on 18 September 2010
It is a good product although the basket can be dangerous as it wobbles around, when trying to drain the fat off. better and cleaner than a machine.
on 10 October 2012
I give this deep fryer a 100% thumbs up. I have always preferred to use normal saucepans with wire baskets inside for frying chips as I think deep fat fryers are so difficult to keep clean plus you can't put all the parts in the dishwasher. So this deep fryer being enamel is brilliant and is even so easy to wash up by hand. I leave the wire basket handles hanging over the side of the pan whilst I'm frying [obviously be very careful if you have a gas hob not to let the flame come over the bottom of the pan] and it is so easy to lift the basket out. Of course, you cannot use the glass lid when you are frying, but it is perfect to have ready on the worktop with a piece of kitchen towel on it to shake off the excess oil or you can fold the basket handles underneath the basket and leave the basket to stand in it and drain. You could even use this fryer for a casserole dish. I absolutely love it.
on 28 December 2012
Just what I wanted, never go back to dirty electric chip fryers again, love this it's so easy to use and clean, goes on the hob right under the extractor fan
on 18 November 2012
I wanted to replace my existing chip pan which I have had for years, with exactly the same.
which is what I have got.Very pleased
on 23 February 2011
I was very pleased with this pan plenty of room to cook enough chips for four people, I received my order within a couple of days.
on 21 January 2010
This fryer looks the part until you begin to use it. The Lid does'nt fit properly and the handles stick out too far, protruding onto your other hobs. Then when you want to extract the contents, you have to pull up the handles and then riskily fold both of them down at the same time to rest them on the pan.
I'm looking for a new one already
on 10 May 2013
When it FINALLY arrived (albeit wrong colour) it gets used once a week and does the job it should do ... cooks chips! After years of following the more healthier route of oven chips and never really enjoying them, I made the decision to get a proper chip pan. My family says the chips are lovely and I have to agree with them. It's easy to clean, unlike the deep fat fryers and holds enough chips for 3 people. The only downside to it is that the colour has burnt off the handles (which get extremely hot) and so it doesn't look that smart.
on 21 October 2014
Wrong colour we ordered black and received a cream one.the wire basket,inmy opinion is very dangerous,it is flimsy in build and very awkward to to fold over to put on sides to drain the fat off.
The pan itself sems well made and should make a reasonably good casserole dish.
Sorry we bought this.we could have sent it back but purchased a new stronger basket and threw this one away,we only use it to cook chips( once)a week;the rest of the week it is in the cupboard so no big deal.
on 31 August 2014
Sadly, I should have taken more notice of the product reviews. Whilst the supplier sent the product quickly and it was well packed, there's little else that I can say that has any merit. The Pyrex lid is OK. The basket is flimsy; even cheap, and certainly too small for the deep fryer. The handles are not insulated and therefore get too hot. I shall find a suitable basket elsewhere. I think that this is the first bad product review that I think that I have ever put online.
on 9 June 2011
I was looking for a replacement to aluminum chip pans, which are very difficult to maintain, due to burned oils sticking stubbornly on the interior of the pan. Stainless steel models are grossly overpriced, and the enameled Premier deep fryer appeared to be a sensible choice, especially that the transparent lid is a very attractive feature.
Once unpacked, the product failed to meet expectations. A regular tin pan (not steel, as labelled), a Pyrex lid without knob and a thin wire chip basket, none of them designed for each other. The basket is unstable due to significant clearance between it and the pan, while the lid makes it even worse since it has no grooves to fit over the basket handles. If the basket handles are swung outside, which should be their operational position, the lid keeps on shifting sideways, together with the basket. If they are swung inside, the lid fits, but handles become full of grease from splashing particles and no longer fulfill their utility.
The lid supplied with the product is a classic Pyrex casserole lid, which is not the right choice. A working alternative would be a bespoke lid provided with metallic rim, clipped to fit over the basket handles and thus stabilising the whole set together.
I do not feel that the product qualifies as deep fry pan.
On the good side, it is compatible with conventional oven and has an overly generous capacity (10" diameter / 5" depth), which might recommend it as a suitable container for roasting meats.