on 15 July 2014
After growing a beard for the first time in my life, I purchased this comb along with some beard oil in order to keep said beard nicely groomed.
The comb was nicely packaged and has the look and feel of a quality product.
On using the comb I was initially a bit frustrated, but this was due to my own stupidity rather than a flaw with the comb. I speak of the near impossible task of getting this comb open if you have oily fingers from applying beard oil. This frustration can be easily avoided by opening the comb before applying beard oil or washing oil off hands before opening the comb. However, the only sequence of events that seems to satisfy my feeling of oneness with the universe is 1- Apply beard oil, 2- Open comb, 3- Comb beard, 4 -Close comb, 5- Wash hands. Having to change this sequence of events made me deeply unhappy so I decided to use a comb which does not require opening in the bathroom and use this comb for carrying around with me which, of course, is the whole purpose of this comb.
For this purpose the comb is perfect. It is small enough when folded to carry in a pocket and plenty big enough when unfolded to do a good job of combing your hair or beard. There is also a clip which I assume is for clipping onto a shirt pocket like you would a pen. I doubt I will use this feature though. If someone asks to borrow a pen after seeing the clip on my shirt pocket and I tell them I do not have a pen, I will have to show them that it is a comb or they will think that I am lying and just don't want to lend them my pen and that is an awkward situation I could do without. Also, I don't really wear shirts.
As hard as I have tried I cannot envisage a scenario in which I would get slippery fingers and then immediately need to use this comb whilst I am out and about going about my business. I can therefore find no flaws with this comb and award it 5 stars.
I will be purchasing a Kent Brushes Beard and Moustache comb for my bathroom as my current bathroom comb is not of the same quality as this comb. It is also a different colour to this comb, and that's starting to bother me.
VINE VOICEon 20 July 2012
What to say about a comb? What makes one better than another? Well, this comb is simply superb. It doesn't scratch, it doesn't balk at a slight tangle, and its compactness mean it can be hooked to an inside pocket for use at any time. It is also, I found, a pleasure to use, as it feels so good to run this through the hair. There aren't many hand-made items on the market at such a low price that are of such high quality and so practical. This one deserves to be better known.
on 17 July 2012
I would say that the comb is the best i ever had. The quality is waaaay better than the competitors and even a very critical eye will not be able to say anything negative about it. Very satisfied!
on 25 May 2015
These are the essentials you need each time you leave the house. Yes, I know, a comb? Absolutely. It’s changed my life, and for the better too.

When you make the switch from standard issue hair to something with a little more style and class, then you want to make sure you’re able to keep looking your best throughout the day.

Most of the pomades on this site are softer hold, which means you’ll have the opportunity to tune up your hair throughout the day. Sure, you can use your fingers, but what a man really needs is a comb. And the Kent folding comb is just about perfect for this. Easy to use, fine enough to give your hair a great look and small enough when it’s folded up to slip into the tightest of skinny jeans pockets. Plus it’s cool as balls carrying a comb about with you. You feel like Fonzie! This comb is handmade, meaning in this case that it’s hand sawn to make sure there are no rough edges. Just a smooth slick look each time. Mock tortoise shell effect makes it look pretty retro and there’s a handy little clip on the side should you want to stick it in a shirt pocket next to your pen protector.

Works really well on beards too. Now that I’m no longer cleanly shaven, the Kent works well and making sure not a hair falls out of place during the day. All for less than a fiver on Amazon. In short get one!
on 13 March 2013
I bought this as a gift for someone going on their travels. They loved it and have continued to use it now that they are back. It is perfect for the gym bag too
on 19 January 2014
I use this mainly to tame my mane. It is fantastic piece of work, it looks exquisite and extremely cool. When i'm at a party and whip out my Kent Handmade Comb for Men, it's like a magnet for the female persuasion.

Strong, well made.

Only problem is that they're really easy to lose. I've literally bought about 3-4 of these and lost them. Buy one but keep it safe! I might attach a beeper to mine actually...
on 19 June 2015
A nifty little comb, but unfortunately the brass fixing in mine has worked itself loose after a couple of months. Did I really need a specialist beard comb? Probably not. Did I want one anyway? Yes I did. The fold away design suggests that you should be carrying this thing with you, possibly using the little clip attachment to keep it safely stowed in a shirt pocket, so if that's what you're looking for then this is the comb for you. It won't magically make your beard fuller, but you'll definitely get some lingering looks if you pop this out in front of a shop window and embark on a public grooming regime. What else is there to say? It's a little comb for your beard. My wife rolled her eyes, and yes there are cheaper combs for the purpose, but if you're going to invest in a beard comb, get a nice one.
on 23 April 2014
So a few months into growing a full beard I decided that it needed a bit of taming. A friend of mine suggested a Kent Comb which led me to purchase this one. A great little fold away Comb, sits neatly in a pocket.
The materials are great & is really high quality....the price is also fantastic.
If you are looking for a nice looking good quality comb you have found it here.
Only slight niggle is that the gold writing does wear off after a while but this does not detract from the fact this is a smart bit of kit.

Well, a few months later I have lost my original comb following an intoxicated Wedding, so I'm now ordering my second one as I was still impressed with it.
on 15 October 2014
Edit: Below is my original review. The company has since taken my complaint on board and removed the plasticky rubbish. Everything is now a much solider metal. Now it's the perfect comb beyond the fact that they're so small that you can find yourself misplacing them if you're not careful... which is why I went back and bought two more and found out the company had made changes.

Beautiful and useful comb. My only problem was the joint between the comb and it's 'case' was cheap and plasticky. I removed it and put in my own copper one and now it's solidly wonderful. Very worth getting even if you don't have the know how to remove the plasticky rubbish.
on 6 October 2014
Very high quality folding comb, just as the other reviewers have said it does not catch or pull at your hair and doesn't scratch your head.
If you are new to combs I'd advise you do some research into the brand, as they have a large variety and may have something to suit you better.
This one is the 20T and designed for very fine or wet hair, which I was unaware of at the time of purchase and have now discovered they do many other products, some which would suit my purposes more than this.

Highly impressed by the quality/price, would buy from the company again without a doubt