Format: DVD|Change

on 18 November 2009
I received my copy of this DVD yesterday and I was looking forward to seeing a repeat of last years very entertaining show, however I must say I was disappointed. Last year we saw the group do a couple of group dances as well as the normal format, however on this years DVD there is a group dance by the Professionals but no group dance with the Celeb's involved.
on 15 December 2009
An excellent production - my wife and I were in the audience when this was fimed, the result is so much better than trying to watch the action from the 'cheaper' seats at the O2, even with the large TV screens - and no problem getting back into central London when the Victoria line is not running normally!
on 22 December 2009
The content of this DVD is very good, following the format of the popular TV show but with selected couples dancing and competing. Would have prefered the final result to have been in the hands of judges but the format rightly allowed the audience to become part of the show. Well done worth watching again.
on 3 April 2010
I very much enjoyed this video, it was good fun. The only reason I marked it one star less than 5 was because it did not have the utterly sublime winning foxtrot that Rachel and Vincent did on Strictly Come Dancing (and I'd hoped it would; in other words prior advertising on Amazon was inadequate). I completely agreed with the audiences' choice of winner on this 'Live at the O2 centre', because the sensitivity the male showed to his partner was 'just how it should be' in my opinion, and it was very touching.
on 11 January 2010
This was a brilliant buy especially as Brucie does not appear on the DVD. Very suitable for feeding my Strictly addiction
on 12 January 2010
DVD Quality very good.....Content also very good...Julian Clary is particularly amusing....You get to hear comments (very funny) that you just do not get on the TV programme..The dancers seem somewhat lost in the sheer size of the O2...This is the reason that I would never ever go to see a show there.....Its like going to a football stadium...Have seen a number of the Strictly spin off shows in two London theatres and a local theatre & this is much better when you are in the audience....At the O2, because the cameras are able to zoom in, you keep close to the dancers but heaven forbid if you were actually in the audience...I have heard it said that you you should'nt go to the O2 if you suffer from vertigo.
on 12 January 2010
It was pure joy, the dancing the music and Gethin Jones!!!!
on 5 March 2014
I prefer to have more show case dancing. The supposedly light hearted fun, one can do without. I prefer proper dancing which 80% of the dances were. So it's ok!
VINE VOICEon 23 November 2011
i loved this, great for all dance fans.strictly road show live at the o2,starring tom chambers,rachel stevens,gethin jones,julian clary,jodie kidd,cherie lunghi,kenny logan and jill halfpenny,all battling it out for the cristal ball.fab dances from kristina reinoff and matthew cutler,and other pro dancers.lots of laughs with the judges craig,len,bruno and arlene,(it was nice to listen to arlenes opinions again).julian as a bit of a go at craig,all in all great dvd and for just over a £1 what more could we ask for and free pp to,i would highly recommend ,make a fab present to for strictly lovers.thanks amaazon
on 2 March 2015
Good dancing and banter between the contestants and judges, though Julian Clary does hog the limelight a little longer than he needs to (and I'm very pro-gay so I do normally like the guy.) But why do they have to use pop tunes instead of classical ballroom music? I want to hear real ballroom music, for example, 'A Media Luz' for a tango tune. (If anybody reading these reviews can tell me where to find a Strictly DVD that uses this song I'd be more than grateful!) The dancing makes it very watchable though.