I get a travel watch displaying dual time zones without having to wear a pretentious dual faced watch. It is so modestly priced it is not worth commenting on. What is not to like?