4.0 out of 5 stars Lowbrow Comedy.
OK, let's get things straight, this is a pretty lowbrow comedy, it's not going to win any Golden Globes but hey, Diora Baird's already got a pair of those already.
If you got that, you'll like this film, if you didn't, you need to type something else into the homepage.
Published on 5 Aug 2010 by Duluoz Lautrec

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop The Movie I Want To Get Off!
The funniest thing about this movie is the title. The saddest thing is that the great Leslie Nielsen finished up being used as a gimmic in crass excuses for comedy such as this. I stopped the DVD after about 15 minutes, I just couldn't take any more, and that's coming from someone who sat through Howard The Duck!
Published 14 months ago by Doug McGrave

4.0 out of 5 stars Lowbrow Comedy., 5 Aug 2010
Duluoz Lautrec (Dewsbury, Yorkshire.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Personally, I thought it was very funny, a kind of guilty pleasure funny, but funny all the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop The Movie I Want To Get Off!, 15 Feb 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Gross Vulgar Overkill, 25 Dec 2009
Ursula K. Raphael "AstraDaemon of The Zombiep... (USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I chose this movie because I love parodies like Scary Movie and Date Movie, and the adult humor in movies like Airplane! and The Naked Gun -- I even love B-movies like Killer Klowns from Outer Space, but I didn't think Stan Helsing was funny at all.

One of the opening scenes was a giant roach glazing a guy's face in a bathroom stall, and the "adult humor" grew progressivley worse with every scene. They even showed "Michael Jackson" handing out lewdly shaped popsicles to kids, from an ice cream truck. Several characters attempting to gratify themselves -- apparently that was suppose to be funny. I can't say much more about the scenes without breaking Amazon's guidelines for review content.

Other details of the movie were just as awful. The group picks up a hitchhiker on the way to the horror town. They attempted a spoof on Charlie Manson by putting a swastika on the end of his nose. It's as if they weren't even trying...just filming whatever lame ideas they came up with: a security guard who gives advice on keeping your chain saw well-oiled, a gay altar boy ("I'm almost a priest"), a vampire brothel/strip club (guess they were spoofing Bordello of Blood), a haunted house complete with a fart room...the longest ninety minutes of my life that I wish I had back.

2.0 out of 5 stars o well., 25 Mar 2014
Mohammed87 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I did not like the quality, it was not good. the cover looks good that's why I bought it. will be buying it non bluray soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars The whole town is dead..., 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I'm not a fan of the Scary Movie franchise, or those blasted ..... movie movies, so I knew what I was letting myself in for, but in the back of my head, I thought, just one of these movies, just one, could change the way they make these movies.

It's still need to be made though.

There is one good visual gag involving the Ring right at the beginning, and then it goes way of the old toilet humour and sexual innuendo gags at every level possible.

The cast are given very little to do, apart from scream, act really stupid, and just generally irritate the audience.

Story is silly but to the point, titular character has to deliver some videos (even though there DVDs) and ends up getting lost and the townsfolk mistake him for Hugh Jackman.

Cue lots of unfunny jokes referencing slasher movies of the eighties and Leslie Nielsen in a wig and make up.

It's as bad as it sounds.

I wish I hadn't had bothered.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. I should listen to my own advice . . ., 5 Dec 2012
Beedo Sookcool (Torbay, Devonshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Usually, at the end of my reviews, I recommend that people rent the item I'm writing about before buying it, to see if it's their cup of tea before committing to a purchase. But when I saw that Leslie Nielsen was in this film, I pounced on it without hesitation, since I'm a fan of his.

Others have gone into enough detail about this film, so you don't need me to go through all that stuff again, so I'll just add my thoughts to the mix. While not anywhere near as dire as most of the previously-released "Movie Movies" (Disaster Movie, Sports Movie, etc.), I think this is a film I wouldn't have bought had I rented it first. It has a rambling plot (which is more than I can say for "Disaster Movie"), a few good laughs, and some decent acting, but I believe it could have been better. There wasn't enough Leslie Nielsen in it for my liking, too much of the humour was the lowest end of base, and the ending is rather lazy, leaving me wondering: "Oh, is that it?" I don't think I'll get much repeat viewing out of it, now that I own it. It might be an okay movie for renting once on a slow weekend, if you just want to kick back and not engage your brain too much.

So: I recommend you rent this film to see if it's your cup of tea before committing to a purchase. Just 'cause I wasn't so keen on it doesn't mean you might not absolutely love it. It might be more suited to a teenaged / student audience than a middle-aged guy like me. Heck, SOMEONE must be really enjoying these things, or they wouldn't keep stamping them out.

3.0 out of 5 stars underrated, 11 May 2012
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Funny spoof which takes the mic out of just about everything. Crazey plot with cheesy characters which adds to the laughs 7/10

4.0 out of 5 stars "..STUPID BUT FUN NO BRAINER COMEDY..", 24 April 2012
S. Drury "SDX-800" (U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
These movies are not everyone's cup of tea, but if you are into stupid no brainer comedies then this one hits the spot, in the style of scary movie, Stan Helsing spoofs horror movies, but more the retro characters like Freddy and Jason. Overall it's pretty funny, a bit slow to get started, the horror icons don't get as much screen time as you hope and the rest of the film is filled out with stupid horror jokes from other films like lesbian vampire killers and the ring etc! Could have been better but worth a watch!

1.0 out of 5 stars Least funny film ever, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Given that i thought scary movie was one of the funniest horror spoofs to date i assumed rather incorrectly that this couldn't be all too bad. After buying it my opinion drastically changed. The acting is terrible, the jokes are just not funny and in all honesty i feel cheated out of an hour and a half of my life. If you consider buying this please don't. Get scary movie it's so much better

2.0 out of 5 stars stan helsing, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I bought this dvd because of Leslie Nielsen(his part is very short)but I threw it out after first seeing.Simply boring non-comedy story about maniacs-killers and ghosts(?).

ARRAY(0xb27c6ee8)

Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009]
Stan Helsing [DVD] [2009] by Bo Zenga (DVD - 2010)
9.79