on 29 January 2014
I brought two chandeliers for my living room, they arrived quickly and undamaged . They look great once they are up but as the instructions are not clear for the long lengths of crystals you may want to do this first
1) get all ten lengths out if the box and divide them so that there are five shorter lengths and five longer ones . ( I thought they were all the same size at first )
2) attach the longer lengths all around the outside
3) attach the shorter lengths from the top of the chandelier coming down ( I did this once it was up) then I attached the bottom of the length to the glass dish (this also is not clear in the instructions ) but you can attach them to the arm if you want but it does hang better with it attached to the dish ( the bulb sits in) All the small droplets go on the glass dish of the light ( around the bulb ) the bigger ones go at the bottom
I then put the light up and checked it worked and finished putting all the droplets on AFTER it was put up as it is very hard to see when it is not hanging . You can put the lengths in different positions if you wish as there are many hooks this took a couple if hours! As I kept changing it ! By the second one I got the hang if it a did it all hanging ( on a ladder in about half hour! Although it took time I am very pleased with them ! They look lovely and would recommend them
on 11 July 2012
Description said ......... with glass droplets. No glass droplets whatsoever all acrylic. Very disappointing! The reason why I picked this product was the description said glass droplets. Very misleading description.
on 11 July 2012
This chandelier is NOT as stated with crystal droplets...they were acrylic. Definitely NOT what it says in the product description. Completely misleading.
on 28 December 2013
LOOKS AS GOOD AS WATERFORD CRYSTAL CHANDELIER. TOP QUALITY. AND WHEN IT IS LIT IT SPARKLES AS IT REFLECTS THE LIGHT
on 31 August 2012
I had been searching for a chandelier for the right price and when I ordered this one I wasn't disappointed when I received it 2 days later, its bigger than I hoped for and looks beautiful up. It was half its original price which was the icing on the cake.
on 16 September 2015
These chandeliers are brilliant value ( I bought 2 after seeing the first one)
These people are great to deal with, sorting out a problem I had the very next day.
The fitting instructions are also very good including the dressing with the glass droplets and strings.
The height reasonably obtainable by shortening the suspension chain to 3 links ( needed to reasonably suspend the chandelier temporarily and still be able to wire with ease), is more like 500mm. I also needed to hang the lowest hanging droplets on the inner ends of the arms rather than the suggested centre of the arms.
Our ceilings are 2340mm high I'm 1780mm tall (5'10") which gives me adequate space to walk normally under them.
Regards,
John
on 14 August 2015
The chandelier comes complete with a hook and plug for hanging from the ceiling. Most modern houses the ceiling is only constructed on thin
plasterboard and skimmed. The instructions state drill a hole and insert the plug then screw the hook into the rawl plug. This is taking the whole
weight of the chandelier. I consider this way of hanging a serious safety issue. A safer method would be if a wooden joist can be
located, and then a plug would not be needed as it usual to screw the hook directly into the beam. Then the threaded part of the hook should be
longer to take into account the plasterboard before locating into the joist above.
on 7 June 2016
We already had one real Crystal Chandelier at one end of the sitting room when we bought this place, so to find this Marie Chrome 5 Light Chandelier exaclty the same style is great and fits perfect at the other end of the room. Delighted with this, looks so nice giving off a good bright light and the Chandelier shines with lovely colours as light hits through each piece. A bit fiddly to put together as it all comes is individual pieces, but it is easy and will not take long. No problems, all pieces were there. Arrived next day well packed in a medium size box. Highly recommend.
on 10 February 2016
Delivered quickly. . Set up takes a bit of patience but is well worth it when up looks more expensive. . I've put a dimmer on mine very happy with chandelier :)
on 23 July 2012
The light is beautiful and I dont regret buying it however I didnt realise you had to add all the hanging attachments yourself which is extremely time consuming - expect to be there for approx 1 hour trying to figure out where all the pieces go - and dont expect any direction from the instructions.