5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed: Perfect!
This WiFi speaker was exactly what I needed: I wanted to be able to listen to internet radio and all my PC music in other rooms, for example while cooking or doing the dishes, or relaxing on the sofa (or in the bath!). That's what this Mimi Qube does.

Published on 23 Nov 2009 by F. Camilleri

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..........
I took delivery of this product a week or so back now, as a result of having a need for a tidy solution to the speaker issue on a new streamlined breakfast bar.

Published on 2 Mar 2010 by Mr Steve Lincolne

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed: Perfect!, 23 Nov 2009
F. Camilleri - See all my reviews
This review is from: Veho VSS-002w Mimi Qube 2.4 GHz WiFi Speaker System Including Transmitting Dongle (Electronics)

It's the size of a biggish apple, with the circumference about that of a normal mug. I've been carrying it around all over my flat: it's like carrying one of those small pillar candles. Very nice design and has this blue light on when working. It is easy to set up and operate.

The sound quality is quite good for its size, price, and use. I have used it in two and three rooms away from my PC and the sound quality is consistently excellent. The instructions say that there might be interference if you have metal walls or any metal in the walls. My walls have only brick and wood in them and the Qube works perfectly.

UPDATE January 2011: I'm still using my MiMi Qube, daily, with no problem at all after fourteen months.
UPDATE February 2012: Still using my Qube. I have since bought others as gifts, they make wonderful presents.
UPDATE January 2013: Yep, you got it: It's still doing brilliantly!
UPDATE January 2014: I'm still using the very same Qube. I've moved into a bigger house and the reception is still great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 26 Dec 2009
Bought this as a pressie and its great! As another reviewer said, for its size and price it has great sound and improves the tinny sound from my old laptop - great for using in the bathroom too!
We've had no problem with range - signal is picked up to the end of the garden (about 50m)! so perfect for my gardening hubby! Cute little piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Wireless Speaker, 23 Nov 2009
Mr. G. A. Degeorge (Lincoln UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Veho Wireless Speaker Last week and promptly received the item. I am very impressed with the quality and sound that comes from this small speaker, its not tinny sounds are perfect. I am very impressed also with the fact that you can take this speaker around the house including upstairs in the bedrooms and bathroom with no interuption or distortion to the sound. I have also asked whether there will be any additional speakers being sold seprately from the dongle and that will be happening shortly, as I would love to purchase more for each room in the house, works perfectly from any laptop or PC with a USB connection. I would recommend this product to anyone, you will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but.........., 2 Mar 2010
Mr Steve Lincolne (Brentwood, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

I loved it! Funky design, great sound, groovy blue & red backlit colours - great!...... Until.... I moved it about 20 feet away from the base station! Ideas of using it for BBQ's at the end of the garden this summer disappeared along with the transmitting signal as I lost ALL reception within 15-20 feet.

I really want to like this product & think they have done a terrific job with it, so I will put the "range" problem down to some quirky condition in my house which resulted in the loss of signal within a few feet, but I would recommend others to check all reviews on this possible problem if they have any ideas of using this product at any sort of range.

1.0 out of 5 stars POINTLESS - stops my internet working!, 23 Aug 2012
Rachel Carrell (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I have never written an Amazon review before but I am pretty annoyed by this product.

I bought it on the basis of all the great reviews, solely for the purpose of listening to internet radio.

However, whenever I plug it in, it disconnects my wireless internet and the radio stops working.

This issue isn't mentioned anywhere in the 'troubleshooting' brochure, but it is listed in their website as follows: "Problem: When I try to use the speaker to play sound that I am streaming live from a website my internet connection fails or causes the feed to stop and start. Why is this? Can I do anything to adjust it?
Resolution: Unfortunately sometimes the dongle can interfere with WiFi internet connections. This is due to the location of your computer's WiFi card and the Mimi dongle. We recommend that you try different USB ports on your computer, such as moving the dongle from the back to the front of the PC or using a USB extension cable to try and position the dongle in a position away from the computer's WiFi card."

Unfortunately MY computer has two USB ports, right next to each other, and using the dongle in either of them stops internet working.

This was therefore a total waste of money for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 11 Dec 2009
PJ Rankine (Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
What a great bit of kit this is. I already have a Bard Audio sender that transmits iTunes to my hi-fi and just wanted something I could pick up and take out into the garden. This is absolutely perfect, essentially its like a radio where you pick the playlist. The sound quality is not hi fidelity but its better than your tranny and good enough for casual listening which is what this is designed for. I haven't tested the range on the horizontal plane because its bloody freezing out but it worked happily on the top floor of my three storey house. I will definitely buy another one because the wireless sender will happily do several Qubes. The charger cable works fine off an iPOd charger plug if you have one, just swap the leads over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Speaker, Big Sound., 6 Jan 2010
Having spent quite some time searching the interweb for wireless speakers for my laptop, I found that there are not too many options available for less than 100. This product is considerably less money than that so I did have some reservations about the quality I could expect.

Upon arrival I was slightly disappointment with the small size of the speaker, however despite its relatively small stature it is rather loud. And what a beautiful little speaker it is with its eerie blue glowing lights.

The range of the speaker is rather limited however. It could not be used more than 30 ft away from its receiver.

It can also be used by connecting it to your pc/laptop via USB (which charges the device).

In summery I would say that considering this speaker is a lot cheaper than others on the market and that it does the job very well, then why buy anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages., 11 Jun 2010
Amazon Customer (Diss Norfolk England) - See all my reviews
I was a bit concerned when I first received the Mimi Qube , it just didn`t seem big enough to fill a cardboard box with sound let alone a room! All this changed as soon as I plugged it in to my laptop. The quality and clarity of sound are outstanding. Set-up is also very easy , just plug and play. I will certainly be buying another one at some point to enhance my listening pleasure even more. To sum up , buy one , you won`t regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 17 July 2010
Speaker quality not to bad, a little bit tinny but not much better than normal laptop speakers really. Speaker is fine playing music stored on pc but not very good for internet radio as keeps dropping signal. My internet speed went right down from 7.5meg to 0.2meg!! when wifi dongle was put in for some strange reason. Think the dongle must interfere with the wifi signal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 26 Dec 2009
Just received this as an Xmas present that i requested from my parents - well tested today and works all over the house (old thick stone walls), and no interference from any of the electrical/wifi stuff dotted about

Considering its about the size of a dwarf coke can it produces excellent quality sound and a good sound at a reasonable volume

30 seconds to set up - plug the dongle in and press the on button on the speakers and away to go!

Well recommended to anyone