4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and lovely wood
Published on 1 Feb. 2009 by Emily's mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Base is not solid wood!
Published 2 months ago by Kerrera

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and lovely wood, 1 Feb. 2009
We bought this toybox for our daughter to have in the lounge as it looks like a nice piece of 'grown-up' furniture as well as being for children. The wood is lovely and it was very easy to put together. It is the size as advertised but seemed a bit smaller than I expected....however it's great as it means anything that doesn't fit will have to go upstairs. Saying that, we have nowhere near filled it yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and sturdy, 26 Feb. 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I was pleased with this toy box, I particularly liked that it has a soft close lid so there are no trapped fingers. It comes as a flat pack but wasn't too difficult to put together. The wood is thick and sturdy and the box has a strong hard board base so appears like it will easily stand up to a bit of a battering! The wood quality is generally good but there are a few joins which show up because the colour didn't match. Over all though, I thought this was a good buy and a nice enough piece of furniture to have in the lounge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Pintoy Natural Toy Chest (Kitchen & Home)
If there is one thing I have learnt being a mum it is that you spend more time and money replacing cheap items, they are a false economy. Thankfully, I bought this one seven years ago (OMG!) and it is still going strong. Perfect condition still, aside from the obvious pen marks and stickers, but with that even my walls didn't manage to go untouched.

The slow close is great, stops the slam, but mind fingers on the sides, as with all boxes. Incredibly durable, it has held everything from brio train sets to hotwheels and dolls, being climbed on, bashed and kicked it is still standing strong. Once the kiddies are done with it I will paint it a nice farrow and ball colour and make good use of it as a shoe box in the hall.

3.0 out of 5 stars Base is not solid wood!, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Pintoy Natural Toy Chest (Kitchen & Home)
When I purchased this I expected a solid chest. What I did get was a solid sides and a solid lid however the bottom of the chest is the week point. The bottom is inserted into a groove however once inserted the bottom is a couple of mill short and is not held in by all four sides. In addition to this the base is made of a thin piece of plywood. I'm not sure sure if I will be sending this back I can't imagine it will stand up to my 8 year old boy and his ever increasing car collection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Thought this was a good product - but broke after a year, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pintoy Natural Toy Chest (Kitchen & Home)
Initially thought this was good at first - as it is a good size and holds a decent amount of toys. However, it developed a crack/fault in the 'lid' of the product - which has now just split properly, so will have to replace as would be dangerous for small children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy Box, 4 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Pintoy Natural Toy Chest (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent quality of wood, easy to put together, perfect size and looks great! Great hinge so no little fingers will be trapped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy box and good value, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Pintoy Natural Toy Chest (Kitchen & Home)
Arrived quickly, easy to assemble. For us this for box is just the right size so that it doesn't dominate the living room and goes well with our flooring. The safety hinge feature works well. No trapped fingers so far and our eleven month old does seem to like the sound of slamming the lid! Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product., 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pintoy Natural Toy Chest (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this chest as a toy box for my daughter who has a 6 months old baby. She is delighted with it and remarked what good quality it was and nice enough to keep in the lounge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my little one, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pintoy Natural Toy Chest (Kitchen & Home)
Easy to put together. Not too big so easily able to rotate toys and doesn't take up too much space in the living room

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Toy Box, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Pintoy Natural Toy Chest (Kitchen & Home)
The box is good and easy to build, however it is far too small. I guess that's my fault for not reading the dimensions carefully enough.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›