on 13 October 2010
I was actually looking for Autoglym High Definition Wax at my local car place, however that was the ONLY Autoglym product that they didn't seem to have in stock. So after reading the wild claims on the other dozen different kinds of wax and polish I settled on one from a company I had at least heard of.

So glad I did. Turtlewax Ice is so easy to apply it had me thinking I was doing something wrong for a while. You only need to apply a tiny amount to the applicator and this will spread thinly over an entire panel (as well as throughout the sponge and all over your hands - you might wish to use gloves). The polish can be used on paintwork, plastic, rubber etc, so you can use it to apply a protective coat to virtually every surface on your car - just not the windscreen. Once this polish is applied and buffed off with the supplied cloth, dirt, dust, insects, and bits of plant material just blow right off the car. Water beads nicely and runs off in any direction it can.

The lustrous finish this product brings out is tremendous. I have a dark blue metallic paint and it is now incredibly shiny yet at the same time it looks like a deep dark well. I noticed condensation on the roof of the car in the late evening but this did not reveal buffing strokes.

It is worth mentioning just how economical this product is. After I finished my entire car the bottle didn't really look as if it had any less polish in it. You really do use a ridiculously tiny amount. I suspect the applicator sponge will fall apart long before I run out of polish.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2010
I was recommended to the Turtlewax Ice Liquid Car Polish by a friend who uses nothing else. I am always a little suspicious of the claims made by the manufacturer but this time it was without cause. The polish is simple to apply, doesn't leave a chalky residue on the car and polishes to an amazing shine with no problems. I hope the finish stays for a good long period without fading back etc. but at the moment I am really satisfied with the 'car cleaning' result. It is also very economic. A small amount on the applicator pad seems to cover a very large area without waste. I am therefor expecting my 483ml bottle to last a long while.Time will tell but I expect to continue using the product from now on!
on 20 October 2013
I have been using ICE liquid polish for about 18 months now and have found it to be to be quick and easy to apply to my car's paintwork, plastic parts and rubber seals. It is just as easy to polish after it has dried. You can even apply it in strong sunlight. Even the tyres look great after an application of ICE and hold their finish for some considerable time without discolouration.

Another plus point is that ICE liquid polish is colourless and does not leave any white residue behind to remain in scratches, stone chips or on the rubber trims.

If I am in a hurry to add some shine to the car after a wash then this is perfect for the job. Do make sure that you apply the polish thinly, as too much will take a long time to dry and a lot of extra polishing to bring up the shine.

I find that it provides an excellent base for a showroom shine if one uses ICE and then a coat of carnauba wax on top.
on 5 January 2014
Would have been better if the bottle hadn't leaked roughly a third of the contents into the packaging. Long story short, complained to supplier, supplier asked for photo evidence of problem and full refund given. The remaining product was used on my car and have to say that the results look promising.
on 10 November 2013
This was a gift for my brother - he had asked for it for his birthday. I believe he is thrilled with the results he is getting and spends an inordinate amount of time looking after his pride and joy and this product is a key component in the love and care he is lavishing on it!
on 8 January 2012
This product is amazing - high gloss finish on both paintwork and plastics. The applicator is excellent and the polish didn't need too much elbow grease which is always a bonus.
on 31 January 2014
This product is excellent does exactly what it says on the tin and brings the car up really nice, worth paying that little bit extra. Highly recommend to all.
on 27 April 2010
The polish was a very thin liquid. Easy to apply.
Seemed easy to polish off, and left a nice finish. However when I returned to the car the next morning I could see lots of cloth marks. I could tell if I had buffed the polish with sweeping movements, or straight lines. I then slighly dampended a cloth and wiped the affected areas, left to dry, and rebuffed with a microfibre cloth, however it was very hard work to remove the marks.

On a hot sunny day the marks are still visible.
0Comment9 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2013
I've tried loads of car care products and I would rate this one as best. Ok if your truly obsesive and have polishing machines etc you might be better with a paste product however if like me you want a long lasting finish that takes moderate effort and time then this is the product. Good to apply this really makes your car look good and comes with applicator and a good quality polishing cloth.