4.0 out of 5 stars Good job of solving Apple's problem
My wife bought a new shuffle to use when exercising. Unfortunately, she doesn't have Apple design approved ears, so the iPod earphones just drop out. She has some nice shiny Sennheiser sport headphones but there's no way to get the shuffle to work.

Published on 15 Dec 2009 by R. W. Mackenzie

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not use if you exercise
I bought the Ipod shuffle to run/exercise with and the headphone controls failed after about 5 runs. I assuming this is due to sweat getting into them. I bought this hoping it might be a better solution but I've run with it once and now it does not work at all. I didn't even use the controls during exercise.

It's a great product if you just want to use...
Published on 19 Feb 2010 by Scoot

4.0 out of 5 stars Good job of solving Apple's problem, 15 Dec 2009
This review is from: Belkin Headphone Adaptor and Remote Control for iPod Shuffle (Accessory)

Result, you need to go out and buy an adaptor. This Belkin one does a fine job, and she's happy with it, but frankly this is not a problem that should have arisen in the first place. A real Apple blunder which results in extra cost if you want to use someone else's headphones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not use if you exercise, 19 Feb 2010

It's a great product if you just want to use different headphones, the controls are bigger and easier to use than the Apple headphones although their position near the unit defeats the object. But it appears this type of control is just not resistant to moisture or sweat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Partly works with Nexus One, 4 Sep 2010
This connection can be used to combine your own choice of headphones with some of the functionality of the Nexus One in-line remote/mic. With the Nexus One:

* Pressing the centre button once pauses the track
* Pressing the centre button twice skips to the next track

The volume buttons and the previous track option (pressing the centre button three times) do not work with the Nexus One. I have not tested the mic. This should be similar for all Android devices.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 5 Jan 2010
M. W. Hall "just_martin" (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had two of these beggars now. Both of them have had the cable come away from the casing. This was despite my ingenious solution of taping the second one to a stiff piece of card to avoid stressing the joint. I'm a keen runner and do like to listen to music on my longer runs, these adapters don't seem to be able to take the stress of someone jogging and therefore swinging the cable. Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful piece of equipment, 2 May 2010
Mrs. J. Johns (England) - See all my reviews
I bought an Ipod shuffle but the problem was that if I used it with my stereo or in the car, through the car attachement I could not alter the sound or skip tracks or replay tracks. This is a wonderful piece of equipment and I cannot recommend it enough. I use it with my stereo in the house and it is a true pleasure to use. I take it out in the car and can now replay tracks or skip them.
BUY THIS GADEGET IF YOU HAVE AN IPOD SHUFFLE

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but defeats the object!, 30 Nov 2009
So you like the look of the nice new ipod shuffle.
Great little player but your stuck with controlling it with apple earphones.
Alternatively there are now third party earphones out there with the controls built on the line BUT they might not be for you, you might want to use those nice Bose Inner Ear noise cancelling things you bought.

SO you buy the adapter, GREAT, you can now control your Shuffle.

But have we not defeated the object of this new shuffle with this inline control? The Belkin adapter is fairly short, which you'd want it to be considering the headphone cable length. You want the controls half way along your cable. The fact the controls are now right by your shuffle you might as well just have the buttons on the shuffle itself!

Nothing wrong with the product it is a solution!

5.0 out of 5 stars problem solved, 22 Mar 2010
I thought that there was no way of controlling the iPod shuffle, I asked various electronic outlets and got the same negative response,that is until I found the Belkin Headphone Adaptor. This adaptor allows you to connect to speakers or alternative headphones , without losing the ability to control the shuffles output and selecting the music. I have passed the news onto several of the electronic people that said it was not possible .
wp 22/03/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient, 19 July 2011
Bluebell (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is a very useful piece of kit. I've often wanted to be able to turn my iPod/iPhone or tiny radio on and off and be able to adjust the volume without taking the device out of my pocket. The Apple headphones with Mic was an advance but sometimes I want to use better headphones or ones that don't fall out of my ears when I'm out hill-walking.

A specialized additional use is when I connect my iPhone to the iCom device that communicates with my Phonak hearing aids I can now alter the volume of the iPhone without taking it out of my pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Headphone adaptor, 6 Nov 2010
A must for gym users who purchase the ipod shuffle. You can then use better earphones that actually stay in when on the treadmill!

4.0 out of 5 stars Belkin headphone adaptor, 7 Oct 2010
Really good product does exactly what it says. I bought mine to allow my I Ipod shuffle to operate through my motorcycle intercom - works a treat small and unobtrusive but chunky enough to be operated with a gloved hand perfect.

For reference its about 50% bigger than the inline control on the apple headphone.

Simple, effective and cheaper than the shops- nuff said