on 23 December 2010
I bought this projector to replace an ageing Optoma H30 (800x600) projector, and connected it up through my Yamaha 2065 and pioneer Blue ray, and i was immediately impressed with the picture, with bright animation type movies it looks great, but when watching Batman The dark knight, black levels were only fairly good, after a great deal of fiddling the picture was somewhat improved and it was night and day better than my old unit, as you would expect being 6 years newer.

when i was choosing which pj it was a toss up between the HD 20 and the HD600x, though the 600 is much cheaper it does have 3d support, albeit to watch 3d blue ray you will need the 3d converter being released next year (bringing the total cost to the same as Hd20), but it is only 720p. I decided that the 1080p picture of the hd20 would be preferable as i was unlikely to watch a great deal of 3d content and it was a good choice.

One thing i would say is that some people are more succeptable to the rainbow effect inherent in DLP projectors than others. I cant see it at all on this unit, but i couldny see it on my old pj either so was confident it wasnt going to be an issue. try before you buy, find a local AV dealer and see if they have any DLP units to trial to see if you are succeptable.
on 18 December 2010
I would have given in 5* if it had also had an S-Video input. A little backward-compatibility goes a long way...
However, the rest of the product is brilliant.
At this price, getting an 1920 x 1080 HD projector is pretty incredible.

It is easy to setup and easy to use.
Beautiful, big HD picture.
Makes a great upgrade from my 10 year old projector and the difference in quality is mind-blowing!

... Right; back to playing Call of Duty... :)
on 27 September 2014
Does the job well except that our lounge is South facing, and we need to close the curtains during the (sunny) days. Other wise, a good clear well defined picture. The lamp supplied in the projector only lasted 1860 hours, but the replacement has lasted well over 3,200 hours so far.
on 10 November 2014