5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful morality play for the 21st century
I thought the Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus was bloody wonderful, but it has many of Terry's interesting problems that he tends to build into his movies.

For a start it is perhaps too complex and rich. There is sometimes things going on in the background and indeed, the foreground which can be confusing and you always suspect that you've missed something. The...
Published on 12 May 2010 by Theo M. King

2.0 out of 5 stars A mildly entertaining way to spend 2 hours
This film is no Dark Night, Tigerland or...sorry can't think of a decent Jude Law film! The cinematography is spectacular but the whole movie feels like a play and if I wanted to see a play I would have gone to a play. Ledger is the outstanding performer as you would expect and watching him show up his straight out of drama school English co-'stars' just makes you wish he...
Published on 1 Aug 2011 by Viva Barry Norman

1.0 out of 5 stars Confused and dissapointed, 29 April 2010
I was really looking forward to this film after seeing the trailers, the fantasy worlds and the big names. However I was left feeling confused throughout and the story didn't seem to go anywhere. At times the acting seemed very forced and although I wanted to like the characters - it just didn't happen.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing., 12 May 2010
M. joffrey "minipixie" (france) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus [DVD] (DVD)
thought this would be really good as had Jonny depp in but personally... i wasted my money.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of two hours!, 21 April 2010
I must admit that i had not heard much about this film before renting it. If i had perhaps read of the series of dark events that clouded this films production i may steered clear of it entirely. Oh how i wish that this had been the case.....

Two hours of absolute rubbish. And i mean RUBBISH! (and i really liked the new Clash of the Titans remake!)

The plot dies about 1/3 of the way into the film. The characters are boring and do not develop at all. Even the fantasy scenes are poorly produced with outdated effects. The cast of actors seems top notch but the mechanic behind introducing all these famous faces (brought about by the death of Heath) means that it feels like each one is making a quick cameo rather than taking on responsibility of the role.

The funniest scene in the film is a midgit (mini-me) 'blacked-up' as a street child trying to get the sympathy vote of an audience. That is how low this film drops!

Please do yourself a favour and give this one a miss!

1.0 out of 5 stars The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, 2 May 2010
Mrs. Denise Pearson (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. I initially bought it for my sons to watch but thought I would watch it first, having Johnny Depp and Jude Law in it, it had to be good didnt it! Wrong, the story was rubbish, and very bland. Mixed up and really not worth wasting an evening watching it. I was so disappointed. My sons didnt enjoy it either. Was a shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish!, 7 April 2010
Expected far more. This was an absolutely dire film and I won't be wasting any more time (or money) on Terry Gilliam productions. Don't waste yours on this junk!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ghastly, a complete waste of a dvd., 23 Dec 2009
Dennis R. Quine "DR Q: The honest critic" (Douglas, Isle of Man, GB) - See all my reviews
Dont waste your money on this film, it is absolutely Ghastly. I only gave it one star because it is the lowest I could go. If I had my way I would have given it minus 5 stars.
I cannot believe that anyone would waste time and money making something as appallingly bad as this load of codswallop. I am certainly sorry that I wasted my time and money watching it.
What a tragic film for Heath Ledger to finish his career with.
Save your money, go buy something else, anything else, it is bound to be better.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus  [DVD]
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus [DVD] by Terry Gilliam (DVD - 2010)
4.49