on 17 August 2009
Since it premiered at Comic-Con '09 there has been a lot of buzz about this music video, both within The Guild community and further afield - and it's rightfully deserved. It's a polished production with excellent lyrics, direction and choreography and can easily stand side by side with any commercially available pop song.

In "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar", Felicia Day's lyrics are as quirky as her Guild scripts, with the added bonus of getting to hear her sing (which we've all been waiting to hear more of since Dr Horrible). You'll also hear Jeff Lewis and Sandeep Parikh perform an impromptu rap during a mid-song breakdown. The rest of The Guild cast can only be seen and not heard, which is why the video is essential viewing. Amy's dancing and Robin and Vincent's "in-character" overacting needs to be seen to get the full "Date My Avatar" experience.

The latest jewel on The Guild's crown was most likely produced on a tight "web video" budget but with Felicia Day, Jed Whedon and Mo Tancharoen involved, their Midas touch has delivered another piece of web video (and audio) gold. The music is catchy, the video is fun to watch and every time this group of people release a piece of work it reminds me why I love new media so much.
on 17 November 2009
I heard the song on The Guild's YouTube channel and was chuffed when I found the MP3 on Amazon. It's just one of those songs, it's catchy, true to gamers and doesn't take itself too seriously. If you're into your MMORPGs, then you don't even need me to tell you about this track, just buy it :D
on 18 August 2009
I like many people have been waiting for this since the news about it broke at Comic-Con and as soon as it was available on the Xbox i had to watch it and it was brilliant. The lyrics are funny and full of innuendo and are genuinely good!

As said in another review the production value of the video makes that an even better experience, but dont be put off buying both! If you ask me, any support I can give to those who are independatly creating entertainment that I actually want rather than creating lowest common denominator stuff deserves as much support as possible.
on 21 September 2009
This was an independent song by a webisode called The Guild and is the best song I've heard in a long time.
It links really well with the show as well which is about a group of online gamers playing a game that is similar to World Of Warcraft (WOW) and about their avatars (characters in the game) and for those that know online gaming the song is really funny.
The beat is catchy and Felicia is an amazing singer.
Well worth buying.
on 27 September 2009
A surprisingly catchy tune that I've been singing in my head for days. If you like the web/xbox live series then this is essential listening. Plus check out Felicia and Co. in full cosplay outfits in the music video on YouTube, V. sexy.....
on 31 May 2013
Virginal! The song of songs of dance music: (Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (feat. Felicia Day), just one click away..
on 18 September 2009
Sorry Taylor, I'll let you finish, but The Guild had one of the best music videos of all time!
on 17 August 2009
The people who work for and in The Guild are excellent at providing us with entertainment! They've given us many laughs with the web-series and do with extras like this!

A needed buy for those into the the series, this just shows how they can entertain us in so many ways and forms with their various talents!

You cannot get bored of dancing or singing along to this song, put it on repeat and you will have everlasting enjoyment!
on 12 October 2009
If you know what WOW is, then you will be able to get the jokes of this parody song from the online Guild series.