on 10 June 2011
I looked at this torch in a well known hardware store and really liked the fine finish and the vivid colour. It's price was too much for an instant purchase and would have to wait for a special occasion. I looked on the net for the item and was surprised when Amazon were offering them at a price that was too good to refuse. So, I made an instant purchase and was not disappointed when the product arrived. It was exactly the torch I fancied and the price including postage was very good value. It also performs as good as it looks.

mike
on 10 October 2012
This torch is excellent - a lot larger in person than it appeared to me in the product illustration - it measures exactly 11 and a half inches in length. The beam it projects is extremely bright and powerful. I just ordered 4 more! One for me for the trunk of my car (my old halogen Everready is nearly gone and the replacement battery costs more than the Rolson Torch to replace!) and three for impressed family members. Highly recommend this. Will be posting up pics...
review image review image review image
on 10 December 2011
I received my torch this week. I was sent a red one, which I like.

The torch did come with batteries and similar to what another reviewer had said, the torch did not work at first. I opened up my torch and found some clear, round, thin pieces of plastic that were stuck to the base of the battery, in between the -ve terminal and the spring in the screw top at the bottom of the torch. Once I had removed that plastic, the torch clicked on and shone a cool white beam. Yes, blindingly bright at close range.

Unlike MagLites this torch does not have an adjustable beam, and the beam fades quite quickly. Good for searches in a dark attic, or a quick nip to the garden shed, but I had hoped for something brighter and with a stronger beam.

None the less for the money, and that the light source are LEDs and the energy demand is lower than incandescent bulbs, I think it is a good buy, although if it broke or got stolen I would probably not buy the same one again.
on 16 December 2011
The torch arrived with batteries included and loaded, but on pressing the switch the torch failed to light. I unscrewed the base to find that all four batteries had leaked badly and attached to the last battery was the terminal for the bulb fitting! It had corroded so badly it completely fell apart. Returned for refund.

I have since spoken to another person who has had exactly the same experience (not ordered from Amazon) with a similar Rolson torch. Avoid!
on 10 April 2011
I got this particular type of torch after a friend managed to forever scar my retinas with his.

It's indeed bright and serves to provide a field of view that gets hazy around the 20-25 metre mark, with some suggestions of what's ahead at the 30 metre mark. The range of view is also reasonably impressive for its price, extending out from the source to blanket a fairly wide area.

Being essentially nothing but a aluminum pipe attached to a circuit board surrounded by yet more aluminium the torch is relatively hardy yet light. Those inclined to brain their beloveds in the dark for scaring them in their ghost costumes will be most pleased.
on 28 September 2015
This is a fantastic torch for the price, so much so that I went and bought two. The build quality is very good and you can tell it from the way the body of the torch screws together perfectly. It does not rattle at all and everything appears to be well made and machined. It would certainly seem the outer casing is sound enough to be shower proof anyway.

A lot of people have mentioned how they found the beam weak. This torch is crammed with LEDs and I can't see how they would be weak. The problem is that the torch is shipped with very cheap D sized batteries included. As such, if you compare one of these batteries to a conventional premium one, from Energiser or Duracell, they feel barely half the weight. Thus I have replaced all the original batteries for premium branded ones and suddenly the torch shines brightly and coherently and I dare say battery life would be longer. To be honest I would suggest the supplier stops shipping the torch with batteries and just reduces the price slightly so people can buy their own decent ones.
on 24 February 2012
The Rolson brand has been around for quite a time and getting popular. Well constructed. Some torches were a bit of a 'hit or miss' when LED's were introduced for items like torches, mainly due to the lack of LED's used. LED.... (Light Emmiting Diode)
This particular model (60750 95 LED) the '95' denoted the amount of LED's there are. Dont let the amount of the LED's put you off in respect of brighness.....the more there are, the better and brighter the light, this model can partially blind you if you are daft enough to look into it. (like I did!!)
Considering the Torch comes with the usual (unbranded ) cheap batteries, they last exceptionally well.(think how long they would last with the popular brands) Certainly an improovement on 'light bulbs' that kill the life out of batteries in no time!
Price wise, about average accross the board, but if you cant get them locally, Amazon delivers free of charge anyway! The ones we have are used every night and in all weathers, they have to score five out of five.
on 29 December 2015
This is the second of these we have bought (the first one is still going strong after about 2 years). Great torch, very bright, long battery life. Quite large, not a pocket edition (unless you have specially adapted trousers), it doubles as a potential weapon if you are going after mystery noises in the dark Scooby-Doo-style.
on 25 June 2013
Good torch, not quite as bright as i expected with 95 leds but still very good,I had a job getting it to work even after taking out the clear plastic film in the unscrewable base,So i unscrewed the top in two parts , cleaned the terminals with a tissue replaced batteries
{supplied} and hey presto ! a good strong beam shone out.The torch is 11.5 inches long {29 cms} . The one i received was black.
Altogether well pleased.
on 31 October 2011
Be warned! This product is finished to a poor standard. The first one arrived in what I thought was a damaged condition and I guessed it could have been due to the poor packaging. The silver coating on the rim of the torch was damaged and missing on one section. I do not like to receive damaged goods.I promptly arranged to return it. The replacement arrived very quickly but had a similar problem with the finishing on the rim near the lens. If the finishing is coming off when in a new condition I dread to think what it will be like after a bit of use. It is clearly of a poor standard of manufacture and I would not recommend it at all - unless you don't mind the thing looking worn before you have used it.