5.0 out of 5 stars The gold standard in competitive goggles
Published on 26 Jun. 2012 by Dolphin

1.0 out of 5 stars Very uncomfortable
I bought a pair of these goggles because my old pair are getting on a bit and most of the reviews looked promising. These are, without question, the most painful goggles I have ever worn. I have only worn them once and, as previous reviewers have said, they are sharp and dig into the bone beneath my eye sockets. When you loosen the straps, they leak.

I...
Published 18 months ago by SnowCat

5.0 out of 5 stars The gold standard in competitive goggles, 26 Jun. 2012
Dolphin (Stuck inside a cloud) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
For years this model has been the competition goggle of choice for top competitive swimmers, and even though some are now trying out the newer Fastskin 3, the Speedsocket remains a supremely reliable option. The soft plastic cup creates an effective suction seal designed to keep water out during diving, tumble-turns and extreme swimming conditions. My husband bought them specifically for competition and has used nothing else for the last eight years. For everyday training, he uses an older pair of this same model, fitted a little looser. Although comfort-wise they may not suit everyone, there is no question that the Speedsocket are excellent goggles. They come with three nose bridges, to customize the fit, and a net pouch for storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedo speedsocket goggles, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Speedo Adult Speedsocket Mirror Goggles (Sports Apparel)
Great product, my son wears them for competing in swim meets and won't wear any other goggle. He would recommend them to his fellow swimmers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally dry eyes and no mist, 15 Sept. 2012
I just bought these goggles after a long time battling with mist and water inside my previous goggles. It's worth the investment! The glass is transparent and doesn't alter colours. It also features UV protection. I have a normal size head and the straps are almost at the maximum, so for somebody with a particularly large head they would probably be too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for real swimmers!, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Speedo Adult Speedsocket Mirror Goggles (Sports Apparel)
My wife hates these goggle but as she's not a competitive swimmer what does she know. If you are a competitive swimmer or like swimming seriously you need these goggle as the others just fall off. The do mist up after about 10-15 lengths but they never leak. They do mark your eye sockets a bit but they are to be worn tight so its to be expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very uncomfortable, 3 Nov. 2013

I expected much better from Speedo.

5.0 out of 5 stars No leak, 7 Sept. 2013
I have tried tens of goggles and always had problems of leaks (wrong shape of head I guess) plus sometimes of fog.
These ones work.
The same exist in "mirror" for outdoor use in the sun - brilliant as well.
Robust too, I have been using the first pair twice weekly for years.
They have been adopted by the whole family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great goggles to help you make a splash!, 25 April 2014
These are a great set of goggles! Very professional style, and clearly high quality material. I've been using these for a few months now and would certainly recommend.

Positive:
- Good balance between large viewable angle and small physical burden on the face.
- Cope well with 'pushing off' the side at speed.
- Nice, bungy, rubber strap around the back of your head feels secure and reassures me that these won't break after a few months like other goggles I've owned.

Negative:
- The nose 'clip' doesn't do any clipping. It's just a bridge between the two eye holes. For me that wasn't a big problem, but don't expect this product to substitute for a nose clip if you require one.

Overall, a great purchase. You're (at the time of writing) still in the low/medium end on price, and you'll be reassured to know that you get a middle-premium product for that money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best goggles out there!, 29 July 2011
Very simply the best goggles I have EVER used! I've been swimming for over 25 years at various levels and without a doubt these are the most comfortable small, socket type goggles I've worn.

If you don't want the large soft type of goggle then I really would suggest giving these a go, although everyone's facial structure is different and what may be comfortable for some may not be for others, I can can say that personally these feel great, others I have used sit too much in the eye and are really uncomfortable, others are a little too large and some just don't last.

This is my second pair of these in the last few years and I have used them a few times a week and they have been used in the sea as well, which is normally the death of any previous goggles! ;-) and these have still been in a great condition after. They have a couple of different nose bridges straps to choose from so you should fine one to suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars blulash, 30 Dec. 2013
These goggles were for my very fussy 13 year old daughter. She gets through goggles like they're going out of fashion and wears them regularly twice a week when swimming long distance for her swimming club. These worked brilliantly from the minute she put them on. No leakage and not nearly as much goggle mark left around eyes (very important for 13 year old body conscious girl!), even after swimming 5000m in one session. Will definitely stick to this style in future. Assuming that now we've actually managed to find them, speedo don't go and change the design! Not sure if they would work as well for an adult with a larger face though, despite them supposedly being meant for adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars best goggles, 14 Dec. 2013
As a regular swimmer and someone who has tried and tested lots of goggles these are far superior to any others I have tried. this is my 4 or 5th pair now and I wouldn't consider buying anything else. they never let water in until the rubber starts to wear, then I know its time to replace them. yes I agree with others, that the bridge, even when adjusted, can leave a little indentation around the eyes and bridge of nose and this generally starts to kick in around 20 minutes into a swim, but its worth the little discomfort to swim without having to constantly adjust.