5.0 out of 5 stars Worth While Buy
This tripod does exactly what it was made for, light use and ideal fro travelling. The body and legs are robust and fully adjustable which makes it great for out doors when your off hiking.

Published on 8 Mar. 2012 by Reckshaw

2.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work as expected
Published 11 months ago by Viking

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth While Buy, 8 Mar. 2012
This review is from: 7dayshop Tripod - 3 Section Aluminium Max Height 67cm. Small Tough and Fully Featured "Baby" Tripod with Case - Great for Travel, Walking and Close up Work (Electronics)

I used mine on an uneven/rocky hill in Scotland to take a portrait shot with a Sony a200 using a 70mm-300mm lens. I had to fiddled a bit to get the balance right but once I got use to that it worked out fine.
The connections may become loose over time but at the £7.49 you wont mind so much if this happens to you.

If your looking for an inexpensive travel/ desktop tripod this could be the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby tripod from 7dayshop, 28 Nov. 2012
Received this tripod through the post very promptly from 7dayshop. The tripod was well packaged and upon opening I was most impressed with the build quality considering its low price. The stand itself is of pretty impressive build quality and is very stable when the camera is placed in position. I have a Nikon D3100 so it isn't as if it is a lightweight compact camera. Movement on the head is smooth and with the quick release for the camera fitted, it means it is quick and easy to fit the camera.
I bought this tripod with the intention of using for travel photography and it ticks all the boxes here. Lightweight, sturdy and compact. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed!!!, 6 Jun. 2012
Despite reading the other good reviews about this item, when it arrived I was totally amazed at just how good it is. First question is how do they produce such a quality item and sell it for under 11 pounds?

Setting it up in my living room I understood why it gets such good reviews. It is the most stable tripod of this size that I have ever used. It's quick and easy to set up and adjust, and everything has a 'quality' feel when it's handled.

As it says "fully featured" and you get everything that you need including the ability to shoot in portrait format. The carrying case is also of good quality, not the very thin nylon material that I was expecting, and would tear the first time that I dropped the tripod into it in a hurry.

I like a tripod that is small enough to go into a backpack and be carried about almost anywhere I go. This one goes right into my backpack, and gives me a lot more confidence of a steady shot than the two or three that I have tried previously. I'm long-term unwaged due to chronic ill-health but even I would advise anybody to buy one of these at the price - they are literally giving them away! It's amazing how often all you will need is a tripod of this size, and I don't think even the fussiest photographer would complain about one this stable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 9 July 2012
As a novice photographer I didn't want to spend the earth on a table top tripod and was therefore impressed by the above reviews for this product and especially impressed by the price! Well it arrived today and it's brilliant. No instructions included, but it was easy to find my way around :) Can't wait to start using it for product photos for our online shop! Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 11 Sept. 2012
This tripod has far exceeded my expectations. It is a solid little thing, can be adjusted both in height and angle of shot and it folds down to fit neatly into its free carry case (Similar size to a boot bag). I trusted my camera would sit safely and securely from the off.

For the money it really is a very impressive item and definitely out performs much more expensive competition.

2.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work as expected, 13 April 2014
Bought this for my canon 450. Unfortunately it wasn't capable of holding it. Could not tighten the top to hold the camera in place. It looked sturdy enough, but wasn't. May be this was a one off? 7 Dayshop however was excellent. Refunded immediately and didn't want the item returned. Have bought from 7 Dayshop many times before (all excellent stuff) and their customer service is one of the best around, so would definitely buy from them again in the future! A pity that this one didn't work out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stocking filler for my husband, 28 Dec. 2012
The tripod exceded all my expectations for the price and my husband was really pleased with it.
He specialises in flower photography and this is great for indoor still life shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality mini-tripod, 28 Aug. 2012
I was already the owner of a mini-tripod from another maker and seeing this one at such a low price, I was somewhat sceptical about the quality. But I was amazed to find that this has all the features of a full-sized tripod and the quality is superb.
I don't know how they can manage to make it at this price, but I can highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really Poor Product, 15 Jan. 2013
I just received this tripod. I was amazed at the reviews it received and decided to buy one. This is not a 5 star tripod. It is a three star tripod priced as a 1 star tripod. Even at this low price I am very disappointed with the build quality. I just used the handle that extends the inner neck and the teeth have worn out after 15 seconds and now it is useless. Thoroughly unimpressed with this awful product. The only saving grace is that i only lost a small amount of money. I shall be seeking a refund. However, If this tripod were to work as intended, it would be excellent for timelapse, landscape and architectural photography. such a shame it didnt work out.

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent for the price, 23 Sept. 2013
Arrived safely in its own firm box, complete with thick, plasticated canvas[?] bag with adjustable strap,
on Monday morning, having been ordered only the previous Friday.

I have had a thorough look over it and generally I am very happy with it.

It is a brassy-coloured anodised aluminium and plastic affair. It appears to be well made,
despite what some others are saying to the contrary, although the plastic is a hard, brittle
plastic rather than the more flexible type. That said, the steel handle on the 'nodding' mechanism
shaft has a softer, rubberised feel and is very weighty; perhaps they could have made this
part a little lighter.

It is a fully functional mini tripod and I cannot get over how similar to my old 1980s tripod it is,
from the quick release legs to the leg lock on the outer shaft. In fact, it has two extra functions
that my old tripod does not have, namely, the spirit level and the quick release camera plate -
which it forces you to use because there is no access to the screw thread below the camera
even when it is in portrait position. Just leave the quick release on the camera and you are
ready to go.

The final lift ratchet is good for five complete turns and has real gear teeth that protrude from the
central pillar, rather than mere slots cut into the actual tube. This pillar extends almost the entire
length of the central tube for optimal adjustment height. The splines on the the ratchet that engage in
the teeth are plastic, so be careful not to over wind it past its 5 full turn limit and risk breaking them.

All the other screws appear to be metal and all retaining nuts are metal too - with the exception
of the 90 degree vertical-horizontal (portrait-landscape) camera plate. Here the thumbscrew is all
plastic with no metal nut inside. This causes me to fear over tightening it and, in fact, this is
the one adjustment that does not clamp firmly when it is as tight as I dare go. I would perhaps
try and find a replacement wing nut or similar.

I do not know how much retaining space is required for each quick release leg, but where they
may have missed a trick is that the actual legs do not extend as far as there appears to be room
still inside the leg it slots into. I could be wrong but they could have perhaps got another inch
or so out of each one[?] By not giving three extending sections, they have reduced the likelihood
of the final leg being so thin and spindly that the unit becomes unstable.

All in all, very good and worth the very small outlay, with renovations over the aforementioned
plastic thumbscrew.