5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase.
Published on 27 Dec 2009 by Miss Natty

3.0 out of 5 stars Water Brush Pens
These were the first water brushes tried and although the effects that can be achieved are brilliant, even if the art work isn't, I was a little disappointed in the quality of the water pens. The reservoirs appeared a bit thin and soft and one wondered if they might leak when carried.
However, if you are not sure whether it is worth spending more on something of a...
Published 13 months ago by Maggie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase., 27 Dec 2009
This review is from: Pentel Aquash Water Brush Pens Art & Craft 3 Pack - Fine, Medium & Broad Tip (Office Product)
No longer do I need to carry a water bottle, container and numerous brushes when painting indoors or outdoors. Excellent for use with watersoluble pencils and crayons. Pack contains 3 water brushes: fine, medium and large. The water brush barrels contain enough water, when filled, to complete several sketches without refilling. The water brushes are also very simple to clean. Delivery was prompt. Five Stars !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I wanted, 4 Dec 2010
As a newcomer to drawing and sketching, I had the watercolour pencils, water brush and ink pens demonstrated to me by a wonderfully enthusiastic art teacher. Most impressed by these "new" effects, I immediately surfed Amazon and found these. They arrived quickly and are perfect for the job. Nice design, don't leak, good choice of 3 brush widths in one package. I love using them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 15 Feb 2011
These three brushes of different sizes are especially useful with watercolour pencils. I wouldn't do without other brushes but they are a useful addition to my bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars super water brushes, 8 Dec 2011
Very strong hairs from the brush, I use them often and they do not show any sign of wear.
I am coloring my etchings in combination with Derwent Inktense pencils and it works wonderful.
Also the price is reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brillant, 21 July 2011
R. Tait (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
These are excellent - if you're unsure about trying these I'd say they're worth a go. They work perfectly, don't leak, and are extremely handy. I use them for splashing a bit of watercolor around when sketching. All three brush sizes are very useable, I'd be happy with any of the three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mess-free painting!, 26 Dec 2012
I was given this as a Christmas gift this year and, to be honest, I can NOT be any happier with it! I was on our couch, just doodling with pencils, when I had the sudden urge to paint. Usually when this happens, I am too lazy to get all of my paints out and set up on a table somewhere. So instead I scrap that idea and stop drawing all together. But today I used my water-soluble pencil crayons and then used my new water brushes. Not a spill, easy to clean and the brush-tip is self-cleaning so you don't need a jar of water to rinse the tip or a rag to remove excess water. All you need is another piece of paper and that's it.

Such a simple, inexpensive product. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. It may not be a substitute for brushes, but for quick works or for travelling, it's ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars artfun, 25 April 2012
jenny wren (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
Having looked at other people's reviews on this product I decided to try these new 'water' brushes for myself.
They are just what I have been waiting for when I go traveling with my pocket watercolour set.
I am very pleased with the quality and way they work. I also bought an ink filled one to compliment them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pentel water-brushes, 17 Jun 2011
These are great. If you are less than expert with water-colour brushes, then these "pens" are a real help to getting better drawing, and paint coverage, onto your surface.
I'm going to try them with acrylic inks on tee-shirts....
Get a set and have some fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very useful for location and studio work, 19 Aug 2013
A Common Reader "Committed to reading" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The idea of these is that you fill the reservoir with water, and then use them exactly like a brush but without the need for a water-container. This makes them perfect for outdoor work - there is no leakage of water while you are carrying them around and they can be used instantly as soon as you take the cap off them.

I saw a fellow-artist using these brushes with watercolour pencils and noticed how easily he could blend in the colours with them. With just a few watercolour pencils and one of these water-brushes you are equipped for any sketching trip. They also work fine with watercolour paint but you might find it easier to have a water-jar handy to rinse them out as you would soon get through the reservoir if you keen wanting to squeeze it to wash one colour out before putting another one on.

These are so good you wonder why not every water-media artist does not have them in their equipment box. Even if you don't want to use them often, they are useful for just touching up a finished painting - ideal for example for washing-out or replacing a bit of mis-placed colour.

A very good product - whenever I show them to a fellow-artist they always want one for themselves. A perfect gift of any water-colour painter or watercolour pencil painter.

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer to convenient water-based art., 3 Aug 2014
You can't beat these for convenience when drawing ink and wash, painting in watercolour, or using soluble pencil. Washing them is unnecessary - just swipe against a cloth or kitchen roll a few times to allow the water supply to wash through the fibres. It's a bit fiddly to get very dense colour from a palette because of the continuous water supply, but the benefits outweigh that for me. The brushes do not drip, they maintain aconsistent level of moisture in the fibres.