on 19 August 2009
Since it premiered at Comic-Con '09 there has been a lot of buzz about this music video, both within The Guild community and further afield - and it's rightfully deserved. It's a polished production with excellent lyrics, direction and choreography and can easily stand side by side with any commercially available pop song.

In "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar", Felicia Day's lyrics are as quirky as her Guild scripts, with the added bonus of getting to hear her sing (which we've all been waiting to hear more of since Dr Horrible). You'll also hear Jeff Lewis and Sandeep Parikh perform an impromptu rap during a mid-song breakdown. The rest of The Guild cast can only be seen and not heard, which is why the video is essential viewing. Amy's dancing and Robin and Vincent's "in-character" overacting needs to be seen to get the full "Date My Avatar" experience.

The latest jewel on The Guild's crown was most likely produced on a tight "web video" budget but with Felicia Day, Jed Whedon and Mo Tancharoen involved, their Midas touch has delivered another piece of web video (and audio) gold. The music is catchy, the video is fun to watch and every time this group of people release a piece of work it reminds me why I love new media so much.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 20 September 2009
This song is so great that I installed the Amazon mp3 downloader purely so that I could purchase it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again